• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

Ok so I dropped behind so I'm just catching up but I am loving this sandy slope being the literal second greatest challenge of this entire run.

"Cowgirl Shelly, as opposed to Aqua Admin Shelly."
Are we sure they're not the same person, reformed from a life of crime and retiring to the simple life in the country?

And hmm... Spiritomb's nickname... My brain's telling me to call it something like "Jack" or "Jackson"

I'm disappointed. You did not make the classic "without further Budew" pun.

Revive in the Lost Tower, Jesus Christ that's dark.

"Do any of your Pokemon actually have fur?"
I like to imagine that the Chansey line have this soft fuzz layer to them.

My guess for Spiritomb's absurdly high speed: it probably has great speed IVs. You should get it checked when you reach the Battle Frontier (at least, I think that's where the judge is).

I believe the reason for Fighting beating Dark is that Fighting is the Shonen Type. The powerful shonen hero defeating the Evil Type Pokemon (because Dark is Evil in Japanese).

Wait a second I totally forgot about wiki barries! We should have been Wiki Berry and not Bulbapedia!

I have immense personal disagreements with not learning Night Slash.

I am loving this sandy slope being the literal second greatest challenge of this entire run.
I mean, it was. Not even Roark or Mars took me more than one try, even though the battles were close.
The only greater challenge I’ve faced was when my battery was on the verge of dying in the Wayward Cave.
I'm disappointed. You did not make the classic "without further Budew" pun.
Been there. Done that. Have a Roselia now, anyway.

Revive in the Lost Tower, Jesus Christ that's dark.
It’s actually quite Foggy. Not dark.

"Do any of your Pokemon actually have fur?"
I like to imagine that the Chansey line have this soft fuzz layer to them.
Your imagination is weird.

My guess for Spiritomb's absurdly high speed: it probably has great speed IVs. You should get it checked when you reach the Battle Frontier (at least, I think that's where the judge is).
I actually did check that out, using an IV Calculator and Spiritomb’s stats when I first caught it.
I don’t remember the results, tho. -_-

I believe the reason for Fighting beating Dark is that Fighting is the Shonen Type. The powerful shonen hero defeating the Evil Type Pokemon (because Dark is Evil in Japanese).
Meh.

Wait a second I totally forgot about wiki barries! We should have been Wiki Berry and not Bulbapedia!
Talk to Kogoro and Archaic. I think it’s slightly too late to change our brand though.
Also, iirc, the Wiki Berry came out in Gen IV. I think Bulbapedia/Bulbagarden predates that, so we’re older than Wiki Berries.

I have immense personal disagreements with not learning Night Slash.
Too bad. Faint Attack never missing suits me better at this point in time, and neither Night Slash nor Faint Attack are going to be final moves on Gliscor.

Night Slash has 100% accuracy, though. Almost as good as perfect accuracy. There's really not that many evasion spammers in the game.
Your rival’s opening Staravia is a pretty big Evasion spammer, and y’all saw how great of a counter Gligar was when facing that thing down, with Faint Attack and Hyper Cutter to suppress Intimidate.

Your rival’s opening Staravia is a pretty big Evasion spammer, and y’all saw how great of a counter Gligar was when facing that thing down, with Faint Attack and Hyper Cutter to suppress Intimidate.
I actually mostly just skim over your videos, so I missed that part, but anyway. He won't rely on Double Team forever. It'll be dropped at some point.

I actually mostly just skim over your videos, so I missed that part, but anyway. He won't rely on Double Team forever. It'll be dropped at some point.
Correct. It’s dropped after you battle him in Canalave City.
Like I said, Faint Attack isn’t going to stick around forever, either, but until then, it stays as a means of taking out my rival’s lead, because Aerial Ace on Heracross won’t cut it due to Heracross’s massive weakness to Flying.

Correct. It’s dropped after you battle him in Canalave City.
Like I said, Faint Attack isn’t going to stick around forever, either, but until then, it stays as a means of taking out my rival’s lead, because Aerial Ace on Heracross won’t cut it due to Heracross’s massive weakness to Flying.
Fair enough. But no Night Slash even after that?

Does it involve U-turn?
Aye. And Earthquake, but that was already a given.

Don’t get me wrong, Night Slash is an excellent move, and I love having it on Honchkrow, especially with Super Luck. It’s just not what I had in mind for Gliscor.

Magnificent Entertainer: "WILL YOU STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM ME" - Pokemon Platinum Let's Play
Snowy: "STOP CHASING ME!" - Pokemon Shield Let's Play.

Sorry, I just find that amusing. Going back to watching episode 19 now.
Yeah. I noticed that. It’s rather amusing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom