• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

Oh, I know it was a joke, so there's no need for that. I just like to give deadpan responses to jokes, since most of my jokes get the same responses in kind. Especially my pungeon master ones.
Sorry. I'm used to people not understanding I'm joking, at which point I have to explain that it was a joke and then get yelled at about how it's hard to tell if someone's joking on the internet which is true but there's no need to be mean about it.

Sorry. I'm used to people not understanding I'm joking, at which point I have to explain that it was a joke and then get yelled at about how it's hard to tell if someone's joking on the internet which is true but there's no need to be mean about it.

Then sorry on my end, too. I don't mean to sound mean, either, especially since jokes posted online get lost in translation quite frequently and easily. I know that feeling all too well, as even those who know me well enough miss my punchlines left and right, especially my sarcasm/deadpan moments (heck, even my family members need to be told the whole "it's a joke/sarcasm" bit quite regularly... especially my aunt who is ridiculously sarcasm blind). So, let's just leave it with a two-way sorry and move on from there, 'kay?

This has probably been said and I'm too lazy to check, but I'm at least hoping that they give us some new AI trainers for Max Raid Battles in these updates. Ones that are... how should I put this... COMPETENT. Sure, there are a handful of AI trainers that do well (the Lass with the Weavile, for example), but most of the others are frustratingly terrible, making 4-5 Star Max Raids nearly impossible (especially against hard-hitting Mons like G-Max Toxricity or Mewtwo, who will slaughter you without human allies... and even then they can still tear you apart pretty easily). So, if we're getting more Mons in the DLC, I hope they give us new Max Raid partners that aren't insanely dumb (I'm lookin' at you, Mr. Wobbuffet trainer! That goes for you too, Solrock guy!). At the very least they better beef up the current AIs smarts and stats to make them not just cannon fodder to stronger Mons.
They want you to buy the online subscription I guess...

I'm excited for the potential of new Galarian Forms.

Hopefully Carnivine/Glameow/Finneon lines got one because Gen 4 has no representation currently. (And more from gen 2-3 also won't hurt)

I really think they would be missing out if they didn't do at least one or two Gen 4 regional variants. Since it seems pretty likely this gen will feature the Sinnoh remakes, it would be really cool to have a game where they have a brand new look, and then a game where you can get the original form. Think Gen 7 with the Let's Go Gen 1 remakes. Idk I just think it would be really cool if they did this.

New regional variants, new clothing options, old mons. Also, is the person who directs the expansion package not relatively young and new? I wonder how that might influence the content.

I'm mainly hoping the DLC will beef up the maingame some too and make it worthwhile to keep playing after you beat the game. Cause SwSh is starting to feel like the weakest triple-A game on the Switch. Just my opinion, but its strengths just don't make up for its weaknesses

maybe a ghost or poison type with the Sturdy ability? or both?
taking the nature and speed of dark , ghost and ground lately...

new cramorant forms? posibble when maybe catching a cramorant somewhere else? or additinal forms activated in diffrent conditions?

Last edited:
Almost everything. All the new additions are very cool and above my expectations; and the fact that they add on the current game is great. What I might not agree with is the price (at least in my country), sounds a bit excessive for an expansion, but at least they won't force us to buy a new game (akin to USUM) just for the new features and Pokemon.

Maybe they should have one purchased expansion work for both Sword and Shield (if you happen to own a copy of both), but that's wishful thinking on my part. I probably will have to purchase one expansion in favor of the other, probably Shield over Sword ,as I lent indefinitely my copy of Sword to a very good friend (I will probably let him keep it).

With the world at a standstill right now, as long as it releases as scheduled, i'll be happy.

Someone thinks about the wushu pokemon pokedex description? Evil spirits? Will there be a new dark/ghost pokemon?

maybe we will get a new move and new ability, similar to Skill Swap but instead to swap from target /oponent we could get a allies pokemon ability that's last in our party? secret skill or Skill Borrow???
weird that this wasnt a thing... maybe reveiver and power of alchemy could get buffed in additional or work better?

taking its the second more european based region after Kalos Im dissapointed with the relations to alchemists, shamans, woodo priests, necromancers and druids... hoped more pokemon getting those themes in game design, move and ability wise...

I'm excited about the whole thing, and I really enjoyed SwSh for what it is right now. I was kinda hoping that the Crown Tundra part would come first though, the exploration part has always been my favorite thing in the games since Crystal. ;_;

There's one thing that I'm really curious about, and I don't know if it's been brought up before... but the fact that we can get Ghetsis' eyepatch and Lysandre's shades in the customization in Crown Tundra has me suspicious. One could say that it's just a coincidence, but any of the newer fans who've just started with Let's Go and SWSH won't understand the reference.

There's one thing that I'm really curious about, and I don't know if it's been brought up before... but the fact that we can get Ghetsis' eyepatch and Lysandre's shades in the customization in Crown Tundra has me suspicious. One could say that it's just a coincidence, but any of the newer fans who've just started with Let's Go and SWSH won't understand the reference.

It's just a cosmetic item. People who don't get what it's from will be fine.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom