• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN014: First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh... that doesn't even feel interesting. Instead of using the Relic Castle as the location (the very Relic Castle that was never featured due to two unreleased episodes) for the episode, they decide to create a completely new anime exclusive location. The funny part is that there was no reason to not use Relic Castle if they're indeed trying to intentionally avoid continuity. I don't even know what the writers are doing at this point.

Not to mention that it seems to be another GO-ification episode what with Gou's captures being spoiled and the raid battle in the title.
It's almost like they're deliberately trying to avoid game characters and locations. The only game characters who have appeared so far are Giovanni, Lance, and Leon.

It's almost like they're deliberately trying to avoid game characters and locations. The only game characters who have appeared so far are Giovanni, Lance, and Leon.
I've noticed.

There's absolutely no point in the "World Tour" and "all regions" aspect that this series is supposed to showcase if they're not going to (re)visit any game locations and bring in characters either met in the past or from the games. Kinda Pretty much makes the entire series fall flat on its face.

Last edited:
I've noticed.

There's absolutely no point in the "World Tour" and "all regions" aspect that this series is supposed to showcase if they're not going to (re)visit any game locations and bring in characters either met in the past or from the games. Kinda makes the entire series fall flat on its face.
It's pretty much clear at this point that they are only interested in promoting Pokemon Go.

Last I checked, the Wild Area, Ecruteak (specifically Tin Tower), Wyndon Stadium and Desert Resort were in-game locations. Dragonite Island is referenced in the in-game Pokedex, too. I'll admit that Vermilion and Snowpoint are "in name only" so far, but the settings fit at least. The problem with many cities is that there isn't a lot to them other than their gyms.

I would have preferred to see the Relic Castle here, but the episode focuses on Golurk rather than Volcarona and the Desert Resort is big enough to contain more ruins. Anyway, it will be interesting to see Go catch Golurk after a difficult battle for once, but he doesn't really have a counter right now unless Misdreavus is involved and uses some tricks.

Last edited:
I would have preferred to see the Relic Castle here, but the episode focuses on Golurk rather than Volcarona and the Desert Resort is big enough to contain more ruins. Anyway, it will be interesting to see Go catch Golurk after a difficult battle for once, but he doesn't really have a counter right now unless Misdreavus is involved and uses some tricks.
If I remember correctly, Gou also caught three water-types, those would be good against golurk too. I liked his dewgong's personality, personally I hope he uses it...

I hope Go does some series work if it’s a conventional raid (that is, more people are involved who want to capture the Golurk).

I don’t mind the series going to anime specific ruins, as this location could essentially just be Relic Castle but with Golurk instead of Volcarona. Also, it’s pretty great that Unova’s debut episode in this series takes place in an area that was forcibly skipped over in BW.

Relic Castle in the anime could possibly be based on B2/W2 rather then B/W, where most of the castle has been filled with sand. This could then allow for an episode that shows off both Relic Passage and Relic Castle, and would potentially be an Ash focused episode that has him ending up catching a Volcarona.

Last edited:
We already saw Relic Castle. It was repurposed for Operation Tempest arc except all the orange light was changed to blue.

However, that doesn't excuse not showing a different part of the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom