• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

254 words (255 if you count the keyboard smash within a textual dialogue), few words might get changed, and I did get the thing done. Would've written more, but distractions and mood shifts. :/
Also did some updating to one of my timeline thingies so I shouldn't have to refer to the other one from the story I finished whenever it was...

I wrote about 433 words somewhere around 6am this morning, and somewhere around 1000 words of drafts for different pieces that I scrapped probably 10 minutes after they were finished. I'm so exhausted and so worried about this piece but I am letting the class go over it. I'm about to get wrecked lol.

Yesterday and today both, I wrote a few hundred words of Different Eyes! Over the course of the last fifty days, I think I've written several thousand words, in fact!

332 words to get through the next couple days, and I ended up deleting the dialogue that I started Monday because I was a bit stuck with it and it wasn't horribly important that it stays in. Yesterday, I ended up not writing anything because there was something I needed to do and it was off-putting, so I did something else instead of trying to write. Assuming that the upcoming scene is the last that contains more than Momoka and Keiji, I should be able to switch to working on Uncoloured instead. Knocks on wood.

Today I edited about 3800 words of original fic for a friend, and cut it by over 600, with the target being 3000. Feeling good. Gonna do a bunch of DE editing/writing later, I hope.

Late start, so 196 words. They're at the (hopefully) last group thingy, so I should be able to switch stories and have a little more motivation to write after doing so.

Having completed the fic around the 10th and done some touchups over the 16-17th, I went back and did a more thorough combover and second draft of C1. Notable reworkings include describing the weather and some clothes in detail rather than the more simple descriptors. Felt the latter was important enough to warrant it, and the former mostly because I took it out from where it was initially described, and a paragraph made it flow better than as an aside in its new location.

Gonna try to do one a day at around these hours. Then it'll be outside look-seeing. Then it'll be final touchups. Then it'll be go-time!

349 words getting into the group thingy. A bit surprised I wrote that much at the library since I remember that I usually don't get that much written whenever I go there, but progress is progress.

239 words today, I think. Nothing yesterday because of some distractions... Unless you want to count the words i wrote in code? Anyway dialogue was kinda hard to pick up from where I left off since I wasn't sure of the direction I was going, but I'm probably in a spot now to start closing out the scene (and finally switch gears).

Finished a League fight in my long lingering League 3 chapter: a long planned Paul fight in which he nearly lost because of grammar.

74 words... Yesterday 0. Not in the mood to explicate.

Been in a funk lately, and so I am here. Not putting pressure on myself, just here to read and review. Any recommendations?

Managed to write the next chapter in Chaos Rising (United Front), as well as having spent some time revising certain parts of other chapters. This is because this chapter introduces the eventual seventh main character: Zuzu the Succuryn. I was originally going with Lulu the human/druid girl, but during my planning stages I realized her situation and growth would be near identical to Rishia from Rising of the Shield Hero with only minor changes, so I felt that was becoming a bit too much of a carbon copy character. So, I went with Zuzu instead, as a result I had to revise certain parts to include brief moments of her to foreshadow her full appearance in this chapter. Since Zuzu is a morally grey character with more self-serving motives, giving her a Blackarachnia vibe, I felt she might be more interesting. She'll be a recurring character for a bit, becoming sort of an unofficial ally in certain situations, such as this chapter, before eventually joining Celtic's party permanently. Also, that means I revised the "sin" aspect of Celtic's party slightly. Since each member of Celtic's party unintentionally (as in I didn't plan that at first, it just sort of happened, but I ran with it anyway) represents one of the seven deadly sins (ie: Celtic = Wrath, Skye = Lust, etc), I swapped Leon's "sin" for Zuzu, giving him Lulu's original "sin" instead, making Leon now "Envy" and Zuzu "Pride", which makes more sense considering their backstories and nature.

Anyway, to summarize the chapter, Celtic, his party, the other four Legendary Heroes, and Zuzu fight against Ebenezer the High Priest from the Church of the Four Stars and his fused Legendary Gear replica (though in Zuzu's case she was forced to, as she couldn't quite make her getaway after relaying her message before being trapped in the fight). For the first time the other Heroes actually listen to Celtic's strategy, creating an actual unified force that managed to overwhelm Ebenezer and his army of clergy near effortlessly. After King Duskbane (who has finally made his long-awaited appearance) negated Ebenezer's field spell, Celtic used Chaos Blood Curse (essentially his version of Blood Sacrifice, albeit his version creates a dragon to devour his foe over a bear trap-like structure) to kill the High Priest, though Robert, Leon's evil half-brother, escapes, leaving him at large. Zuzu's offhand remark also reveals some hidden aspects of demons, which will come into play later. The last line reveals a piece of information that no one saw coming, revealing Celtic's true heritage. What does this mean for the future? The next chapter, "Justice", will be the final chapter of Season 1, which will have a fitting end for it.

245 words today. We were assigned to write a fiction piece with a glitch aesthetic to it the other day and I just could not think of anything. So this morning three hours before it's due I'm like "screw it, cancer".

And now I've realized how much I've resorted to characters reacting over illness when I'm out of ideas.

245 words today. We were assigned to write a fiction piece with a glitch aesthetic to it the other day and I just could not think of anything. So this morning three hours before it's due I'm like "screw it, cancer".
Given you're here you must be at least a little into Pokemon. So how did you not think of MISSINGNO.?

My thing is off to a friend for looking over. It'll be ready soon, hopefully eventually! So in the meantime, a few scenes for something waaaay ahead popped into my head. So I wrote them while it was fresh! Shoutouts to working on part of chapter 19 when you only have bits and pieces of 1 and 2 done, let alone anything else aside from the end of chapter 5 or beginning of chapter 6, dunno where it'll go, because a scene there popped into my head too.

Fixed up the final sentence of the scene (I was trying to write a bit past it to finish the scene, but I ended up deleting half of the sentence before I called yesterday a day), and I'm happy enough with it to move onto Uncoloured so I can move it and Aerosteel along.

Given you're here you must be at least a little into Pokemon. So how did you not think of MISSINGNO.?

As awesome as fanfiction is for developing your writing (and even my professors will argue that), my professor instructed at the beginning of the course to only write original work taking place in the human world so we can focus on developing convincing realities.

Managed to write the Season 1 finale chapter of Chaos Rising (Justice), and boy, is it a doozy. The thing is 37 pages long! That's gotta be my longest chapter to date, or at least is very close to it, I'm not 100% sure anymore (I've written a LOT over the years, so anything is possible). But, considering it is the season finale, I guess it makes sense that it would be very long. Took me almost all day today and part of yesterday to finish, and my hands are cramping a bit as a result.

Anyway, Celtic finally gets his sweet justice against the Light Elf royal family. King Alvin proves why Delgunner Kingdom is top dog by giving the Light Elves just what they deserve. Celtic and his party are also going to get the highest honors from both Delgunner and Shadoria (Shadokor kingdom) for their efforts against Infinator's waves and for defeating the Four Stars Church (makes sense, considering they've been doing all the heavy lifting while the other four Heroes keep screwing up). Does this mean Celtic will have an easier time and not have to practically babysit the other four Heroes? What will Season 2's opening chapter, "Awakening", bring to the table? We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom