• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More new sync pairs in Pokémon Masters

That doesn't make sense at all.

I am wondering why Rosa is having the Snivy instead. If Brendan has to be Norman’s child, why have there been a mix of gender players. It had the pseudo girls stick to the player’s parents instead of the boys. And I dunno what makes Red conical?

And I dunno what makes Red conical?
I think you mean canonical, because Red is not cone-shaped (sorry). Red is canonical because so far the only PC that the games ever recognize that exists. This is mostly because GSC were a direct sequel to RBGY and there was only one option, so they decided it was a good idea to make him the "final boss". Originally he was going to be the seventh Gym Leader (representing the whole Kanto region) back when GS were going to be for the original Game Boy, but I guess that was not cool enough (and Kanto was a mess there).

After they introduced female protagonists with Crystal I guess they decided it was better to leave ambiguous who the protagonists of previous games were, to the point that if they needed to mention them it was in a gender neutral way (like Cynthia does in Unova) or mention them in a group (like Dexio does in Alola).

So yeah, Red is the only canon one.

As for this?:

I am wondering why Rosa is having the Snivy instead. If Brendan has to be Norman’s child, why have there been a mix of gender players. It had the pseudo girls stick to the player’s parents instead of the boys.

If Nate has one of his Battle Subway Pokémon instead of a starter, it means it's when Rosa is chosen. But then it should be May who has a Treecko instead.

Nevermind, we can be flexible with them. Anyway, who of SwSh could appear and which Pkn Sync Pair would be with who?

Last edited:
If they ever release a Selene & Rowlet sync pair, I really hope they make her kind of like her manga counterpart Moon but (obviously) minus the backstory of her being a pharmacist.

In the "A Day with Selene" she could talk to you about things like how beautiful the night sky is, how she felt like an outsider in Alola after moving from Kanto, etc. And then she could befriend Lillie due to how both of them share a certain degree of insecurity due to things their respective mothers did that were out of their control...or maybe she could be paired with somebody random like Wally.

Still, I think May should be one with Treecko but you can disagree. No one has to pick a specific. Then again, May is main in Anime.

Now about Victor and Gloria in Masters. Who do you think became champion in the Masters universe.

I just never know why it would be Brendan. He is not a suitable child for Norman. I think he is a Son of a Birch (not offensive).

Last edited:
Well, the anime is popular and May is the anime child of Norman (along with Max). P.S.: Son of Birch is a censored version of son of bi*ch.

As for who is friends with Hop, who would it be in Masters? I yearn to find out. But the support can’t tell me on email.

Last edited:
Puzzle league? Now you made me “puzzled”. Get it?

Pokémon Puzzle League is a N64 puzzle game based on the anime. If I'm assuming correctly based on other cases, it's an "Americanized" version of Panel de Pon.

Yeah! Looked it up. What Panel de Pon?

Also, about Vic and Glory? Who will be the Canon protag of Masters? And also to Brendan Birch (if he is called that in the Anime.)?

Last edited:
Yeah! Looked it up. What Panel de Pon?
Panel de Pon is a series of Ninten puzzle games that featured a fairy named Lip. Everytime they brought them to the west, they changed the original characters for characters from another franchise (like Pokémon or Mario), possibly as a way to make those games sell.

Also, about Vic and Glory. Who will be the Canon protag of Masters. And also to Brendan Birch (and if he is that in the Anime).
Judging by what Silktree said, with the exception of Rosa they seem to be using the male protagonists as the canon ones for whatever reason, so I think I would pick Gloria. On the subject of Brendan and Birch: we don't know if they are related in the anime, since Birch never mentioned having a child and Brendan only had a micro cameo in two movies. Then again, the fact that Ash exists prevents them from using the male protagonists at all, since he represents the male protagonist from the games seeing how from Gen IV to Gen VII his outfit has been based on the male PCs.

Judging by what Silktree said, with the exception of Rosa they seem to be using the male protagonists as the canon ones for whatever reason, so I think I would pick Gloria?
Don't know why it is Rosa. She might just know Iris is the champion. It really should be Nate with the Snivy. Also, why Gloria.

On the subject of Brendan and Birch: we don't know if they are related in the anime, since Birch never mentioned having a child and Brendan only had a micro cameo in two movies.

Brendan made a cameo in 3 movies and the last one, he battled Lucas. We don't even know if his dad is an assistant for Rowan either.

Last edited:
Also, why Gloria.
Variety. They don't have to follow the Generations route and make only the boys the protagonists.

Brendan made a cameo in 3 movies and the last one, he battled Lucas. We don't even know if his dad is an assistant for Rowan either.
Still. We don't know if they are related in the anime.

No I’m talking about Lucas now. Also, I think I recall Iris mentioning Galar.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom