• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!

Please tell me that means they'll bring back old characters or Ash's other mons. I'll be fine with one or the other. Heck, I'll even be happy if they finally bring in some Galar/ Gen 8 characters outside of Twilight Wings.
It would be great if they brought back some characters they "skipped" too, most notably Elite Four members.

I thought Pikachu gigantamax is new to their region like ash-greninja, pikashunium z , but unfortunately Leon knew about that....
i hope Ash will get new gigantamax in future...

A small bit of trivia I just noticed: with the three new (G-)Max Moves Pikachu used in this episode, Pikachu has now used a total of 19 moves throughout the anime. That's more than the previous record holder, Ash's Charizard, who had used "only" 17 moves, although it also had two moves that were never executed, still giving it a tie with Pikachu in terms of the most known moves.

Hopefully I'm not late to the discussion.
I took some notes while watching the episode:

• I'm glad that they showcased a new Galar Pokémon with Hoshigarisu.
  • Not glad that Gou caught it right away again, but at least it means that we'll see a Galar Pokémon other than Scorbunny in future episodes.
  • I found the Pikachu Gigantamax sequence at the beginning of the episode to be hilarious.
  • After 12 episodes of essentially doing nothing, Ash finally has a goal in this series. Sadly knowing how this series is, Ash's goal will most likely get pushed to the sidelines and will only get brought up when it's convenient for the writers.
  • Unrelated Note: It's annoying how if your name isn't Pikachu or Scorbunny you essentially don't exist for the writers. The battle against Leon could have been the perfect opportunity for Ash to use his newly caught Dragonite. (Although in the next episode it does seem like Ash will finally use it).
Thanks for coming to my TED talk I guess :bulbaWave:

I thought Pikachu gigantamax is new to their region like ash-greninja, pikashunium z , but unfortunately Leon knew about that....
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Ash getting never-before-seen power-ups that are unique to him like Ash-Greninja, Dusk Lycanroc and Pikashunium Z just to make him feel more special than other characters. Especially if the power-up is something that is made just for Ash in the anime and only added to the games later on. I'd much rather if Ash gets power-ups that are already pre-established in the games, kinda like how everyone was begging for him to bring back any one of his reserves that could Mega Evolve during the Kalos series. I'm kinda fine with Gigantamax Pikachu since it's something we already know about and is in the game as an added bonus for having Let's Go Pikachu, but I really hope the writers don't give Ash another super-duper-ultra-special power-up out of nowhere again.
  • Unrelated Note: It's annoying how if your name isn't Pikachu or Scorbunny you essentially don't exist for the writers. The battle against Leon could have been the perfect opportunity for Ash to use his newly caught Dragonite. (Although in the next episode it does seem like Ash will finally use it)
Dragonite can be seen in the next episode's preview, so at least we get to see it again. But yeah, I'm definitely disappointed that Dragonite is being treated just like all of Gou's other captures. If Ash wants to be serious about this World Championship thing, he really should add Dragonite to his permanent party.

Dragonite can be seen in the next episode's preview, so at least we get to see it again. But yeah, I'm definitely disappointed that Dragonite is being treated just like all of Gou's other captures. If Ash wants to be serious about this World Championship thing, he really should add Dragonite to his permanent party.

Well, the finale of the World Champioship is 1v1 (we don't know how other battles will be).

So, it is possible Ash wouldn't need a permanent party.

Ash merely let Dragonite play with Go's Pokemon while in Kanto. We don't know if he took it to Galar, not that it matters since he was just supposed to watch a battle.

Well, the finale of the World Champioship is 1v1 (we don't know how other battles will be).

So, it is possible Ash wouldn't need a permanent party.
I think Lance vs Leon was a 1v1 just because the writers had to squeeze everything into one single episode, which meant that anything more than a 1v1 would've been unfeasible. If Ash's rematch with Leon is going be Gigantamax Pikachu vs Gigantamax Charizard 2: Electric Boogaloo and nothing else, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Let's just say that the tournament will either all be 1vs1 battles (ugh) or the finals will at least be 3vs3. As said, an introductory battle doesn't need to be longer than 10 minutes even if two champions are involved.

I think Lance vs Leon was a 1v1 just because the writers had to squeeze everything into one single episode, which meant that anything more than a 1v1 would've been unfeasible. If Ash's rematch with Leon is going be Gigantamax Pikachu vs Gigantamax Charizard 2: Electric Boogaloo and nothing else, I'll be pretty disappointed.
They could have just had the scene cut in as Lance and Leon were reaching their final Pokémon to achieve the same effect.

It's pretty easy to tell the difference between gigantamax and dynamax on sight if you're familiar with what the original Pokémon looks like. Just because Leon identified it as gigantamax doesn't mean that gigantamax Pikachu is a known form.

It's pretty easy to tell the difference between gigantamax and dynamax on sight if you're familiar with what the original Pokémon looks like. Just because Leon identified it as gigantamax doesn't mean that gigantamax Pikachu is a known form.
He also knew the name of Pikachu's G-Max Move. It's not an unknown form.

They could have just had the scene cut in as Lance and Leon were reaching their final Pokémon to achieve the same effect.
Which would have made it hard to introduce Lance and Leon to clueless viewers. By the time this series approaches the climax, most viewers won't remember how the battle went down exactly. Also, the rules are allowed to change for a new season.

The ranking system being based on online in-game system (monthly) means there's a possibility we will have an Ash's Ranking Battle Episode each month, right?

The ranking system being based on online in-game system (monthly) means there's a possibility we will have an Ash's Ranking Battle Episode each month, right?

I really doubt this will be the case. They will likely adapt the ranking in its own way (as they adapted the Leagues).

We still don't exactly know how Ash will climb the ranks.

I suppose Ash could face and defeat Leon in the semifinals and then lose to the gen 9 champion in the finals at the end of the series.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom