• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Style Thread (New Style: Christmas 2020)

i had the pumpkin theme on for so long that i put on bulbagarden default alternate (the one i used to use before) and my eyes almost burned off. i've gotten so used to it. my nitpick is just that there is no gourgeist or pumpkaboo.

there are lots of halloween-y pokémon you could add to a style. this one is based on an old (seemingly unfished) style with the same name that i found back in 2017 when we started making styles for the forums again and that is also why i went with a bulbasaur theme.

New Styles: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red & Blue
file.jpg

Welcome!
This is the portal that leads to a new Pokémon style!
But before I can let you through,
I have an announcement to make.

Are you ready?
OK...

Let's the announcement start!
Hello, everyone! As many of you may have noticed already, we now have not one, but two styles to celebrate the release of "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX" for the Nintendo Switch!

The first style is Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Style, the default style. The whole style takes full inspiration from the colors of the text boxes and texts of the original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games: from the blue background, to the frame around avatars, to the shadows under the texts!

tumblr_inline_nqo1xsWyjn1s5a3cr_500.png

The second style, instead, it's named Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Red Style (even if it isn't technically red). That style, instead, draws inspiration from the "red" color setting, which uses the more brownish background.

Here are the previews of both styles for you to choose:

Blue Style

FX3GmNd.png

Red Style

Br1QLPj.png

You can choose the Blue Style by clicking here, or the Red Style by clicking here. Also, you can switch freely from a style to another by clicking on the button with the circle that is found between the notification button (the bell) and the search button. On mobile, you can find the button by using Landscape Mode.

Both styles have been created by yours truly, @Cresselia92.

Hope you enjoy them, and good luck with your rescues! :)

Okay,there's a problem with the Blue Rescue Team theme: The avatars in the PMs look enormous for some reason.

EDIT: This doesn't happen with normal forum posts.

Okay,there's a problem with the Blue Rescue Team theme: The avatars in the PMs look enormous for some reason.

EDIT: This doesn't happen with normal forum posts.

Update: PM avatars have been fixed. They don’t have their Dynamax effect anymore.

If you or anyone else notices something else that needs to be fixed, don’t hesitate to reach out for us! :D

I remember there being talk about a summer style? is there still plans for that? I think it'd be nice, especially now that the last month of spring is coming up.

Yes. The plan would be to release it this summer solstice, June 20. So yeah, look forward to it. :3

Hopefully, this is the right place for this. I apologize in advance if this post doesn't belong here.
------

For the PMD styles, I've noticed that the blue/orange portrait border cuts off some avatars like so:
I've tried shrinking the pixel size of cropped avatars, however, they are still cut off. I know it's just minor cropping, but I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the cropping as it sorta ruins some avatars. Thanks so much.

Hopefully, this is the right place for this. I apologize in advance if this post doesn't belong here.
------

For the PMD styles, I've noticed that the blue/orange portrait border cuts off some avatars like so:
I've tried shrinking the pixel size of cropped avatars, however, they are still cut off. I know it's just minor cropping, but I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the cropping as it sorta ruins some avatars. Thanks so much.
On most of our skins we allow non-square avatars. However to honor the PMD Style of character portraits, on those two skins we have decided to force square avatars.
Hope that makes sense :)

On most of our skins we allow non-square avatars. However to honor the PMD Style of character portraits, on those two skins we have decided to force square avatars.
Hope that makes sense :)
Maybe it needs to actually fit in the square bounding and not be cut off at the edges.

Back
Top Bottom