• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. Ash prefers quality over quantity when it comes to catching Pokémon; that’s why most his teams are small so he can focus on training them all together rather than rotating his team each time.
Technically, he only caught one Pokemon this saga so far: Dragonite. Mr. Mime was a retcon.

I hope this is the first episode where Go catches nothing.
Be a nice change of pace

I don’t think koharu will actually catch gengar, because she still wants nothing to do with Pokémon. The reason she doesn’t like Pokémon that much is because of having to deal with Go’s hot blooded antics now that has to deal ash’s as well she feels like she being tortured by everyone’s stupidity.

Er, are you sure you aren't projecting your own feelings about this series onto Koharu? And it's completely possible that she'd change her view on Pokemon by the end of this episode btw.

After watching that preview why do I get the feeling that even though it's a Koharu episode. Her role will be a minor one and instead Ash and Go will be getting the major focus?

The protective/ship-teasy way Go shouts Koharu's name in the preview gives me bad feels... I hope she doesn't end up needing a knight in shining armour :cautious:

How messed up would it be if Koharu's mom died, and Gengar was actually the ghost of her mom? I don't think that's what's going to happen, but it'd be so weird that I'd almost want to see it.

This series would be an automatic 10/10 if they did this and made Gengar a recurring character.

he protective/ship-teasy way Go shouts Koharu's name in the preview gives me bad feels... I hope she doesn't end up needing a knight in shining armour

Not gonna lie, when Koharu was introduced, I immediately feared she'd be relegated to childhood love interest whose only purpose would be to fawn over Gou. Which would honestly suck, because I've seen this done a thousand times before and rarely well.

(Turned out it was even worse than I feared: she was relegated off the cast entirely.)

They saw the success of the Serena X Ash ship appealing to viewers, so this could go either way.

But I don't think they're going to write as Koharu having a crush on Gou (or Gou having a crush on Koharu) when they basically ship-teased Gou having a crush on Ash not too long ago.

Last edited:
Er, are you sure you aren't projecting your own feelings about this series onto Koharu? And it's completely possible that she'd change her view on Pokemon by the end of this episode btw.
Nononono Koharu just seems like the type of person that wants nothing to do with the outside world or Pokémon in general. Even the episode description states it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom