• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New in Pokemon forums, veteran in Pokemon games

charlycicero

Reaction score
Hey everybody. It's been a while since I posted anything in any online forum, and first time ever in a Pokemon-centric forum. Something about me: I'm a huge Pokemon fan and have played the games since the original GameBoy Blue and Red, so I'm kind of a veteran in the franchise. I've played pretty much all main games and all generations, the big exception being the fourth (Sinnoh), so I am really hoping for the Diamond and Pearl remakes on the Switch. They are gonna be awesome if they become a reality! After the original Sapphire and Ruby I kind of took a long break from Pokemon generally until Generation 6 with X and Y, and those games rekindled my passion. I've played Pokemon games non-stop since then.

I like mostly the main games, but I really enjoyed the XD Gale of Darkness spin-off on Game Cube, and the Pokemon Stadiums on N64. My favorite generation / region is Kalos, followed closely by Hoenn and Unova. Galar is a close fourth.

I don't have many friends who play Pokemon so I have little chances of expressing my love for it, so I decided to start here. I'd like to take the opportunity to share some of my favorite teams on the forums from time to time, since I recorded quite a few. One I'm about to finish a playthrough with is my "Halloween Team 1" in Ultra Sun:

- Houndoom, named Barghest (after the Celtic mythical dog)
- Noivern, named Torann
- Gengar, named Dioghaltas
- Palossand, named Ithedair
- Araquanid, named Mordamhan
- Metagross, named Uafasach
- I added a Honchkrow named Eucorach but it's not really part of the team per se, because of the repeating typings and because I used one already in SoulSilver, but it is a honorary member...

1584577324407.png

When I play with a new team, regardless of the game itself, I usually try to do a few things: I try to play with Pokemon I have never played with before o haven't played with for a while, try to have a balanced team in terms of types, and to have some theme for kickers (along with the names in different languages or themes too). If possible, I try to use Pokemon that match the region. And I try to have both genders equally. On top of that, if the complete team is colourful (not monochromatic so to speak), it is way better.

Last edited:
Hello charly!
Do you play pokemon showdown and pokemon go?

Hey Giri, I used to play Pokemon Go but my phone died and right now I only have a poor replacement with a non-existant battery life, plus right now I don't have a job so I can't afford a new one, but I'd like to play it again soon. As for the other one, I don't know it. What's it about?

Hey Giri, I used to play Pokemon Go but my phone died and right now I only have a poor replacement with a non-existant battery life, plus right now I don't have a job so I can't afford a new one, but I'd like to play it again soon. As for the other one, I don't know it. What's it about?
Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator
It's a pokemon multiplayer game.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom