• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing we need is saturation of a generation, there's a reason why Gen 7 did not introduce a lot of Pokemon mid-gen. The only introduced mid-gen 7 Pokemon were Blacephalon, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Zeraora, Meltan, and Melmetal. That's only 7 Pokemon introduced mid-gen because if there were more, Gen 7 would've become saturated and I would hate to see a generation become saturated.

Masuda has made a tweet that could be yet another one of his famous subtle future game hints.

17c32c89832bebb03a9bffcb44878a544ccb753er1-556-428v2_hq.jpg

To me, that sounds like the Psyducks are blocking the way of the wires. I can see this as a hint because of Psyducks who blocked the player from going a certain way.

Doesn't Masuda also really like Psyduck? I'm just asking to make sure I'm remembering this right.

I've been really bothered by how Psyduck still has nothing even though its (somewhat) counterpart Slowpoke has already got a split evolution and a mega so I hope Psyduck gets something.

I've been really bothered by how Psyduck still has nothing even though its (somewhat) counterpart Slowpoke has already got a split evolution and a mega so I hope Psyduck gets something.
Now that I think about it, seeing how it is Masuda's fave, it makes it even weirder it has not gotten anything at all, considering Poliwag, Snorlax and Exeggutor (favorites of other devs), got things later down the line.

Now that I think about it, seeing how it is Masuda's fave, it makes it even weirder it has not gotten anything at all, considering Poliwag, Snorlax and Exeggutor (favorites of other devs), got things later down the line.

Especially since Psyduck is arguably one of the most popular pokemon.

as many casuals and non-Pokemon players have never heard of Sinnoh and its Pokemon.
I'm going to disagree here as Sinnoh seems pretty well-known among casual fans from what I've seen.

It's certainly well-known enough that GameFreak feels comfortable making Cynthia and Looker reoccurring characters. I figure if Sinnoh was truly that obscure, then GameFreak wouldn't have those characters come back as often.

Last edited:
Sinnoh Pokemon in Home

If you look at pictures 33 and 38 in the link above, then you will find some more hints to Sinnoh.

Plus after seeing that recent episode with the Pokemon World Championships in the anime, could that be the new battle thing that will be included with the Expansion Pass for SwSh? And if so, then wouldn't it be a perfect way to hint the Gen 4 Remakes, especially when you focus on the Crown Tundra theme of Expedition? Sounds like the sort of thing Cynthia is known for, for she too is an undefeatable Champion like Leon. We could have her living in that part of Galar, doing her research on the ruins there, and her hinting the player of Sinnoh. It would also save the effort of making her model, especially when she would be used for the PWC along with the other Champions in order to become the World Champion. Galar is based on Strength, so this sort of thing could be likely.

Last edited:
Sinnoh Pokemon in Home

If you look at pictures 33 and 38 in the link above, then you will find some more hints to Sinnoh.

Plus after seeing that recent episode with the Pokemon World Championships in the anime, could that be the new battle thing that will be included with the Expansion Pass for SwSh? And if so, then wouldn't it be a perfect way to hint the Gen 4 Remakes, especially when you focus on the Crown Tundra theme of Expedition? Sounds like the sort of thing Cynthia is known for, for she too is an undefeatable Champion like Leon. We could have her living in that part of Galar, doing her research on the ruins there, and her hinting the player of Sinnoh. It would also save the effort of making her model, especially when she would be used for the PWC along with the other Champions in order to become the World Champion. Galar is based on Strength, so this sort of thing could be likely.

I can see the new Regis and perhaps a new Regigigas as well as Cynthia appearing as a nod to the upcoming game, more so that it's more closer to the end of the year than the other DLC. I just hope that the remake doesn't ends up being a bigger DLC to SwSh about some unknown/undiscovered location in Sinnoh!

PS: architecture-wise, I can see some similarities between the building in the Crown Tundra's artwork and that cathedral in Hearthome. :unsure:

Game Freak has proven that a single region can be based off more than one real world region/country at the same time as the Galar mainland itself is based of both Great Britain and Wales. I find that it is a huge possibility that the Isle of Armor will be based of the Isle of Man as well as the two Channel Islands known as Jersey and Guerney, while the third part of the DLC would be based of Northern Ireland since the Crown Tundra is based of Scotland.

Realistically, there is a limit to how much DLC can be added to a physical copy of the game, which is why I don't see there being a 4th to the DLC part since it will start to reach the memory limit. I can see the third part of the DLC being announced in November and released on Pokemon Day next year to make room for a Sinnoh remake announcement during May.

Game Freak has proven that a single region can be based off more than one real world region/country at the same time as the Galar mainland itself is based of both Great Britain and Wales. I find that it is a huge possibility that the Isle of Armor will be based of the Isle of Man as well as the two Channel Islands known as Jersey and Guerney, while the third part of the DLC would be based of Northern Ireland since the Crown Tundra is based of Scotland.

Realistically, there is a limit to how much DLC can be added to a physical copy of the game, which is why I don't see there being a 4th to the DLC part since it will start to reach the memory limit. I can see the third part of the DLC being announced in November and released on Pokemon Day next year to make room for a Sinnoh remake announcement during May.
To correct you on this... the whole Galar Region is based on the island of Great Britain, which itself is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The main focus of the region in the main game itself is England and Wales, with The Isle of Armor being based on The Isle of Man and The Crown Tundra being based on Scotland. The Channel Islands have already been in a Pokemon game, back in Gen 6. It was the Spirit's Den in Kalos.

To correct you on this... the whole Galar Region is based on the island of Great Britain, which itself is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The main focus of the region in the main game itself is England and Wales, with The Isle of Armor being based on The Isle of Man and The Crown Tundra being based on Scotland. The Channel Islands have already been in a Pokemon game, back in Gen 6. It was the Spirit's Den in Kalos.
While it was based on Guerney, it doesn't have any part of Jersey in it.

Regarding DP remakes... Game Freak will take opportunity to give all Eeveelutions and other Pokémon aesthetic gender differences. Like short-ear Espeon, smooth-ear Leafeon, cylindrical-hat Honchkrow among others.

Knowing GF gonna recycle scrapped elements, I could see Crobat getting scrapped gender differences back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom