• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

The best part of this anime was Ono Daisuke's voice acting. I wasn't sure at first but Leon sounded amazing. His smooth moves did remind me of Sebastian at times XD

Also, loved the battle animation. I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a one-sided match (really wanted to see Lance get crushed in five minutes) but I guess they gotta give the audience a show.

LOL and Bellsprout was so adorable.

Last edited:
Now THIS is what those first Galar episodes should have been. This was a MUCH better showing of the region than those other two. Thank you for finally giving us the true Wyndon as it should be.

I was disappointed by the lack of Gen 8 Pokemon shown yet again, but seeing Eternatus so early was quite a surprise.

Wyndon looked amazing. I have no idea why this wasn't the initial portrayal it got in episode 6 or whatever it was, but this was so much more accurate. The huge crowds outside the enormous stadium gave it some great justice.

The battle between Leon and Lance was longer than I expected. I actually remember replying to a comment where we were saying we didn't image the battle would be that long. But it was literally the entire episode. And honestly, that was for the best. The unbeatable Champion deserved a powerful debut, and this was great. Seriously, Leon was so in character and I loved him. I'm so glad he did his signature pose at the end of the match, I was worried we wouldn't see it when he didn't start the battle with it. The battle was nice overall, it was great seeing Dynamaxed Pokemon as they should have been, battling each other in a stadium. I do think it felt that Lance had the upper-hand a bit too much, but overall I enjoyed it. The gym battle music especially was great to hear.

The only downsides about this episode were TR being here at all and taking up so much time at the end, and...Lance. Yeah, I'm still bummed Lance was Leon's opponent. I don't care that they wanted a "Champion tournament" or whatever. Just make it a normal Galar tournament and let him battle Raihan, or any other Galar leader for that matter. They could have used Lance literally anywhere else. Can we please let the Galar characters shine when we're in Galar?

Overall, this episode was a vast improvement over the initial Galar episodes. I'd give this an 8/10.

In terms of the episode, it was great it was nice to see a dynamax battle animated. I thought it be boring to watch a dynamax battle, because of how big and slow the Pokémon get, but it was awesome to see Leon’s charizard use max moves to cancel or dodge gyrados’s attacks

WhiteFlashyGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Memes aside, minor flaws that are pretty much overshadowed by a solid episode. And hey, we finally get some sort of confirmation on how the audience is protected in stadium battles... let's not forget the Gym theme and that eerie Eternatus cameo. Also glad to see that TRio will attempt to catch their own Pokemon for this series.

I was really hoping Ash and Lance would meet again but hey, there's always the next episode.
I hope this means they’ll get rid of that gatcha machine soon. I hate it so boring.

I told you HE was here, and he is free so he can destroy everything he wants when he wants

Nice battle, vicious moves , that Wrapping Ice Fang look sick

Something is wrong with Galar... you cannot have a freaking beam that makes Pokémon go ballistic in the middle of the city

Also Team Rocket have a Dark Pokedex, and they also are showing interest in having his own Galar Pokémon

NICE I like it I like where this is going , Pokemon 2019 you have me for now, don't dissapoint
Well I mean the power spot that allows trainers to dynamax their Pokémon is right there. Plus this just show how chairman rose isn’t good at helping the galar region. That’s why he the villain in the game.

What a great episode to finally see Kanto Champion and the undefeated Leon, presumably will be become Galar Champion. Loved to see, Lance having the Dynamax is such a improvement as he might been in Galar obtained, before this showdown. Nevertheless, even though he lost. He still the Kanto Champion.

Overall rating: A-

Perhaps, Giovanni preferring weak pokemon might be easier to kept at the headquarter. While powerhouse might been difficult to bond?
Nah he just forbid Jessie and James from keeping Pokémon since they released mimikyu and mareanie

Its interesting that Team Rocket now have a Pokedex
Well the pokedex this gen is literally a phone with the pokedex as an app. And the Rotom phone seems to be a popular piece of technology that almost all people will eventually have one, like actual smartphones

Well the pokedex this gen is literally a phone with the pokedex as an app. And the Rotom phone seems to be a popular piece of technology that almost all people will eventually have one, like actual smartphones
I like they only do that for trainers they can’t do it for everyone. Plus the reason it’s black it because different phone colors.

Its interesting that Team Rocket now have a Pokedex
I think it's still interesting that the trio finally has a Pokédex device after all this time. And although I haven't seen the subtitles yet, its personality sounds kinda funny.

I hope this means they’ll get rid of that gatcha machine soon. I hate it so boring.

You know what I will do? Jessie and James should got two more Pokémon each.(James has no Pokémon at dispossalBTW) and the one who use the Gatcha shall be non other than Meowth. That will be original and we will have different battles each week.

Well I mean the power spot that allows trainers to dynamax their Pokémon is right there. Plus this just show how chairman rose isn’t good at helping the galar region. That’s why he the villain in the game.

The main difference is that Eternatus is not being used by Rose, he is roaming free causing problems wherever he goes, it would be really scary living in a region where a Skeletal Dragon that can destroy the world is roaming free as a bird. He is planing something, evil. He is the main villain of this series for me.

In the games him being free almost destroyed Galar , I guess he is not as mad as he was when Rose freed him

Nah he just forbid Jessie and James from keeping Pokémon since they released mimikyu and mareanie

I hope we see those two in the Alola episodes.

I watched the subs for this episode, and I’d just like to say that Lance’s role as a member of the G-Men was mentioned, so there’s some continuity for you people crazy about that. More importantly though, the Pokemon World Tournament was mentioned as well, which I believe is the first time it’s been talked about in the show. This could lead to a PWT arc or something down the road, as a way for Ash to improve his battling skills and meet old gym leaders/champions.

Also, when Eternatus flew by the plane, the crew had no idea what just happened, so it appears his existence isn’t widely known in the anime world.

Edit: This is also the first time a Gym Guide has appeared in the anime, which is really cool. If you don’t know who they are, they’re the guys at the beginning of gyms that give out advice and stuff like Potions and Fresh Water.

Last edited:
Watching the subs, its interesting that Ash could feel that Eternatus was there before it appeared and Go didn't
If I recall correctly didn't he also hear Lugia in episode 2 but Gou didn't?
Legendary Pokémon do seem to keep showing up around him so maybe's he developed a sixth sense about that.
...Gou's clever. Sticking with Ash probably is the best chance he has to see Mew again!

If I recall correctly didn't he also hear Lugia in episode 2 but Gou didn't?
Legendary Pokémon do seem to keep showing up around him so maybe's he developed a sixth sense about that.
...Gou's clever. Sticking with Ash probably is the best chance he has to see Mew!

Certainly seems to be a connection with legendaries lol

Have to love that Go planned to catch other Pokemon in Galar only for Ash to take him into the stadium

As if to say

Ash: No Go, its time I start catching some Galar Pokemon, not you

The Red Gyarados is there. Ash recognizes Lance. Lance is mentioned to be in the Pokémon G-Men. I'd call that explicit contuity.

If you hadn’t seen the earlier episodes with Lance, you wouldn’t know that was all established years ago.

Cool to know they called him a Pokemon G-Man though.

Watching the subs, I saw that a lot of Lance and Leon's dialogue was taken directly from their game dialogues. That was so nice to see!

I also really liked them mentioning the PWT in Driftveil! (Not that cheap Junior Cup thing we saw in the BW series, the real deal!) And Lance's connection to the Pokémon G-Men was also mentioned.

So, apparently the tournament had eight participants, with Lance and Leon being the finalists. Hmm... Even if Wallace participated, that leaves us with at least one Champion too short. Interesting...

Also, nice to see that Team Rocket can prioritize direct orders from Giovanni over their practically instinctive urge to try to snatch Pikachu.

Team Rocket's Rotom Phone was hilarious. It lists Drednaw's name, category, and type, then pauses and literally says, "etcetera, etcetera". :LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom