• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Rotom isn't new, but um, did we always know that its base form was a light bulb? Or is that new(ly revealed) information as of Sword & Shield? When you use the Rotom Catalog, it gives you six choices of appliances that you can have Rotom inhabit - the usual five, as well as a light bulb, which reverts it to its base form.

Rotom isn't new, but um, did we always know that its base form was a light bulb? Or is that new(ly revealed) information as of Sword & Shield? When you use the Rotom Catalog, it gives you six choices of appliances that you can have Rotom inhabit - the usual five, as well as a light bulb, which reverts it to its base form.
I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
Well, it has always looked like a lightbulb to me, but I just assumed that was Rotom's natural body shape, not that it was possessing one.

Polteageist reminds me of Alice in wonderland a little maybe more pokemon of that kind to come...

Interesting if they maybe could give us a ghost/steel Galarian Golurk knight? the amounts of Knight based pokemon in this game was low...
hoped for a fairy/fighting pokemon but...

Now I imagine a female goat-woman with bow and arrows...

Last edited:
So, a little theory, though I feel it's a bit obvious, about Urshifu. I feel the big difference between the 2 forms is not just their signature moves, but primarily they're stats. I feel Single Strike will have a higher Attack stat cause then it make things easier to one shot, living up to it's name, and Rapid Strike will have a high Speed stat to outpace it's foe. Though I feel each form will essentially be vice versa of other. Single will have lower speed but higher attack, and rapid will have lower attack but higher speed. As for their shared ability, my money's on it being Parental Bond with a different name

So, a little theory, though I feel it's a bit obvious, about Urshifu. I feel the big difference between the 2 forms is not just their signature moves, but primarily they're stats. I feel Single Strike will have a higher Attack stat cause then it make things easier to one shot, living up to it's name, and Rapid Strike will have a high Speed stat to outpace it's foe. Though I feel each form will essentially be vice versa of other. Single will have lower speed but higher attack, and rapid will have lower attack but higher speed. As for their shared ability, my money's on it being Parental Bond with a different name
Only problem is that doesn't fit Single Strike

regional evolution? would be now possible to do this kind of things.
If you mean regional evolution to Golett it won’t happen since a regional evolution and a regular one can’t be native to the same region according to the concept. We wouldn't have needed Galarian Persian when we have Perrserker.

If you mean regional evolution to Golett it won’t happen since a regional evolution and a regular one can’t be native to the same region according to the concept. We wouldn't have needed Galarian Persian when we have Perrserker.

what about Slowpoke?
what about Cubone and Alolan Marowak? I think they could.
maybe could work like the Shellos forms in the past? based on where they are.

But you couldn't encounter Kanto Marowak in Alola. You can encounter Golett's evolutions in Galar.

they could make it work like Shelos forms actually with the new areas that on Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra it gets a different evolution.
This could allow more pokemon and diversity in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom