• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN015: Snow Day, Where is Karakara's Bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you writers!! Please please, let this be the episode that fixes (or at least addresses) a lot of the issues people have with Gou!!

I say this as someone who genuinely likes Gou, I really hope this ends the instantaneous mass capture he’s been doing lately and gets him to both slow down and think about what he’s doing and start doing more to catch. I also feel like ever since the mass capture spree started, a lot of the things I liked about his character (such as his trouble socializing with others) went away but it looks like this episode will focus on that part of his character again and will expand on them. Just please writers, don’t mess it up.

I’m also really, really looking forward to his interactions with Cubone, that holds a lot of potential.

Last edited:
I'm really glad it seems that the anime is keeping up with the family themes from SM. It was so refreshing to actually see the protagonists' families for once, and I think it's great that it's continuing into the new series. Being introduced to Koharu's family told us a lot more about her, so I'm hopeful this will do the same for Gou.
Are you talking about in a recurring manner because if not, we’ve seen the family of every one of Ash’s friends aside from Iris, with numerous of them having recurring appearances throughout the saga.

Agreed with the family thing. If there's one thing the show's been consistently improving on, it's familial relationships. They've become more important and you can see how one's family might influence these characters. Alola was the best example of this.

Funny how family dynamics have been an increasingly recurring theme in this show, and yet Ash and Delia’s relationship is still as awkward and clunky as ever.
I mean, things would be pretty awkward with your mom if you knew she was getting down with the clown every night.

Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you writers!! Please please, let this be the episode that fixes (or at least addresses) a lot of the issues people have with Gou!!

I say this as someone who genuinely likes Gou, I really hope this ends the instantaneous mass capture he’s been doing lately and gets him to both slow down and think about what he’s doing and start doing more to catch. I also feel like ever since the mass capture spree started, a lot of the things I liked about his character (such as his trouble socializing with others) went away but it looks like this episode will focus on that part of his character again and will expand on them. Just please writers, don’t mess it up.

I’m also really, really looking forward to his interactions with Cubone, that holds a lot of potential.

I agree. I've also missed seeing Go's other characteristics aside from catching explored, especially his trouble socializing as I can very much relate to that. I hope this episode can revisit that and maybe even reveal more about why he struggles with socializing.

Are you talking about in a recurring manner because if not, we’ve seen the family of every one of Ash’s friends aside from Iris, with numerous of them having recurring appearances throughout the saga.

I mean more than just siblings or one parent. In SM, Mallow is the only one with one parent, and it's explained why she doesn't have a mother. They never really did anything like that before. Sure, it's nice to see Dawn and Serena's mothers, but there's no explanation about their fathers. Misty and Cilan have their sisters/brothers, but there's literally no explanation about their parents.

I just think it's nice that they're expanding upon the idea of family within the anime. It's playing a bigger role than ever before, and honestly, I think it adds a lot to the protagonists' individual stories.

I mean more than just siblings or one parent. In SM, Mallow is the only one with one parent, and it's explained why she doesn't have a mother. They never really did anything like that before. Sure, it's nice to see Dawn and Serena's mothers, but there's no explanation about their fathers. Misty and Cilan have their sisters/brothers, but there's literally no explanation about their parents.
Brock did it first. First Flint came back home, and then when the OS ended it was Lola's turn.

Funny how family dynamics have been an increasingly recurring theme in this show, and yet Ash and Delia’s relationship is still as awkward and clunky as ever.
If I recall correctly one of Shudo's ideas was that Delia wanted Ash out of the house so she could recapture her youth, having become a mother at a pretty young age.
From that perspective their relationship being awkward makes sense.

I mean, things would be pretty awkward with your mom if you knew she was getting down with the clown every night.
The revelation Mimey is and always has been Ash's Pokémon makes this so much worse.
No wonder he stays away from home whenever he has an excuse. I bet he spent 95% of the time between XY and SuMo camping out with his Pokémon at Oak's ranch.

The revelation Mimey is and always has been Ash's Pokémon makes this so much worse.
No wonder he stays away from home whenever he has an excuse. I bet he spent 95% of the time between XY and SuMo camping out with his Pokémon at Oak's ranch.
Still remains such an asspull that I wonder if they can even sit down to this day. Until we actually get some kind of explanation in regards to that, I’m classing Mimey as a temporarily owned Pokémon more akin to a rental Pokémon rather than an actual Pokémon he owns.

Still remains such an asspull that I wonder if they can even sit down to this day. Until we actually get some kind of explanation in regards to that, I’m classing Mimey as a temporarily owned Pokémon more akin to a rental Pokémon rather than an actual Pokémon he owns.
Japanese people have apparently classified Mr. Mime as Ash's Pokémon for years now. It's just westerners that are having trouble adapting to the idea.

After that terrible Ho-oh episode, it seems like the series is finally starting to hit its stride. I think that this episode will be done well enough, this series has been writing family-oriented episodes well.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like episode 15 could potentially deal with loss, like some of the Sun and Moon episodes did? Of all the Pokemon who Go could befriend in the same episode we get introduced to his family, he befriends a Cubone, a Pokemon who is known for having a deceased mother. Plus, this is the first time we've been introduced to a main character's grandparent, which makes me think that the writers had a particular reason for including her in the episode. Just a thought.

Well since this series have showed some references to dex descriptions let's see what they can show about Cubone:

dex.PNG

Oh dear, oh dear...

Well since this series have showed some references to dex descriptions let's see what they can show about Cubone:

View attachment 130984

Oh dear, oh dear...

Leave it to Gen 7 to make a Pokemon's backstory even darker than it already was... I don't think the anime will go quite that far, though I do see Go bonding with that Cubone if it turns out that something does happen to his grandmother.

They can NOT kill Go’s grandmother in the same episode she’s introduced! (Can they?...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom