• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

The whole which era thing are made in is literally just used to define the time they were made...in the west we tend to use decades for modern history and centuries for older stuff.

The Godzilla films have been long running, which is why they are often defined by which era they were produced. They aren't suddenly different because of which era they were made in, they change because of the Team behind them - in fact most Kaiju film fans tend to say that the first Godzilla film to the second Godzilla films are amongst the most noticeably different because the original was made as an anti nuclear war film while the second was made mainly to cash in on the popularity of the first film and try to create a franchise.

It's completely ridiculous to think that Pokemon Go has made more money in 3 and a half years than the entire main series across 24 years.
Doesn't say everything, though. The money could go everywhere, seeing how it isn't Gamefreak.

Also, I don't think mobile games are sustainable in the long run. They need fuel.

I still remember the "Pokémon Go / Masters / Town has priority over SwSh"-trolling.

It's just @Grass Type Gardenia freaking out that mobile games are going to take over the franchise and GF is going to add gacha elements to the main series when there is no proof of that.
Yes... because it’s all about money now and less effort. Other games are doing it, just like how Thundercats, PPG, and even MLP with Pony Life are with TTG. I’m just saying this based on the fuel that keeps their machine running, and now with mobile games they have an endless supply. It just wish you fanboys would take off those Pokémon goggles and see the franchise as it is.

Yes... because it’s all about money now and less effort. Other games are doing it, just like how Thundercats, PPG, and even MLP with Pony Life are with TTG. I’m just saying this based on the fuel that keeps their machine running, and now with mobile games they have an endless supply. It just wish you fanboys would take off those Pokémon goggles and see the franchise as it is.
The franchise as it is? Well, I see the continued existence and evolution of paired console games, a whole new generation of Pokémon and everything that comes with it. Gamefreak is even trying expansion-passes now, something which has never been done before.

All on, you guessed it, not on the mobile phone.

Pokémon simply cannot be carried on the mobile phone, it's too volatile a market. Go's popularity will wane, while Gamefreak's popularity on consoles is still above the 16 million copies. Which is huge.

Micro-transactions don't win the day.

Honestly? GO already had its ups and downs in popularity, and eventually it will go down enough that it will no longer be supported. This is not something I see happening soon though. Not to mention that Europe is already quite strict on gambling games. Masters wasn't even released in my country for that reason. So these gacha type games might eventually not even be quite profitable enough, or simply too bothersome for release. and GF themselves have never been a mobile game developer, so I don't see them making that switch. If mobile gaming was really where it's at, platforms like STEAM would't function either

And if you're thinking that it wasn't about money two decades ago, you're fooling yourself.

G-Max Eldritch better be fake. That effect is just ridiculous.
My guess? All rumours are fake. They're too clean. Not random enough. Only the Affleck leak seemed to be correct last time; I don't think we'll see another leak anytime soon.

Seeing how Pokémon day will 'start' within a few hours or so, what do you guys expect apart from the mythical Pokémon?

This most recent raid event with Mewtwo may give some credence to a theory I’ve had concerning all the legendaries in the Crown Tundra.

As noted by Serebii, Dynamax Mewtwo can be battled but not caught, only providing a massive amount of rewards. What if the bulk of the legendaries in the Crown Tundra expansion work the same way? I’m trying to find it in the video but I thought I remembered some of the wording being different as all the classic legendaries popped up on the screen. Like it says you “encounter” them, but what if that doesn’t imply the opportunity to catch them? Like what if they’re mirages or something? And we can still enjoy a Landorus-free meta in Gen 8?

I actually would prefer the Crown Tundra expansion this way. If we’re going to limit the dex still, I’d much rather the expansions give us more common mons rather than overload them with potentially game-breaking legendaries.

I'm wondering how much luck you need to beat raid Mewtwo in single player 'cause my L100 Zacian got face wrecked. Even non-effective moves were one-hit KOs on my useless allies. We'd barely dented Mewtwo's first shield before getting forced out.
This most recent raid event with Mewtwo may give some credence to a theory I’ve had concerning all the legendaries in the Crown Tundra.

As noted by Serebii, Dynamax Mewtwo can be battled but not caught, only providing a massive amount of rewards. What if the bulk of the legendaries in the Crown Tundra expansion work the same way? I’m trying to find it in the video but I thought I remembered some of the wording being different as all the classic legendaries popped up on the screen. Like it says you “encounter” them, but what if that doesn’t imply the opportunity to catch them? Like what if they’re mirages or something? And we can still enjoy a Landorus-free meta in Gen 8?

I actually would prefer the Crown Tundra expansion this way. If we’re going to limit the dex still, I’d much rather the expansions give us more common mons rather than overload them with potentially game-breaking legendaries.
Since those Legendary raids are part of a paid DLC that went up for pre-order they should have made it very, very clear immediately you wouldn't be able to catch them or people will rightly call shenanigans.

Not going to happen, chances are that by the end of next year, the national dex will be complete again.

If the time it takes to adjust the models and create animations for the Switch is the reason for the Dex cut, I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to spend an entire year doing exactly that for all of those Legendary Pokémon only to... continue to have them be unusable in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom