• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PC Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definition: Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

@abcboy probably likes Madagascar and Victor and Valentino.

And they have not done that. Also, I don't know if Bulbapedia is like the Mario wiki, but isn't there anywhere you could do a proposal and see what the people on Bulbapedia think?

But this is a private POKÉMON wiki forum and not a NINTENDO wiki forum.

Anyway, I never played Sonic Forces so I don’t know if you can name the avatar.

First of all, this only and I mean only a Pokémon forum.

And as for the second thing, Sonic Forces let’s you have an avatar and what they be named? Check stuff like a website, promo, back cover, or on that forum, instruction manual to see the name they use. If they use “NIATRAINER” or “TRAINERNIA” on the app’s webpage, I am assuming what the GO protagonists would be called if I did what Cream Tangerine said.

First of all, this only and I mean only a Pokémon forum.
I was saying if Bulbapedia has somewhere you can make proposals to see what other people think. I mentioned the Mario wiki because it has that system in place and I don't know if Bulbapedia does, too.

And as for the second thing, Sonic Forces let’s you have an avatar and what they be named? Check stuff like a website, promo, back cover, or on that forum, instruction manual to see the name they use. If they use “NIATRAINER” or “TRAINERNIA” on the app’s webpage, I am assuming what the GO protagonists would be called if I did what Cream Tangerine said.
*sigh* I still didn't say anything related to this.

Glitch: There is not notifications meaning that I didn’t know you didn’t reply to me.

Anyway, go here.

Last edited:
I don't know if we could use TrainerNia, considering it is even more of a placeholder than the ones in the other games and it's just an abreviation of "Trainer Niantic".

I don't know if we could use TrainerNia, considering it is even more of a placeholder than the ones in the other games and it's just an abreviation of "Trainer Niantic".

I’m saying if we use names like Elio, Selene, Chase, Elaine, Scottie, Bettie, Victor, and Gloria because they are used in promotional material, why not use “TrainerNIA” or “NIATrainer”?

Also, why is Green called Leaf if Red is called by his color instead of his symbol, Fire?

I’m saying if we use names like Elio, Selene, Chase, Elaine, Scottie, Bettie, Victor, and Gloria because they are used in promotional material, why not use “TrainerNIA” or “NIATrainer”?
Have you ever actually seen anyone talk about the trainers in GO. They're even less of individuals than mainline trainers. They really don't even exist. They don't even have a Bulbapedia page.

They are literally just you. The trainers in Pokemon GO amount to basically forum avatars like the one to the left of this post.
Also, why is Green called Leaf if Red is called by his color instead of his symbol, Fire?
Well, Leaf didn't exist until Fire Red and Leaf Green. And Leaf is just slightly more creative than Green.

Also, there's the whole Blue/Green debacle with RBGY's rival so really calling her Green just makes that whole mess worse.

Besides, she's called Leaf in Masters now and that's good enough for me.

Have you ever actually seen anyone talk about the trainers in GO. They're even less of individuals than mainline trainers. They really don't even exist. They don't even have a Bulbapedia page.

They are literally just you. The trainers in Pokemon GO amount to basically forum avatars like the one to the left of this post.

Well, Leaf didn't exist until Fire Red and Leaf Green. And Leaf is just slightly more creative than Green.

Also, there's the whole Blue/Green debacle with RBGY's rival so really calling her Green just makes that whole mess worse.

Besides, she's called Leaf in Masters now and that's good enough for me.

First, they probably should add those names for Pkn Go.

Two, I don’t understand why Leaf is referred to Green in LPGE. It’s like saying Crystal is a better name for Kris. This is what I mean by Leaf vs. Green. She has her original attire on because she hasn’t changed.

Three, if no name is enter, for all Generations VII-VIII, will they be promoted by their promo names or by promo names?

And four, will Elio and Selene be called Sun and Moon in Masters?

Last edited:
“TrainerNIA” and “NIATrainer” are obviously placeholder names (even the webpage you linked doesn't mention any sort of “TrainerNIA” or “NIATrainer") while some legitimacy can be attached to Elio or Gloria, for example, as they have been used in promotional material and are real names.

Two, I don’t understand why Leaf is referred to Green in LPGE.
The character in LGPE seems to be based off of the character Green, or at least her pre-FRLG design, from the Pokemon Adventures manga, hence the name Green. She isn't the same person as Leaf.
251px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png
(Leaf)
dcsb3ud-17aeab3b-64da-4219-b6fc-162225caa8c6.png
(Green: game)
latest
(Green: pre-FRLG manga)

Three, if no name is enter, for all Generations VII-VIII, will they be promoted by their promo names or by promo names?
I don't think the game lets you play without entering a name.

And four, will Elio and Selene be called Sun and Moon in Masters?
Probably not considering the other PCs are not named after their game. The female protagonist from B2W2 is Rosa and not White, for example.

Last edited:
People even probably choose a mix of genders and can choose any name they want. They should have a male or female sign if they are the wrong gender. @Emelie is probably right that they shouldn’t have removed the female protagonists.

They shouldn't have removed the unused female protagonists in Red/Blue (girl in black dress) and Gold/Silver (there was evidence found in the leaked SpaceWorld demo that there was a female protagonist at one point).

I wonder why they stuck to only boys. But Leaf now redirects to Green on Bulbapedia. If Red and Blue had their newer outfits, why not have Green have her new outfit. Also, I never why every gym leader is in their FRLG attire except for Misty and Brock. Their other attires are from different games.

“TrainerNIA” and “NIATrainer” are obviously placeholder names (even the webpage you linked doesn't mention any sort of “TrainerNIA” or “NIATrainer") while some legitimacy can be attached to Elio or Gloria, for example, as they have been used in promotional material and are real names.

They are shown in pictures from the site.

Attachments

• D3752ECA-29FC-4770-9DF1-ADF6C401CF1F.jpeg
    D3752ECA-29FC-4770-9DF1-ADF6C401CF1F.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DD8757BD-718C-45B4-8CFD-F175BF313A09.jpeg
    DD8757BD-718C-45B4-8CFD-F175BF313A09.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 45
  • A96C4BDF-C16F-476B-AC2D-CBA73EFFAC39.jpeg
    A96C4BDF-C16F-476B-AC2D-CBA73EFFAC39.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
The character in LGPE seems to be based off of the character Green, or at least her pre-FRLG design, from the Pokemon Adventures manga, hence the name Green. She isn't the same person as Leaf.
251px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png
(Leaf)
dcsb3ud-17aeab3b-64da-4219-b6fc-162225caa8c6.png
(Green: game)
latest
(Green: pre-FRLG manga)
And in turn, she's based on the cut trainer that appears in the manual of Red/Blue alongside Squirtle.

1579912895587.png

I wonder why they stuck to only boys. But Leaf now redirects to Green on Bulbapedia. If Red and Blue had their newer outfits, why not have Green have her new outfit. Also, I never why every gym leader is in their FRLG attire except for Misty and Brock. Their other attires are from different games.
Judging by how... unstable RGY were I guess that would have brought even more glitches. Also, it's not the first game where the female protagonist was cut considering it happened in Harvest Moon (the SNES original) and Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3.

It was also the time where it was stereotyped that only boys played games, so yeah, that could also be a reason.

But they had Ms. PAC Man. Thanks. It used to redirect but now it doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom