• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN015: Snow Day, Where is Karakara's Bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Gou's parent seem to be alive, maybe the plot twist is that Cubone's mother is actually alive?

Wow wow wow Stop there

Why is people trying to kill the grandmother now?

Maybe Go is a rich boy (Like James) who doesnt want to follow his parents livestyle .

I’m guessing you haven’t watched Crazy Rich Asians...
No, but based on the trailer it seems that the granny is the head of the family. I meant "in charge" in terms of raising Go because his parents are too busy. You'd think they would have just hired a butler/nanny if they were rich.

No, but based on the trailer it seems that the granny is the head of the family. I meant "in charge" in terms of raising Go because his parents are too busy. You'd think they would have just hired a butler/nanny if they were rich.
I dunno, my grandparents raised me and my sister while my parents were working, and we were by not poor by any stretch of imagination. My best mate was raised by his grandmother and his parents are both doctors! Grandparents being heavily involved is pretty common in Asian families across the spectrum of wealth.

About time we got some Gou development after SS002 and SS003 set up some interesting storylines for him only to never use them, but that's a complaint for another day. Hopefully Gou will finally bond with another Pokémon other than Scorbunny and actually catch it. I have high hopes for this!

I hope that his granny will die and that changes his predisposition towards life and his goals. Would be very nice to see the anime tackling even more this kind of real life problems.
Moana did it very well with her grandma

Come on I dont like the boy itself, but wishing his granny die it's horrible

But I hope that family is hiding something dark, that will be interesting

Sometimes dying can really build a plot.
It helped with Litten it helped in a bunch of Disney movies, and that's the thing it helps.
Right now, I wish everyone stays alive and well. But for someone to change, you need big things to happen. If he sudden starts feeling stuff for a cubone all of a sudden it would be weird and badly writen. But, if it was for example, how his grandma saw and behaved with the world perhaps he could carry on the message and start being more careful about his captures.
In conclusion, I do not want his grandma to die. However, cannot say that if that happens, and if it's well writen, we have a way to 180° turn Go's behaviour in a logical way.

I see no evidence that the writers want to reinvent Go, no matter what fans would like to think (I've seen a cringeworthy theory about older companions showing Go the error of his ways, lol). At most, he will take battling more seriously and stop relying just on Poke Balls. You don't need to get rid of his grandmother for that.

I think it's pretty obvious that Go's parents are rather dysfunctional and this is what will make him relate to Cubone. The circumstances don't have to be identical.

I wonder if Gou will catch Cubone. But on the same time I also don't like the idea of Gou and Satoshi catching old Pokémon that has already gotten screentime through past companions. Gou already has a Scyther for example and Satoshi has a fully evolved Dragonite just like Iris (why can't they catch a Dratini and evolve it!?). While Kiawe didn't catch a Cubone, the line still got focus during the last season.

This also means even more Gen 1 pandering. Why don't they want to advertise the new Galarian Pokémon and forms? I think they are overestimating the amount of older people and Pokémon Go players watching this anime!

But then again I guess Gou catching Cubone might not necessarily mean anything considering how he doesn't use the Pokémon he catches anyway. Although I guess it would make him a little heartless if they give Cubone an angsty backstory like in the game. There was a lot of angsty stuff in SM so I wonder if the trend will continue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom