• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8 episodes in and nobody even likes it

Hard to enjoy Go when his goal and 'captures' are as boring, actually no it's worse, than watching paint dry
At least paint drying doesn't scream, "NICE!", "GREAT!" or, "EXCELLENT!" at you in the most obnoxious voice ever put to audio every time it gets slightly dryer. Luckily we haven't heard one of those for 3 episodes now, and Gou's catching is getting less awful with his strategy of 'just chuck a normal Pokéball' no longer working so well for him, so things are definitely looking up in that regard.

At least paint drying doesn't scream, "NICE!", "GREAT!" or, "EXCELLENT!" at you in the most obnoxious voice ever put to audio every time it gets slightly dryer.
It'd even drive Laurel and Hardy and the Three Stooges to madness.

So far, my biggest complaint is the lack of Galar Pokemon that have been shown off. Where are Grookey and Sobble? You know, the other two starters? Two of the more marketable Galar Pokemon? Where are they at? Why haven't they appeared yet? I'm impatient, I really want to see those two in the anime. Other than that, I don't have that much of a gripe with Pocket Monsters 2019. I'm just kind of upset that the Galar Pokemon haven't gotten much attention after 11 episodes. I hope these Pokemon get a lot of screen time soon, especially Sobble and Grookey.

They should be given to Koharu, and one of the evolved ones could belong to Leon. I don't see why they wouldn't have been given to Ash by his second visit to Galar if that had been the plan.

I'd like if Koharu actually befriends a lot of Pokémon throughout the course of the series while not capturing one herself. Would be a nice contrast to Go and maintain her not being crazy over Pokémon. The befriended Pokemon would rise to her aid whenever needed (imagine Gengar attacking something like the TRio for instance).

In b4 they are just given to some random COTD'S.

They wouldn't give starter Pokemon to COTD. They're far too marketable for that kind of treatment.

They should be given to Koharu, and one of the evolved ones could belong to Leon. I don't see why they wouldn't have been given to Ash by his second visit to Galar if that had been the plan.

I'm sure that Ash will still get at least one of the remaining starters, if only because he always gets a starter Pokemon. They're handling Ash's team pretty differently this time around and they've been focused on other characters, mainly Gou, when they've gone to Galar. It took them ten episodes just for Ash to capture a new Pokemon, so I think it's too early to write off Ash not getting either Grookey or Sobble.

I have to say, after the last two episodes (and in anticipation of the next two), the series is finally looking up :giggle: More TRio and we'll be onto a winner.
12 and 13 are going to be the crucible for me. 10 was promising and 11 sounds like a really interesting episode from what I've seen and read (I'm one of those people that waits for an official way to watch the show, but I keep up with as much info for each episode as I can so I can try to at least talk about the main events or some of the smaller scenes that inevitably end up in GIFS on social media, since by the time the dub airs there's not much discussion going on), but if we don't get some sort of concrete goal for Ash I kind of doubt I'll end up watching when it finally arrives in the west.

Last edited:
I could see Leon showcasing one of the starters' evolved forms though. Even though he'll already have his Charizard, I could see him using a Cinderace if they don't want Gou's Scorbunny to evolve. But unless Leon becomes a more prominent supporting character in the series, which is possible given his Japanese voice actor seems to be really popular, I don't think that they'd give him one of the remaining starters, especially when they would want to showcase Grookey and Sobble before Rillaboom and Inteleon.

I could see Leon showcasing one of the starters' evolved forms though. Even though he'll already have his Charizard, I could see him using a Cinderace if they don't want Gou's Scorbunny to evolve. But unless Leon becomes a more prominent supporting character in the series, which is possible given his Japanese voice actor seems to be really popular, I don't think that they'd give him one of the remaining starters, especially when they would want to showcase Grookey and Sobble before Rillaboom and Inteleon.
Another possibility is that we get to witness Hop pick his starters that Leon offers him, with Ash watching. By some means, Ash would get the remaining starter.

Just wishful thinking though.

It'll probably be Cinderace, and I honestly hope it is.
Seeing Ash and others with the same fully evolved starter is just so damn tiresome.

Watch as they don't show off any of the fully evolved starters in the next episode.
Last I checked Lizardon is a fully evolved starter ;)

In all seriousness though, why on earth would they? It's a battle between two champs, neither of whom use a fully-evolved Galar starter. Shoehorning them in would cheapen their first appearances and probably detract from Wataru vs Dande.

Last I checked Lizardon is a fully evolved starter ;)

In all seriousness though, why on earth would they? It's a battle between two champs, neither of whom use a fully-evolved Galar starter. Shoehorning them in would cheapen their first appearances and probably detract from Wataru vs Dande.
I meant the Galar starters. >_>

I would have liked if they just stuck to one region and had all the adventures there instead. Of always moving around to the others like every other episode or something.
I would have much rather have had this honestly. Ash, Gou, and Koharu traveling the Galar Region while Ash tries to earn his chance to take on Leon.

It'll probably be Cinderace, and I honestly hope it is.
Seeing Ash and others with the same fully evolved starter is just so damn tiresome.
To be fair, outside of Ash, we went from Advanced until SM without any of the main cast fully evolving their starter (and even then, Serena is the only one in that timeframe whose starter evolved at all). The starters’ evolutions are actually probably some of the most shafted Pokémon in the anime because most of the time they’re just left in their plushie stages because of marketing the plushies.

To be fair, outside of Ash, we went from Advanced until SM without any of the main cast fully evolving their starter (and even then, Serena is the only one in that timeframe whose starter evolved at all). The starters’ evolutions are actually probably some of the most shafted Pokémon in the anime because most of the time they’re just left in their plushie stages because of marketing the plushies.

Lol indeed. And its even worse with the Galar starters, since all of them are plushie stage material.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom