• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More new sync pairs in Pokémon Masters

Because why choose the same option always? Why can't the girls be the protagonists?

Well, why can't it be May with the Treecko? Please don't say it has to do with blank names and canon protagonists. Just what makes Brendan child instead of Brendan.

Last edited:
I just don’t like what you have to offer of Anime not being canonical.

@prog rocker, nobody is trying to prevent you from sharing your opinions. I just don’t like stuff like this:
Again, the anime doesn't count for anything in Masters, which is something I have said over and over again.

I just don’t like what you have to offer of Anime not being canonical.
Why? No continuity is canonical to any other. Just like anime is not canon to the games, the games are not canon to the anime either. Examples:

1. Lenora, Brycen, the Striaton trio, Cheren, Roxie and Marlon are leaders at the same time in the anime, while in the games the B2W2 leaders are only leaders after the BW ones retire, with Cheren even rewarding people with Lenora's past badge. Cheren and Bianca also use their designs from different games.
  2. Gary decided to be a researcher instead of a Leader like Blue (although that was the original plan for the character).
  3. Erika is nice in the games, and Clair is an idiot, while the opposite is true in the anime.
  4. Trial Captains don't exist in the anime AFAIK, and if they exist, they are anime-original.
  5. Lysandre never tried to do anything with Zygarde in the games, and he's also dead/buried alive in the games.
  6. Team Rocket are not yakuza-like in the anime, also, they are still in the anime.
  7. Brock never left his position as Leader in the games, and never got a Steelix unlike his anime counterpart.
  8. There is no evidence of Birch having a kid or Rowan having a young assistant in the anime (no, I don't count seconds long cameos as evidence).
  9. Various Gym Leaders and game characters using different Pokémon than their game counterparts (e.g.: Blue).
  10. Blaine used his beta design, instead of his actual design (just without the military elements).
  11. Catching a legendary is a bad thing in the anime, while you are encouraged to do that exact same thing in the game.
I'm missing a lot more things, but if that's not evidence of what I said, then I don't know what else to say.

Why? No continuity is canonical to any other. Just like anime is not canon to the games, the games are not canon to the anime either. Examples:

1. Lenora, Brycen, the Striaton trio, Cheren, Roxie and Marlon are leaders at the same time in the anime, while in the games the B2W2 leaders are only leaders after the BW ones retire, with Cheren even rewarding people with Lenora's past badge. Cheren and Bianca also use their designs from different games.
  2. Gary decided to be a researcher instead of a Leader like Blue (although that was the original plan for the character).
  3. Erika is nice in the games, and Clair is an idiot, while the opposite is true in the anime.
  4. Trial Captains don't exist in the anime AFAIK, and if they exist, they are anime-original.
  5. Lysandre never tried to do anything with Zygarde in the games, and he's also dead/buried alive in the games.
  6. Team Rocket are not yakuza-like in the anime, also, they are still in the anime.
  7. Brock never left his position as Leader in the games, and never got a Steelix unlike his anime counterpart.
  8. There is no evidence of Birch having a kid or Rowan having a young assistant in the anime (no, I don't count seconds long cameos as evidence).
  9. Various Gym Leaders and game characters using different Pokémon than their game counterparts (e.g.: Blue).
  10. Blaine used his beta design, instead of his actual design (just without the military elements).
  11. Catching a legendary is a bad thing in the anime, while you are encouraged to do that exact same thing in the game.
I'm missing a lot more things, but if that's not evidence of what I said, then I don't know what else to say.

First what makes Erika an Anime idiot, what’s an AFAIK, and what does yakuza mean.

Here are some more:
  1. The Pokédex is only capable of data when the player adds it in the games while in the Anime it shows any data even though nobody can catch them.
  2. Lusamine is nice to her children in the Anime and care about them.
  3. Mohn has forgotten who he was in the games and is revealed to be dead in the Anime.
  4. Alder is still champion.
  5. No one probably receives diplomas for owning (seeing for Sinnoh for an unknown reason) the Pokédex.
  6. A lot of wild Pokémon in Anime can return to a trainer and can’t be found in stuff like patches of grass.
Hope anyone else can name me and @prog rocker a few more. Maybe go to the difference page.

Last edited:
Okay! I think we are going on tangents. Back to the Sync Pairs.

Galarian Sync Pairs:
  1. Victor and Sobble
  2. Gloria and Grookey
  3. Hop and Scorbunny
  4. Bede and Hattrem
  5. Marnie and Morpeko
  6. Sonia and Boltund

Can anyone think of any else? Maybe you, @prog rocker.

Last edited:
7. Swordward and Zacian

8. Sheildbert and Zazameta

9. Melony and Galarian Daramuka

3) Japanese mafia.

Mafia? Also, hoping we are going to get more info hopefully in the middle of the year. How about Chairman Rose and Oleana.

Last edited:
Elio could get a Rowlet. Selene, a Litten. Chase and Elaine are unknown.

I could guess Nidoran.

Well anyway, the Masters continuity is canon to the core series. And Dawn may not be voiced by Emily Bauer. Serena might wear sunglasses over her hat instead of a bow if she appears. If Hau is in synga, he will choose a final evolution Gen VII starter I assume and whoever has the disadvantage starter is canon.

What about Rose and Oleana?

Last edited:
Okay, so hear me out.

What if, the starter advantage-disadvantage thing is only something for mainline games. Like, the fact that it just happens to be right for Kanto (Which they truly fucked up btw. Red should have had Venusaur.) but meanwhile, we have Kris running around with a Feraligatr why she's a dual protag. Meanwhile, Lyra doesn't even get a starter usually in HGSS as far as I know. (And I think she battled Red? Not sure of this since I don't have her myself.)

Lyra just says that the player character looks like Red (everyone on Pasio knows what he looks like). She does mention Marill and apparently also her grandparents, so she isn't the protagonist. I don't agree with their decision to give her Chikorita or any starter over Silver, but whatever.

FRLG Red tends to be associated with Charizard, be it in Origins or merchandise (not Generations, though). The original Red, who resurfaced in LGPE (aesthetically at least), is a different story. I prefer the original games (which are not represented except for Kris), but I do appreciate how the Kanto trio's Sygna attires and starters are aligned with their English names (whether or not DeNA had the names in mind is questionable).

Last edited:
So, I dunno if there can be the same species each for a different. Hopefully.

I don’t why they had to choose Dawn. Then again, they did have Lyra in the Anime but also then again, they had her as a secondary protagonist? Well anyway, if Dawn is coming, Serena and May should too.

Last edited:
Okay! I think we are going on tangents. Back to the Sync Pairs.

Galarian Sync Pairs:
  1. Victor and Sobble
  2. Gloria and Grookey
  3. Hop and Scorbunny
  4. Bede and Hattrem
  5. Marnie and Morpeko
  6. Sonia and Boltund

Can anyone think of any else? Maybe you, @prog rocker.
I say change Victor to having Grookey and Gloria to having Scorbunny, and Hop with Dubwool.

So, I dunno if there can be the same species each for a different. Hopefully.

I don’t why they had to choose Dawn. Then again, they did have Lyra in the Anime but also then again, they had her as a secondary protagonist? Well anyway, if Dawn is coming, Serena and May should too.
I think this particular Dawn is Rowan's assistant. Like in DP, Rowan's assistant would the opposite gender character and have the starter weak to yours. Since Barry has Empoleon and Dawn has Turtwig. That would leave Lucas with Chimchar, who's weak to Barry and strong to Dawn, meaning This Dawn is assistant Dawn. Phew.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom