• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

Let's get this suggestion out of the way; will Korrina give Ash a Mega Ring and Lucarionite like in the XY games?
That’d be the strangest thing ever... but not out of the realm of possibility. Ash-Greninja happened because they had the stupid no reserves rule, but now he can get Pokemon from any generation. If that happens somehow my mind is dreaming of him getting a Mega Charizard Y (unrealistic, I know, but a man can dream).

Translation of Ash and Korrina's dialogue:

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1246740277504520192

Multiple tweets here so read them all.

Also seems confirmed Ash gets Sobble:

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1246739812977000456

That’d be the strangest thing ever... but not out of the realm of possibility. Ash-Greninja happened because they had the stupid no reserves rule, but now he can get Pokemon from any generation. If that happens somehow my mind is dreaming of him getting a Mega Charizard Y (unrealistic, I know, but a man can dream).
I wouldn't raise the idea normally, but this series has been weird, and Korrina making an appearance to show off Mega Evolution shortly after he gets a Riolu is interesting.

It'd be nice to see a Zard Y that isn't there to lose to Zard X.

Looks like someone FINALLY realized a episodes in Galar are what people want.

And oh hey, Korrina honey! Welcome back! Making good and sure you're record for Most Appearances by a Non-Companion Gym Leader remains unbroken, eh? (though you have bonus points from the Masters trailer)

and I have to wonder if Sonia will be the PokeGirl for this series (Arceus knows Kuharu hasn't done anything)

Last edited:
Also seems confirmed Ash gets Sobble:
View:
I can finally have my, "I told you so" moment! Sobble would really shine with Ash, since he’s pretty good with dealing with his Pokemon's confidence issues.
Multiple tweets here so read them all.
Korrina and Sobble were the only important things I found on the user's twitter. Is there something else?

Korrina and Sobble were the only important things I found on the user's twitter. Is there something else?
They had followups to the first tweet (if you go to the first tweet's page you can see them all together) where they clarify Korrina seems to be acknowledging their past battle.

*TPC/OLM after the positive reception to the preview.*

images

So much to unpack here. First off, Ash and Korrina rematch. Potentially a rank battle. I had a feeling some past gym leaders would get in on the Worlds action, and glad to see Korrina is the first. Ash's gonna have a fight on his hands, dealing with a mega. Which is another thing, I'm glad megas will also play a part in this arc. It shows that every trainer has their own specialty and not limited to just dynamaxing. We'll probably have a character that uses z-moves even. Moving on, Sobble capture. Finally solidification that Ash will get a a galar starter. I knew Sobble would fit with Ash, and I hope he fully evolves into Inteleon. Leon vs Raihan, I genuinely want to see cause we never seen a battle between the 2 rivals even in the games. A Morpeko who I feel Go will catch. And our goddess Sonia making her debut as well. Hoo boy what a way to hype

If the writers want to give Ash a Mega, he already has a Gengar currently on hand, so there's that.

It genuinely took me a couple seconds to register that I was seeing Korrina in a new series preview. Man, this is going to be hype!
If the writers want to give Ash a Mega, he already has a Gengar currently on hand, so there's that.
Don't forget Lucario.

Brilliant, Korrina recognizes Ash so that should stop any continuity complaints
It should, as long as they don't skirt around it or come up with contrived plot points to dodge/exclude/pervert it. Just integrate it in its pure form with proper storytelling and all should be fine, no issues of 'fanservice elements' either.

That was a really cool trailer. I was happy to see so many Galar Pokemon and characters. Raihan is pretty cool and I was hoping that he'd appear to battle against Leon. Hopefully this will lead to other Galar Gym Leaders appearing, but going with Raihan first makes sense given his rivalry with Leon. I was also happily surprised to see Sonia. I wasn't sure if she would show up since Koharu already has a Yamper. They could potentially use her to lead into uncovering more information on Zacian and Zamazenta like in the games. I also hope that they'll showcase her becoming a Pokemon Professor since that was one of my favorite moments in the games.

Korrina appearing was pretty cool and hopefully that does make it more possible for Ash to have rematches with other Gym Leaders. I'm sure that she'll be there to help Ash train Riolu too. Hopefully this also finally makes people stop calling this series a reboot. It was obviously beforehand with the trophies in Ash's room and Lance appearing with his Shiny Gyarados, but with Korrina traveling with Ash and his friends during XY, there shouldn't be anymore doubt once she returns. I'm also happy that they aren't going to just focus on Kanto Gym Leaders for potential rematches. It's also pretty neat that they're still showcasing Mega Evolution. I imagine that Ash's Riolu won't evolve by the time he battles Korrina, but the idea of Ash getting a Mega Gengar is pretty neat.

I am a bit surprised that Ash is seemingly getting Sobble, if only because I've been so certain that Koharu was going to get one instead, but giving it to Ash instead makes sense. Being so shy and timid and growing more confident as it potentially evolves gives Sobble an easy built in character arc. I am disappointed that Grookey didn't show up in the trailer, but it is still awesome that we can finally have Ash get a Galar Pokemon and a Galar starter at that given that was a point of debate for awhile. I really didn't like the idea of Ash's team just being fully evolved Pokemon for this series, so getting a Riolu and a Sobble is good. Plus, he could still get Grookey later and hopefully they'll feature it in the not too distant future.

I wasn't sure if she would show up since Koharu already has a Yamper. They could potentially use her to lead into uncovering more information on Zacian and Zamazenta like in the games. I also hope that they'll showcase her becoming a Pokemon Professor since that was one of my favorite moments in the games.
It would be a pretty cool plotline if Koharu decided to be a research assistant under Sonia's wing (an actual research assistant like Gary was, unlike the angle they had given for Ash and Gou which seems to be dropped now), and gives her incentive to travel alongside the boys while documenting her observations and studies.
I am disappointed that Grookey didn't show up in the trailer, but it is still awesome that we can finally have Ash get a Galar Pokemon and a Galar starter at that given that was a point of debate for awhile. I really didn't like the idea of Ash's team just being fully evolved Pokemon for this series, so getting a Riolu and a Sobble is good. Plus, he could still get Grookey later and hopefully they'll feature it in the not too distant future.
There's a decent chance that Grookey will go to Ash as well, those new Shiritori segments portrayed:

Yamper, Chikorita, Comfey for Koharu.
Raboot, Metapod, Cubone for Gou.
Riolu's Egg, Dusk Lycanroc, Grookey for Ash.
View attachment 132094

Given the placements in this segment, there's a high chance that Grookey will go to Ash as well.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom