• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
i can see a beak on it. Calling it a gryphon kind a thing.

Edit: Claws are definitely looks like bird claws. Monkeys don't have tails like that, a lions tail. Legs don't look lion to me but maybe they altered the gryphon design. And as i said, i can definitely see a beak on its face.
It doesn't look like it has a beak to me. I think that's just a tuft of hair. I also wouldn't discount it being a monkey due to the tail--just look at Simipour or Simisear for example. And the back feet seem somewhat primate-like.

The triangle part in question looks too small compared to the rest of the body to be a beak in my opinion. The angle the tuft is at also looks to odd to be the beak.
1581637796010.png
1581637954199.png
1581637729129.png
1581637708172.png

Edit:
After drawing again, the triangle part could be just the tip of a beak and wouldn't be at as an odd of an angle. I still don't think it's a beak though.
1581638218114.png

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no better counter to a Fire/Flying type than a Steel-type weak to Fire and a Fighting type weak to Flying.

Why are you so focused on Talonflame, anyways? It's not even in the game, it loses 50% health to Stealth Rock, and it's in Underused since its Gen 7 nerf.

the bird is just cool.
Should be used in a future gym taking the nerf. Also the kind of region... Could see it beeing on Island of Armor.
No one had problems with Pidgey... also I like situations where type wise weak pokemon can handle type wise stronger pokemon.
Noticed that Corviknight has a big defense status ment to counter something like Talonflame, just saying...

The new pokemon looks like a monkey?
Maybe forest guardian, grass/ghost?
could be also grass/fairy
special oriented wall and special attacker in one for a grass/ghost legendary would be actually cool?

Hmmm the movie images showed something like Invisibility? Green shine moving near temple?

Hmmm interesting how they introduced two new patches and now a new Mythical.

one week nice and actually really fast.

Hmmm but it sends weird vibes like a dark type.

Am checking nordic , slavic, britains gods and beasts a little more.

Hope next generations use back motives from those, greece, and maybe egyptian and middle east.

Weird that they never used Jackie Chan adventures series as concepts for moves and abilities, some of those demons sourcerers....

Or Chilling adventures of Sabrina with some creatures and characters....

Last edited:
If this new Pkmn has lore and a well built event to meet then I'll be interested. For now, I'm just imagining it'll be a new Meltan, where it's just trown in to promote Home or something like that and that'll be quickly forgotten, like Zerarora. :whistle:

If this new Pkmn has lore and a well built event to meet then I'll be interested. For now, I'm just imagining it'll be a new Meltan, where it's just trown in to promote Home or something like that and that'll be quickly forgotten, like Zerarora. :whistle:
It can't be the new Meltan, as it's as usual tied to a movie. But, yeah, I hope its lore has better integration than most of the other mythicals the last 8 years or so.

My first thought was that it somewhat reminded me of Grimmsnarl, so the monkey vibe is less strong for me. I seen where people are coming from though.

If it's gonna be some kind of troll like creature, that could be interesting. Fairy/Fighting? I dunno, we obviously know too little, but something part fairy and troll-ish wouldn't be out of place in Galar. and I know trolls specifically are more closely associated with Scandinavia, but in a broader sense, a lot of Fae lore comes from Britain.

Weird that they never used Jackie Chan adventures series as concepts for moves and abilities, some of those demons sourcerers....

Or Chilling adventures of Sabrina with some creatures and characters....
Not using copyrighted material from a franchise they don't own is not what I would call "weird". It's just avoiding lawsuits.

Played the game recently and... anyone else surprised by how Rokidee is pure flying type? Like, it's the first non-legendary pure flying type and...
Well, it's only the first thanks to executive meddling or something, since Hoothoot and "Bobo" (beta Noctowl) were pure Flying at first (along with Ho-Oh). I feel that the other common birds were also going to be pure Flying until they were asked to make them Normal for whatever reason.

Well, it's only the first thanks to executive meddling or something, since Hoothoot and "Bobo" (beta Noctowl) were pure Flying at first (along with Ho-Oh). I feel that the other common birds were also going to be pure Flying until they were asked to make them Normal for whatever reason.

I disagree. Pure flying should have been something more elementally charged considering how Tornadus is like an air spirit? Like a flying type Eevee would make sense.

I thought Rokidee would be Normal/Flying if not Steel/Flying.

I disagree. Pure flying should have been something more elementally charged considering how Tornadus is like an air spirit? Like a flying type Eevee would make sense.

I thought Rokidee would be Normal/Flying if not Steel/Flying.
I don't know. Flying has been vinculated more to birds and flying insects more than the element of wind itself, making me feel that the Normal-Type has been tacked on on them from the beginning. At least that's how I see it.

I don't know. Flying has been vinculated more to birds and flying insects more than the element of wind itself, making me feel that the Normal-Type has been tacked on on them from the beginning. At least that's how I see it.
Those birds and insects have had flying as a secondary type (bar Noibat and this generation) with something else as the primary for exactly that reason imo. The only pure flying type was the personification of wind. The concept worked well for me, so I kinda feel Normal/Flying is more suitable for Rookiedee. And I can’t understand giving Flying as a primary type to Cramorant.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom