• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

The subtitles made the trailer even more interesting. For example: Raihan apparently made his way into the Master Class pretty much as soon as he entered the PWC. Shows that he's not one to be messed around with. And the texts that appear on the screen with him are some of his lines from the games.

Yeah, its now 100% confirmed Sobble will go to Ash. No doubt about it anymore.

What if Gou gets a Silcoon in the Beautifly episode, but releases it in the exact same episode as a Beautifly (That was the vibe i was getting).

I think ash battle korrina in super rank class. ( Lucario vs Gengar)
And once again they went to galar to see pwc match (Leon vs raihan) and meet Sonia.
I think this sobble is ran away from laboratory and ash get it

A thought about the Master class silhouettes occurred to me last night. We know who three of them are, and there are eight people in the Master-class, meaning the tournament will have three rounds.

So maybe those will be Ash's opponents in the tournament--Raihan, Lance, and Leon--and the others were left generic because they're not as important.

So maybe those will be Ash's opponents in the tournament--Raihan, Lance, and Leon--and the others were left generic because they're not as important.
I have this feeling that Raihan will be the guy that Ash will replace/displace to get into the Top 8. Both Ash and Raihan want to have an official match with the World Champion so it only makes sense that they go out against each other in hopes of being in the Master Class. And here's hoping the next Master Class Tournament have full battles for all rounds, whose idea was it to have the finals be a 1v1 :lapras: (both narratively and from a writer standpoint)?

I have this feeling that Raihan will be the guy that Ash will replace/displace to get into the Top 8. Both Ash and Raihan want to have an official match with the World Champion so it only makes sense that they go out against each other in hopes of being in the Master Class.
Yeah I think that's pretty likely if they start revealing who the other five are.

And here's hoping the next Master Class Tournament have full battles for all rounds, whose idea was it to have the finals be a 1v1 :lapras: (both narratively and from a writer standpoint)?
My biggest concern about the tournament is it having tiny battles like the Alola League. Fortunately since Ash is probably the only protagonist who'll enter it won't have the same issue of having a bunch of characters we need to see the full matches of, and if it gets a comparable number of episodes all full battles could be done.

The generic people in the masterclass are probably going to be displaced before we learn who they are, making room for other trainers who possibly weren't competing the previous months.

One thing I'd like to see is a regional champion (like Steven) coming late to the game and challenging Satoshi when he is highly ranked to raise ranks quickly.

I wonder who the rest of the 5 master class trainers are. Since we know past characters will be participating, there's a wide variety of who can make it to this point. And no I don't think every champion will be participating either

I wonder who the rest of the 5 master class trainers are. Since we know past characters will be participating, there's a wide variety of who can make it to this point. And no I don't think every champion will be participating either

I have a feeling at least one of the Mega users has made it in, but i think we can scratch off Korrina, Brock and Misty already. So that leaves Siebold, Wikstrom, Malva, Steven, Diantha and Wulfric. From those 6, i think we can easily eliminate Siebold and Wikstrom, since they didn't debut in the main series in Kalos. Malva is unlikely as well, consdering she is a journalist and doesn't seem to be into fighting that heavily. From the three left, i feel like Diantha is the least likely, considering her job as an actress and she likely doesn't have time to participate in real tournaments if she doesn't have too. So that leaves Steven and Wulfric. Both of them can be a top 8 member. Even if Wulfric is not, i see him returning to fight Ash eventually anyways.

I personally would prefer if we get characters from every region in the top 8 (Reflecting the 8 regions), with Galar having 2 members with Raihan being a stand-in for Ash.

I have a feeling at least one of the Mega users has made it in, but i think we can scratch off Korrina, Brock and Misty already. So that leaves Siebold, Wikstrom, Malva, Steven, Diantha and Wulfric. From those 6, i think we can easily eliminate Siebold and Wikstrom, since they didn't debut in the main series in Kalos. Malva is unlikely as well, consdering she is a journalist and doesn't seem to be into fighting that heavily. From the three left, i feel like Diantha is the least likely, considering her job as an actress and she likely doesn't have time to participate in real tournaments if she doesn't have too. So that leaves Steven and Wulfric. Both of them can be a top 8 member. Even if Wulfric is not, i see him returning to fight Ash eventually anyways.

I personally would prefer if we get characters from every region in the top 8 (Reflecting the 8 regions), with Galar having 2 members with Raihan being a stand-in for Ash.

I'd say:

Kanto: Satoshi
Johtho: Lance
Hoenn: Steven
Sinnoh: Cynthia
Unova: N maybe? I don't know if he was in the anime and what he thought about pokemon battles there.
Kalos: Either Alain or one of the elite four, not Diantha because of her job.
Alola: No one given the competitive level.
Galar: Leon and Raihan.

Satoshi would probably battle against one of the younger rivals to get in, like Marnie or Bede.

Cool, we haven't had another one of these since January 2019 I think.

-Raihan! It's great that his relationship with Leon will be explored deeper than in the games where he just mentioned him all the time. I'm not sure if I want to see Leon kicking someone's butt again but it could be just a flashback. Either way I expect a great battle.
-Sobble and Sonia! I'd say those two are related, maybe she was planning to give it to a trainer but it ran away. Hopefully it joins the main cast.
-Bringing Korrina back to help Ash's Riolu is genius. Riley has more connections with aura but Korrina is more popular and has connections with Mega evolution so I'm not mad. Hopefully she mentions Ash's Kalos friends and their adventures. I wonder if the kanji will be erased again in the dub.
-It would be weird to have a Galarian Slowpoke episode 2 months before the DLC is released so I don't think the Slowpoke related to it, also there's al ready too much Galar in the preview compared to this series' usual.

Interesting that the announcer in that preview said that Raihan made it into the Master Class shortly after joining the Championship. I guess if you're that good you really can rise in the ranks quickly. I wonder if that means Ash will be getting there soon or will it be only towards the end of the season sorta thing... :unsure:

Since we see Mega Lucario I figure Z-Moves will reappear at some point as well (I suppose Ash's power ring being in his room could be a Chekhov's gun in that regard).

It's mostly because I'm cruel, but I'd find it hilarious if Ash battled someone and busted out all the new mechanics one after the other and his opponent doesn't have any of them.
Gengar Mega Evolves and eats it's opponent, Pikachu uses 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt and fries one, then Dragonite Dynamaxes and blasts the last one away.

Well Raihan is stated to be one of the few trainers that can measure up with Leon. Atleast in the games

I mean he's gonna have to lose to Leon when he eventually appears in the show because the writers can't make Leon look bad, so I dunno if Rihanna's ingame lore really matters.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom