• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!

But on that note, why did Iron Tail actually turn to Max Steelspike as it should have, while Quick Attack was still the same instead of becoming Max Strike?

Moves are just like techniques to pokemon, they have to figure out how to properly execute them. In other words Pikachu was using Max Strike wrong, thinking it still had Quick Attack

The free Dynamax Band tho, really? I had to earn that thing in the game, but of course Ash just gets one for free with no effort.

Technically you don't "earn" the dynamax band In the game. Wishing stars literally fall from nowhere, you give them to Magnolia, and she gives them to you. They're not like z-rings or mega rings when you earn them, anyone can get one really if they want to battle in the league or were lucky enough to get one.

The battle between Ash and Leon was fine, I just didn't like how Pikachu Gigantamaxed out of nowhere. I know that that's actually something that can happen, I just wish Ash would have decided to use it. I get that he's not gonna call Pikcahu back to his PokeBall to initiate it, but at least don't make it some random power up that happens when Pikachu is in a twist.

To be fair, Ash is new to this dynamax battle thing. He doesn't know how all this stuff works or fully control all this yet. Not like it happened just cause. Ash just triggered it without knowing he did.

So I'm guessing Ash now has the goal to challenge Leon so I'm hoping he's gonna actually do Galar's gym challenge. I really want to see the leaders and for Ash to have an actually goal in this series.

Actually the anime states the rules are kinda similar to Battle Stadium in the games. You earn points and climb up the pokeball ranks in order to compete in the world championships and battle Leon. In other words the gym challenge isn't necessary.

This episode was terrible. Pikachu list to a pokemon weak to electricity. This is like snivy all over again because pikachu has won against pokemon stronger than charizard.

rating: F-
......It's literally the strongest Charizard in the world, and Pikachu has lost to Charizards before

This episode was terrible. Pikachu list to a pokemon weak to electricity. This is like snivy all over again because pikachu has won against pokemon stronger than charizard.

They key diffirence being Snivy was a first stage starter owned by a begginer trainer, and the battle litelary being the first said trainer ever fought.

Charizard is a finall evolutionary stage starter owned by LEON. This guy defeated motherf*cking Lance in the previous episode.

So no, not even remotelly similiar scenarios.

Last edited:
Technically you don't "earn" the dynamax band In the game. Wishing stars literally fall from nowhere, you give them to Magnolia, and she gives them to you. They're not like z-rings or mega rings when you earn them, anyone can get one really if they want to battle in the league or were lucky enough to get one.
To be fair, Magnolia only gives them to you after you've earned your endorsement by Leon.

Considering everyone and their mother in the League seems to have one, it seems likely they're given to those who become Gym Challengers since Chairman Rose is surprised that you already have one during the Opening Ceremony. :unsure:

why u think he will use them

Prove that he has a strong arsenal

Watching the subs, I love the fact that Team Rocket's Rotom Phone has a sense of humor or something, it said that Chewtle evolves into Drednaw and says ''What a shocker!''

This could be fun

Prove that he has a strong arsenal

Watching the subs, I love the fact that Team Rocket's Rotom Phone has a sense of humor or something, it said that Chewtle evolves into Drednaw and says ''What a shocker!''

This could be fun
What u mean arsenal

I was half-paying attention, but basically for Ash to challenge Leon in an official capacity, he needs to qualify for the tournament, and to do that he needs to attain Master Rank. He has start from the bottom and work his way up, although the episode didn't specify how exactly he does this.

What we do know is, Ash's stated goal now is to challenge a Champion in an official capacity. Since Lance appeared in the Master Tournament, we might see some other big-shot trainers involved in this thing. You imagine if Ash is going to get anywhere close to this goal, he's going to have be on par with the Elite Four trainers, something he's yet to accomplish.
Unless the line was dub-only (I haven't watched those episodes subbed), it was stated back in the Battle Frontier series that the Frontier Brains were Elite Four level trainers.

... you really never take any sort of context or logic beyond typing or generic matchups into account, do you?

1-Pikachu, even in his best moments, has lost to pokemon he should be strong against before. One of which happened to be another Charizard;

2-Pikachu was in Gigantamax state, which he had never done before and therefore was in supreme disadvantage against his opponent, who’s used to it;

3-The Charizard in question is the ace of the World Champion, who’s said to be undefeated and therefore strong as all fuck.

So no, absolutely no bullshit there.

Please tell me you’re just trolling on this one because if not, good God. He lost to the ace Pokémon of the world champion who last episode defeated a Pokémon it was weak against and was using a battle style said champion excels at. That’s not remotely the same as losing to a fresh Pokémon. Besides, Ash has beaten plenty of Pokémon his were weak to so why is it a problem with the shoe on the other foot.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom