• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

He isn't guaranteed one. If anything the fact that Sun and Moon broke the water type pattern and the added fact that this series is breaking even more patterns could imply that he might not get a water type at all this time around too.

Just like Eevee was 100% likely to be caught by Ash in Sun and Moon right? What's with these outrageous percentages?

Ash getting Eevee was based on nothing (People went crazy because of the opening, despite Lana clearly looking at the Eevee). However, we see Sobble at the side of Pikachu and he is marked of getting it as a possibility for the egg. Thats 2 instances that heavily point towards Ash instead of Gou.

Ash getting Eevee was based on nothing (People went crazy because of the opening, despite Lana clearly looking at the Eevee). However, we see Sobble at the side of Pikachu and he is marked of getting it as a possibility for the egg. Thats 2 instances that heavily point towards Ash instead of Gou.
That's the same reason people gave as to why they thought Ash was going to get Eevee back in Sun and Moon.

That's the same reason people gave as to why they thought Ash was going to get Eevee back in Sun and Moon.

Except this time, there is solid proof (Ash having a possibility of getting it in the egg, why would they put in the Sobble and Grookey there if Ash doesn't get them eventually, makes no sense at all, since that is getting peoples hopes up for no reason). With Eevee, it was just people makes baseless assumptions based on the merch and poster, while the opening clearly pointed towards Lana getting it.

Merch and a poster alone don't make proof, but it being marked as a possibility for it to hatch out of the egg, does make it at least likely that Ash is getting Sobble (First) and Grookey down the road.

Wait how is it 90%? Sobble has appeared on merch but none of that merch has shown Sobble with Ash's team exclusively iirc, so it's not like you can say that Go isn't a potential choice of owner for Sobble.

90% would almost be a guarantee that Ash would get Sobble but there's nothing concrete that supports that percentage.
I don't know why I gave a percentage. I guess I'm scared that my boy Sobble will get the short end of the stick in terms of screen time among the Galar starters. It was already done dirty in the games with it's lackluster movepool, stats that don't back it up, and an ugly evolution (seriously, Game Freak can F off for doing that to my precious water lizard). I don't want it being done dirty in the anime with a small amount of screen time, especially if Grookey gets way more than it. It's already bad enough that Sobble hasn't appeared after 19 episodes (it's gonna be more based off the new episode titles and summaries) while Scorbunny has already evolved. Giving Sobble a limited amount of screen time compared to the other Galar starters would show a bias against and potential hate for Sobble by the writers.

Yeah, I'm paranoid, lol. I just want the best for my little water buddy and I feel like the writers and Game Freak haven't given that to Sobble.

I don't know why I gave a percentage. I guess I'm scared that my boy Sobble will get the short end of the stick in terms of screen time among the Galar starters. It was already done dirty in the games with it's lackluster movepool, stats that don't back it up, and an ugly evolution (seriously, Game Freak can F off for doing that to my precious water lizard). I don't want it being done dirty in the anime with a small amount of screen time, especially if Grookey gets way more than it. It's already bad enough that Sobble hasn't appeared after 19 episodes (it's gonna be more based off the new episode titles and summaries) while Scorbunny has already evolved. Giving Sobble a limited amount of screen time compared to the other Galar starters would show a bias against and potential hate for Sobble by the writers.

Yeah, I'm paranoid, lol. I just want the best for my little water buddy and I feel like the writers and Game Freak haven't given that to Sobble.

While the Sobble line definitely suffers from a lackluster movepool, I feel you're letting your bias speak for the rest. Despite you not liking the evolution it's been very well received overall as it placed in the Top 10 of the Galarian Pokemon (+Meltan/Melmetal) and above the Grookey line, so it's not been screwed by GF in that regard and in fact is pretty popular. Additionally, there's nothing showing that it would get less screentime then Grookey as neither have popped up yet, and if anything Sobble has had more lone merchandise even if a small amount. Until we know for certain what the writers have in mind there's no reason to assume that it'll be the one that gets screwed over compared to the other two.

While the Sobble line definitely suffers from a lackluster movepool, I feel you're letting your bias speak for the rest. Despite you not liking the evolution it's been very well received overall as it placed in the Top 10 of the Galarian Pokemon (+Meltan/Melmetal) and above the Grookey line, so it's not been screwed by GF in that regard and in fact is pretty popular. Additionally, there's nothing showing that it would get less screentime then Grookey as neither have popped up yet, and if anything Sobble has had more lone merchandise even if a small amount. Until we know for certain what the writers have in mind there's no reason to assume that it'll be the one that gets screwed over compared to the other two.
And if Sobble does in fact get screwed over in terms of screen time (especially compared to Grookey and Scorbunny), I'd say my complaints would be justified.

The Preview at the end of SS020 shows that Sobble will be appearing in the near future which is good so someone may catch it

SS020 also saw Go catch a variety of Pokemon, Poliwag, both the Nidoran genders, Farfetch'd, Ekans, Oddish and Grimer.

I'm curious to see what Poliwag may evolve into, Politoed or Poliwraith. Would be good to see Politoed get some more focus

Given the battles around and the Galar setting in addition to it getting focus right alongside Riolu it’s very, very likely Ash is getting Sobble too.

My prediction of Go getting Morpeko to fulfil the cute quota is also getting likely.

EU1PUYFVAAEKPFz.jpg

Given the placements in this segment, there's a high chance that Grookey will go to Ash as well.

View attachment 132094

Given the placements in this segment, there's a high chance that Grookey will go to Ash as well.
Is it only me or the !animeGrookey (The anime artworks) seems chubbier compared to the games and official art? It makes the thing look cuter so I hope that’s how it appears in the anime.

So far Ash has Pikachu(of course), Mr Mime, Dragonite and Gengar
I think Riolu is pretty much confirmed at this point so Lucario and I think his last Pokemon is probably Sobble/Inteleon

Go has a lot of Pokemon I’m not sure what he will catch, I think he will end up catching a Zubat and a Trapinch
I’m sure one of his Cascoon will evolve into Dustox and he will catch a Beautifly
I’d like to see both his Nidoran evolve and I’d also like to see Go work with his Poliwag

I think it is counted as a team member, Ash used Mimey in that battle against that guy in Hoenn I know he hasn’t used it recently but I think Mimey is counted as a team member
There was a magazine scan (the same one that had the list of Pokémon Ash's egg might hatch into) that listed Ash's party, and Mimey was absent. The Hoenn match seems like it may have been a one time thing.

There was a magazine scan (the same one that had the list of Pokémon Ash's egg might hatch into) that listed Ash's party, and Mimey was absent. The Hoenn match seems like it may have been a one time thing.
Ah well as long as Ash returns to the Oak Lab with Pokemon this time I’m not that bothered
Just a sec I swear I saw a picture with a Dusk form Lycanrok on next to a Grookey does that mean we will see Ash’s Alola Pokemon again

Bulbapedia lists his current Pokemon as "In rotation" which means that we'll see different Pokemon in Ash's active roster, with the roster changing every episode depending on the plotline of said episode.

So Mimey is both in his party and not in it at the same time. Now here's hoping that his reserves are slowly brought in, can't have World Championships with just Pikachu hogging up every 1v1 match.
Bulbapedia lists that every single series.

Back
Top Bottom