• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tech Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help, I tried updating my PS3 through USB, but something happened and I'm trapped in a loop: It tries installing the update, but once it reaches 61% it tells me something happened and I need to restart my PS3. Once I turn on my PS3, it tries installing the update again. Doesn't help that I can't access safe mode.

Does anybody know how to fix that?

Help, I tried updating my PS3 through USB, but something happened and I'm trapped in a loop: It tries installing the update, but once it reaches 61% it tells me something happened and I need to restart my PS3. Once I turn on my PS3, it tries installing the update again. Doesn't help that I can't access safe mode.

Does anybody know how to fix that?
Is there a specific error code that shows up when the update stops installing?

This seems to be someone updating from the internet rather than USB, but the issue does sound similar and might be of some help since this person was able to get the update to finish with some steps:
Older PS3 stuck updating and can't go into safe mode

Does the PS3 do anything different if you try to restart it without the USB in it? I wonder if the update data is corrupted somehow, and if deleting it and then redownloading it to the USB would do anything. I don't know for sure though, I've never updated through the USB rather than the internet on the console, so sorry I can't be of more help.

Does "removing the HDD" part mean removing the internal memory or just the USB?
I think that would be the internal memory, though if you're installing from the USB, I'd guess that trying by removing the USB alone might be a good place to start. If removing the USB doesn't help, maybe try with the HDD, though I'm not sure how difficult removing the HDD is and it might depend on what model of PS3 you have.

I hope you're able to get it working though!

So...I have a PS Vita, and it works well. But just a few minutes ago, I noticed something odd. Whenever I recharge it, it always has a solid orange light. But recently the orange light started blinking and doesn't stop. My PS Vita is still recharging, so I don't understand why this is happening. Is something wrong with it?

Does anyone know which Playstation Portable loads games the fastest? I'm trying to play my PSP copy of Final Fantasy 1, but whenever there's a random battle encounter, it ALWAYS takes over a minute for the scene to load! EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME!!! I tried it on the PSP-1000 and that was slow, and now I bought a PSP-2000, and even the loading times on that are slow!

Hello!

I've had this occasional issue with my laptop where when I boot it up, it just won't let me go to the screen to type in my password to log in. It doesn't happen every time I start up my computer, but it happened again today when I went to get on my computer. Force restarting solves the issue, but it's a little annoying to have to do so when I'm just trying to get on my computer. It's worth noting that it only pops up when a message along the lines of "Say 'Hey Cortana, remind me to post on Bulbagarden about my tech issue,'" or something similar, but I don't actually use Cortana.

Including a screenshot for reference.

HC4mvbi.jpg

It's a little bit of a minor issue, but a little bit of an inconvenience nevertheless, so if I can somehow get it solved, I'd certainly appreciate it! ♥

Okay, I'll cut to the chase, I was an idiot and downloaded the YTD Youtube Downloader and unless I'm mistaken it seems to be the cause of viruses that spawns random tabs full of ads to appear on my browser. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not very tech savvy, so please roll with me.

Okay, I'll cut to the chase, I was an idiot and downloaded the YTD Youtube Downloader and unless I'm mistaken it seems to be the cause of viruses that spawns random tabs full of ads to appear on my browser. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not very tech savvy, so please roll with me.
Have you tried using MalwareBytes? That worked when I had to deal with an adware that did exactly what you describe.

Yep, seems to be it.
Ugh, then I know how annoying it was, specially since it will keep reinstalling if you don't change your browser's main page back to what it was before, or was that the ransomware I got? Either way, make sure your main page is Google or whatever and not a page that displays random nonsense.

Ugh, then I know how annoying it was, specially since it will keep reinstalling if you don't change your browser's main page back to what it was before, or was that the ransomware I got? Either way, make sure your main page is Google or whatever and not a page that displays random nonsense.
Yeah, it is frustrating. I did switch it back to Google as my main page, but the garbage keeps popping up like "thebestofferontheweb".

Anyone got advice for stuck pixels on a phone?

I've got a line of green pixels on the left side of my phone, kinda close to the middle. It started out as a single green dot, but today, it became a green line. My research has led me to believe it's stuck pixels, and it was originally something I wasn't going to bother too much with, but since it's no longer just a single dot but rather a whole line, it's become a lot more of a nuisance that I want gone.

I've got a Google Pixel 3a, and so far, I've tried restarting the phone as well as a couple apps, one called Dead Pixels Test and Fix and another called Pixel Fixer. Restarting and the two apps haven't seemed to help, and my research has showed that pressure to the affected area may help, but I'm hesitant to try it lest I make it worse (or damage my phone, and I can't afford a new one right now). I have the latest version of Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom