• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

I wonder if Ash is gonna battle weaker trainers in the PWC now that he's babysitting Riolu and (likely) Sobble.
Most probably yes, that and he's quite high in the Normal Class already (1512) so he might not find trainers higher than him in the same Class within a closer proximity.

Last edited:
Just when the series starts getting good you realise that it's likely going to be cancelled/halted for a while due to coronavirus. It's an inevitability at this point. What a shame, but hopefully we can at least see these episodes shown in the preview.

Just when the series starts getting good you realise that it's likely going to be cancelled/halted for a while due to coronavirus. It's an inevitability at this point. What a shame, but hopefully we can at least see these episodes shown in the preview.
Episodes are made months in advance so there's at least 10-15 episodes ready to air.

And I also doubt the series is going to end or even pause because of the virus.
A pause is definitely possible (even likely, given the ideal duration of a lockdown has to be long enough to prevent a second Coronavirus wave), and no one said the series would end.

The effects would definitely not be visible now, since episodes are made months in advance, but probably a break sometime in the future of 1 week or two. Unless they begin working overtime to cover the loss. The preview batch of episodes will definitely make the screens though.

I didn't like XY, not the biggest fan of Korrina, but I could've cried tears of joy seeing her in this trailer.

Seriously, I wasn't expecting to wake up to something like this this morning, and it had everything I've wanted out of this series. Old characters, new characters (Sonia looks amazing btw), Galar Pokemon, good action and battles, Gou training with Raboot, even more continuity! This is such a stark contrast to what we've been getting in the best possible way.

Also, I'm super intrigued by the fact that Lycanroc was shown in the end credits with the Riolu egg and Sobble. Since it does seem like Ash will end up with Sobble (which I'm pretty excited about) does this mean Lycanroc is making a comeback? The chance of potentially seeing other reserve Pokemon as well? That mix of new and old Pokemon is also something I really wanted out of this series...if we start getting that, I will be ecstatic.

My two biggest frustrations with this series have been the baiting and the inconsistency. This trailer alone gives me hope that these things might become much less of a problem moving forward.

Last edited:
Grookey appears in the new ending sequence alongside Ash's egg and a Dusk Lycanroc; I think he may be getting it, too.

I didn't see the new ending sequence until after I saw this trailer, but that definitely makes me feel more hopeful about Grookey.

It would be a pretty cool plotline if Koharu decided to be a research assistant under Sonia's wing (an actual research assistant like Gary was, unlike the angle they had given for Ash and Gou which seems to be dropped now), and gives her incentive to travel alongside the boys while documenting her observations and studies.

That could be pretty interesting. It would help to give Koharu more screentime, give the series some much needed female representation and becoming a research assistant could lead into Koharu becoming a trainer too. Plus, getting to potentially see more of Sonia would be pretty cool.

Panky.. said:
There's a decent chance that Grookey will go to Ash as well, those new Shiritori segments portrayed:

Yamper, Chikorita, Comfey for Koharu.
Raboot, Metapod, Cubone for Gou.
Riolu's Egg, Dusk Lycanroc, Grookey for Ash.

Chikorita seems like a bit of a strange choice for Koharu, but that would explain why it was featured in the ending theme. Comfey would be a pretty nice choice though.

Here's a thought, Ash is getting Riolu (at long last), Korrina is appearing and mega evolving her Lucario.

Makes me wonder if that's what they have in store for Ash, getting a Lucario and mega evolving it

I'm sure that Ash's Riolu will evolve given how popular Lucario is. I just hope that they don't rush its evolution. Giving Ash his own Mega Lucario would be pretty cool. Although, I wouldn't be shocked if they do introduce a Gigantamax Lucario in the upcoming DLC and Ash's Lucario gets that form instead.

And I also doubt the series is going to end or even pause because of the virus.

A pause is certainly likely given the situation at hand, especially when the animation industry requires people to work in large groups. I'm also not sure how much action Japan has taken to avoid large gatherings either. It won't affect these episodes since they're already done and episodes are completed months in advance, so we may not see any impact from the virus on the anime anytime soon. The show definitely won't end because of the virus, but I wouldn't be shocked if they eventually need to go on a break due to the virus impacting the production.

I didn't like XY, not the biggest fan of Korrina, but I could've cried tears of joy seeing her in this trailer.

Seriously, I wasn't expecting to wake up to something like this this morning, and it had everything I've wanted out of this series. Old characters, new characters (Sonia looks amazing btw), Galar Pokemon, good action and battles, Gou training with Raboot, even more continuity! This is such a stark contrast to what we've been getting in the best possible way.

Also, I'm super intrigued by the fact that Lycanroc was shown in the end credits with the Riolu egg and Sobble. Since it does seem like Ash will end up with Sobble (which I'm pretty excited about) does this mean Lycanroc is making a comeback? The chance of potentially seeing other reserve Pokemon as well? That mix of new and old Pokemon is also something I really wanted out of this series...if we start getting that, I will be ecstatic.

My two biggest frustrations with this series have been the baiting and the inconsistency. This trailer alone gives me hope that these things might become much less of a problem moving forward.

For some reason, I didn't think of Lycanroc making a comeback, but that would make sense given that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc was seemingly the first one in the anime. I hope that does lead to Ash using Incineroar. I don't think it was treated that poorly during SM, but it was a shame that it didn't get a battle after evolving. Lycanroc was my favorite out of Ash's SM team and getting to see it again would be pretty great, especially if that means that they do finally want to make use of Ash's reserves.

A little bit off-topic but this question came into my mind after watching the preview. Do you guys think there is a possibility Hayashi will make his own versions of some battle themes from Kalos or other regions?

The music he uses so far in battles starts to feel repetitive to me.

A little bit off-topic but this question came into my mind after watching the preview. Do you guys think there is a possibility Hayashi will make his own versions of some battle themes from Kalos or other regions?

The music he uses so far in battles starts to feel repetitive to me.
I think the music issue is one of the things that definitely needs to be addressed. For a series that is supposed to include all the regions and touring them, you'd expect to hear music from respective generations but so far, we've only had 3-5 repeating soundtracks with the obligatory cowboy tunes every now and then. He needs to recompose or remix music from the older series/generations, it's about high time especially since Kalos is so heavily associated with the XY&Z theme and all the electric guitar soundtracks. Doing any one past generation's soundtrack will be a start.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but has the Pokemon Shiritori ever been a good indicator of upcoming Pokemon? As in, have all the Pokemon in the first version already appeared or have confirmed appearances in the new series?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom