• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the idea of Sinnoh remakes. I want SEQUELS.
I want to start in a brand new town
I want some brand new gym leaders. ( Byron could be retired, Volkner and Maylene could be part of the Elite Four [ Bertha and Lucian also got retired ])
I want new plot
I want Cyrus return back from the distortion word, fully controlling giritina, an insane brutal villian
I don't want grid based Sinnoh, i want them to fully re-imagine all the cities and the rutes, I will hate if they make these game grid based
I want something new, not a remake, I hated LGPE and ORAS for that. I don't want any sinnoh games if they will do it a remake
I like your wish. That said, if they were to retire I prefer to have them be useful somewhere: Lucian could be the master librarian in Canalave Library and Bertha could be the new Underground Manager or Head Archeologist in some new area of the game. Unlike Agatha, Bertha seems a very nice lady. I'd love to see Volkner and Flint making an E4 pair.
As for Cyrus, well Cyrus AND Mars should come back, since she went looking for it, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
I like you wish. That said, if they were to retire I prefer to have them be useful somewhere: Lucian could be the master librarian in Canalave Library and Bertha could be the new Underground Manager or Head Archeologist in some new area of the game. Unlike Agatha, Bertha seems a very nice lady. I'd love to see Volkner and Flint making an E4 pair.
As for Cyrus, well Cyrus AND Mars should come back, since she went looking for it, if I recall correctly.
Bertha being in charge of the Underground in a sequel might be a good idea, but wouldn't Roark work better as a new manager since we know he actually goes down there and is related to the Underground man in DPPt? Bertha makes sense type-wise, but I feel there are better suited characters for that kind of role. Cynthia also being an archaeologist would make Bertha redundant as one as well, no...?

I'd like an expansion on her backstory in particular, since she's probably the least memorable character in the gen 4 games. Maybe they could explain her relationship with Agatha or something. I don't want her disappearing in a sequel like Agatha did in gen 2, that's for sure. Even in remakes, not just in a hypothetical sequel.

March 2020 update:

I'm still praying for remakes of DP in 2021 - Sinnoh was my favorite region after all - but at the same time I'm also praying that, if those games are currently in the works, TrollFreak doesn't find some way to screw them up. I was definitely not a fan of SwSh and I'd say there's probably a greater than 80% chance that I will be sitting out the Expansion Pass.

I NEVER thought I'd be saying this a year ago, but...IMHO, somehow the baby-fied nostalgia trip with Pikachu/Eevee has walked away from the console shift looking like the better Pokémon game.

Bertha being in charge of the Underground in a sequel might be a good idea, but wouldn't Roark work better as a new manager since we know he actually goes down there and is related to the Underground man in DPPt? Bertha makes sense type-wise, but I feel there are better suited characters for that kind of role. Cynthia also being an archaeologist would make Bertha redundant as one as well, no...?

I'd like an expansion on her backstory in particular, since she's probably the least memorable character in the gen 4 games. Maybe they could explain her relationship with Agatha or something. I don't want her disappearing in a sequel like Agatha did in gen 2, that's for sure. Even in remakes, not just in a hypothetical sequel.

Well, with Byron retired, Roark could take up his Gym in Canalave, even turning it into a dual Rock-Steel gym (I'm tired of one-type gyms), while Bertha would be Oreburgh's new Gym Leader and Mayor and while excavating the mine, they'd find either ruins or an active complex, related to the Regis or Arceus. Bertha's Gym battle could be saved for last like Giovanni and she would use it as a test to see if the player has what it takes to venture into the ruins.

As for Agatha, well I was sad to see Lorelei's house in LG and no other E4 development, namely Agatha's. C'mon, Lavender's Tower is turned into a Radio and no one says nothing? A massive graveyard is turned into a Radio Tower and there are no ghosts to appease? Of course Agatha would have a saying! :unsure:

Okay, i'm not going to poke around the forums here much, but I hear there's a March 26th Nintendo Direct so, then again the Direct is a rumor. I just pray for ANY Pokemon news. Remake of Sinnoh or Let's go Johto, ANY Pokemon news will do. Okay i'm leaving.

Okay, i'm not going to poke around the forums here much, but I hear there's a March 26th Nintendo Direct so, then again the Direct is a rumor. I just pray for ANY Pokemon news. Remake of Sinnoh or Let's go Johto, ANY Pokemon news will do. Okay i'm leaving.
They don’t usually release news more than a year before a game's release. At most one can expect some titbits about the DLC. For major reveals Pokemon tends to do their own Pokémon Directs.

I hate the idea of Sinnoh remakes. I want SEQUELS.
I want to start in a brand new town
I want some brand new gym leaders. ( Byron could be retired, Volkner and Maylene could be part of the Elite Four [ Bertha and Lucian also got retired ])
I want new plot
I want Cyrus return back from the distortion word, fully controlling giritina, an insane brutal villian
I don't want grid based Sinnoh, i want them to fully re-imagine all the cities and the rutes, I will hate if they make these game grid based
I want something new, not a remake, I hated LGPE and ORAS for that. I don't want any sinnoh games if they will do it a remake
Heck, why not ask for both? Remakes for the ones who haven't played the original games, sequels for hardcore fans of the 4th gen.

I don't know if Game Freak would want to do that.
I know, it is wishful thinking. Still, for those guys, having both options could probably bring more profits. I doubt there are few who wouldn't buy either (or both) versions.

Still, for those guys, having both options could probably bring more profits.
I doubt there are few who wouldn't buy either (or both) versions.
Eh, considering that both versions would take place in the same region, I figure few people would buy both. USUM sold roughly half the number of copies SM did. In contrast, ORAS only sold around 2 million fewer copies than XY.

Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if the remakes would make Dawn (Or Lucas if you play as Dawn) battleable at some point. Making her a full blown friendly rival is maybe a bit too much of an overhaul, but the ways he's used in the originals is a big waste in my opinion.

Eh, considering that both versions would take place in the same region, I figure few people would buy both. USUM sold roughly half the number of copies SM did. In contrast, ORAS only sold around 2 million fewer copies than XY.

I think this happened because USUM was hardly a new game compared to Sun and Moon, maybe things would be different with actual sequels.

taking we get 2 expansion patches this year to Sword and Shield then it will either be between them or after them.
Hope Coronavirus didn't catch the creators and teams.

If DPPt remakes do happen, I hope they’ll include all the ribbons from the originals. I’ve noticed these past two generations that the number of obtainable ribbons has dropped compared to prior ones—there’s no NPC for the days-of-the-week ribbons in Alola and Galar, for example—which is rather disappointing as I want to get around to having a ribbon master (granted, Dexit has probably made this endeavor more fruitless).

If DPPt remakes do happen, I hope they’ll include all the ribbons from the originals. I’ve noticed these past two generations that the number of obtainable ribbons has dropped compared to prior ones—there’s no NPC for the days-of-the-week ribbons in Alola and Galar, for example—which is rather disappointing as I want to get around to having a ribbon master (granted, Dexit has probably made this endeavor more fruitless).
Maybe, if they don't change Julia's purpose.

Here is another idea: how about at least, for the time being, have a virtual console of the DS on the Switch so we can download Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. I want to play one of those games (but with the current state I cannot even go grocery shopping without feeling some dread, I won't go to any videogame second-hand retail store for the time being).

That way, for those of us who haven't played those games, it might be a cool way to spend some time while we get the actual remakes and to get to know Sinnoh.

Problem with that is the two screen set up of the DS doesn't translate well to the single screen Switch. I know it could be done, but it adds a lot more work when compared to porting the Gameboy/Game Boy Advanced games across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom