• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ash gets Gengar then I'm convinced the writing staff or The Pokemon Company must be kicking themselves over the fact that they got rid of the Haunter from season 1. They let go off an extremely popular Pokemon that has always been big for merchandise. I definitely had a Gengar straw and a Gengar lunchbox as a kid
Imagine if the punchline was that this Gengar is that same Haunter and that's why it starts pranking Ash in particular.

One possibly that people seem to be ignoring is that this isn’t Gengar’s capture episode. After all, remember how long Krokorok was recurring for before being caught.
To be honest, though, there was a gigantic gap between its appearances at one point, likely caused by the post-earthquake rewrite, hinting that it was originally meant to be caught sooner.

ESIG0JyWsAIHVRv

Seems to be a situation similar to Acerola and Greedy Rapooh where the Gengar wants Ash to be its friend.

“Wait a minute, hold your seahorses!”

View: https://twitter.com/jambo971/status/1234567546059284480?s=21

If anyone catches Gengar I hope it's Koharu. I might be reading too much into the opening animation but IMO the scene where she's walking behind Ash and Go with some distance between them hints at her traveling with them at some point, just not right off the bat. Catching the first Pokemon she ever battled against would be a good way to kick that off.

Gengar should go to Koharu. It would have a much more interesting dynamic with her then it would with Ash IMO. Ash getting a Pokemon that eventually turns into a lovable clown just isn't all that original or interesting to me.

If anyone catches Gengar I hope it's Koharu. I might be reading too much into the opening animation but IMO the scene where she's walking behind Ash and Go with some distance between them hints at her traveling with them at some point, just not right off the bat. Catching the first Pokemon she ever battled against would be a good way to kick that off.
Gengar should go to Koharu. It would have a much more interesting dynamic with her then it would with Ash IMO. Ash getting a Pokemon that eventually turns into a lovable clown just isn't all that original or interesting to me.
Except for the fact that so far Koharu has had nothing to do with Gengar, she's not even appearing in this episode much less having a set goal or aim. Her only contact with Gengar had more to do with wanting to emphasize and strengthen her relation to Yamper.

Don't get me wrong, I already stated in my SS011 review that Koharu should have been the one to catch Gengar but that was before SS016's summary came out, and it this point I won't argue with facts.

I’m ready to be proven wrong, but I truly don’t think Gengar is gonna get captured in this episode. The promotional material for the last Gengar episode also slapped us right and left about Satoshi and Go wanting to get it.

I'm curious to see what role Team Rocket will play this episode, doesn't look like a big one as they aren't shown in any previews or mentioned in summaries.

The only evidence of their appearance is the VA list

YNbyQCH.jpg

It might be captured here

Based on Scorbunny's pose in the right picture/poster, it might be fake, since it seems fan made, especially if you look at both pictures characters quality. In the left picture, both Pikachu and Scorbunny seem more streamlined in their artstyle. There is a visible artstyle difference, the right picture seems rougher around the edges. So its leaning towards fake for me at the moment.

Based on Scorbunny's pose in the right picture/poster, it might be fake, since it seems fan made, especially if you look at both pictures characters quality. In the left picture, both Pikachu and Scorbunny seem more streamlined in their artstyle. There is a visible artstyle difference, the right picture seems rougher around the edges. So its leaning towards fake for me at the moment.
I dont think two different art styles is enough to dismiss this as fake. Plus decohara seal holders is an actual thing in Poke merchandise

Nah, this is real.

It's been explicitly stated that Koharu is not a main character.

I've been wondering if Gengar might actually be a Shadow Pokemon since Shadow Pokemon play a big role in Pokemon GO. That would explain why it always looks so angry and why it keeps attacking people for no obvious reason. Plus, we saw it surrounded in a purple aura at one point in the preview, and in Pokemon Colosseum and XD, a Shadow Pokemon's purple aura is only visible under certain circumstances. Maybe this is hinting at a potential Team GO Rocket arc? Just a thought.

I've been wondering if Gengar might actually be a Shadow Pokemon since Shadow Pokemon play a big role in Pokemon GO. That would explain why it always looks so angry and why it keeps attacking people for no obvious reason. Plus, we saw it surrounded in a purple aura at one point in the preview, and in Pokemon Colosseum and XD, a Shadow Pokemon's purple aura is only visible under certain circumstances. Maybe this is hinting at a potential Team GO Rocket arc? Just a thought.
That's an interesting concept. Team Rocket could easily be the ones to provide the major villainous conflict of this series.

I'm curious to see what role Team Rocket will play this episode, doesn't look like a big one as they aren't shown in any previews or mentioned in summaries.

The only evidence of their appearance is the VA list
Same as for all their appearances this series bar the first one :confused_emoji:
On the plus side though, their appearances have nonetheless been highlights so I will rule nothing out at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom