• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

You'd think that Bulbapedia would have that data confirmed by now, since Gen 4 was ages ago. I guess the only way to fully know is to actually buy some Poke Balls at that shop during the time TR is there and see. Like I said, the wiki's data is confusing at best, so it could be possible, but given the shop's "unconventional" nature, it's hard to really say. And I no longer have my copy of either version, so I can't check to confirm it myself. If you're at that point in the game, it might just be better to check yourself. The wiki seems to feel it's not possible to obtain Premier Balls, period, at Mahogany Town, due to it not being a "true" Mart, but it is a rather oddball situation. But I'm willing to bet that TR won't give you a Premier Ball when you buy 10 Poke Balls from there.
No one just probably realized to check that. I'm pretty sure that they can be bought from there too, but we need proof to be sure. Maybe I'll replay the remakes at some point and make sure to check it myself.

I've got a history question rather than an gameplay question: When was Manaphy officially revealed?

why was Xernas not a fairy/ground pokemon?
why didn't Geomancy affected ground type moves ,blocked them or protected the user from them or something taking the charging turn?

Do N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer work the same way with Necrozma as the DNA Splicers do with Kyurem? As in, retaining the host Pokémon's level, Nature, IVs, EVs, Poké Ball, and held item, and working so that only one fusion Pokémon can exist at a time?

Do N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer work the same way with Necrozma as the DNA Splicers do with Kyurem? As in, retaining the host Pokémon's level, Nature, IVs, EVs, Poké Ball, and held item, and working so that only one fusion Pokémon can exist at a time?

Yes, it works exactly like it does with Kyurem, with Necrozma's information being used for the fusion. However, unlike with Kyurem, you can have one Dusk Mane Necrozma and one Dawn Wings Necrozma at the same time (assuming you have two Necrozma, one Solgaleo, and one Lunala), since the fusions rely on separate key items.

who.png

Who the heck is this? Spriter's Resource has a sheet for her in the DP section, but I don't remember her anywhere, and I can't find her on the Bulba archives, either. Is this just a generic NPC sprite, or am I forgetting someone?

View attachment 131045
Who the heck is this? Spriter's Resource has a sheet for her in the DP section, but I don't remember her anywhere, and I can't find her on the Bulba archives, either. Is this just a generic NPC sprite, or am I forgetting someone?
Generic NPC. I remember seeing her at Hearthome.

Is Internet service shutting down for gens 6 and 7? I know the global link thing is shutting down this month, but I thought that was separate from things like the GTS or WonderTrade.

Is Internet service shutting down for gens 6 and 7? I know the global link thing is shutting down this month, but I thought that was separate from things like the GTS or WonderTrade.
Online features that don't use Pokemon Game Link, like battles and trades, will continue to function.

Thank you so much. Just for clarification, the GTS and WonderTrade will continue to function, correct?
Players will still be able to individually trade and battle other trainers. Global trading will still be around, too, but you won't be able to track your stats or trading history anymore.

what are the 10 weakest type combinations in all 8 generations?(used alredy or unused ones)
and how is it determined?
with 4x weakness, 2x weakness or low amount of resistences?
Bc the google data is fishy.

I remember discussing on Smogon that the reason GF stopped doing cross evolutions is because people apparently ‘hated ‘ the new cross Gen evolutions in Diamond and Pearl. Does anyone know anything more on this?

what are the 10 weakest type combinations in all 8 generations?(used alredy or unused ones)
and how is it determined?
with 4x weakness, 2x weakness or low amount of resistences?
Bc the google data is fishy.

Going with the "Simple Answers" theme, the weakest combos are those which combine very weak defensive typings (Like Grass, Ice, and Rock) together. This maximizes number of weaknesses and potential for 4x weaknesses. Ice / Rock has 4 resistances, 4 types which are super effective (2x) against it, and 2 types that are super effective (4x) against it. It's probably the weakest type. Grass / Ice, Grass / Rock are probably the next weakest, and then you go from there.

Grass / Ice, Grass / Rock are probably the next weakest, and then you go from there.

Not quite. While, yes, Grass/Ice does have 7 weaknesses (which is shared with Grass/Psychic), Grass/Rock only has 4 (Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Ice), and none of them are 4x weakness. It's actually acknowledge in Lileep's trivia (at least last I checked) as it's the only line that has the Grass and Rock combo, considering both types have the most weaknesses normally. So, really, Grass/Psychic would be weaker than Grass/Rock in terms of total possible weaknesses. Even Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also have more weaknesses than Grass/Rock. So, while Grass and Rock have the most weaknesses on their own, together they actually have less weaknesses with none being 4x.

Not quite. While, yes, Grass/Ice does have 7 weaknesses (which is shared with Grass/Psychic), Grass/Rock only has 4 (Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Ice), and none of them are 4x weakness. It's actually acknowledge in Lileep's trivia (at least last I checked) as it's the only line that has the Grass and Rock combo, considering both types have the most weaknesses normally. So, really, Grass/Psychic would be weaker than Grass/Rock in terms of total possible weaknesses. Even Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also have more weaknesses than Grass/Rock. So, while Grass and Rock have the most weaknesses on their own, together they actually have less weaknesses with none being 4x.

Certainly this is true, and definitely worth pointing out. My apologies. Grass / Rock, with 4 weaknesses and 2 resistances, is actually better off than just straight Ice type. Maxing out at 7 weaknesses you have Grass / Ice, Grass / Dark, Grass / Psychic, Rock / Dark. Rock / Fighting, and Rock / Psychic. Ice / Rock has 6 but with dual 4x weaknesses and again is probably the weakest in terms of actual defenses, Ice / Psychic has 6, Ice / Dark has 6 with a 4x, Ice / Fighting has 6, and so forth.

The general principle holds true, just combine the weakest defensive types (Grass, Ice, Rock) with other weak defensive typings and you'll have a great starting point. Fighting is pretty poor defensively, but the 3 worst types for fighting defensively are Fighting / Rock, Fighting / Grass, and Fighting / Ice, so using that as an example, the pattern holds true. I'm quite confident that, assuming you count a 4x weakness as being equivalent in severity to having an extra 2x weakness, and assuming you think it's worse to have more weaknesses and more resistances or even immunities (assuming equal numbers, in my eyes each weakness needs at least 2 resistances or immunities to make up for it) then I can say with reasonable certainty that for any given typing, the worst defensive dual typing it is going to have will be with one of those 3 (grass, rock, or ice).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom