• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favourite places to visit in the main series videogames

Leaf_Ranger

For Nature & Creatures
Reaction score
I believe the title says it all.

In my case, my favorite place is the National Park in HG. I absolutely love its music, the images that shows when entering it at any time, the peacefulness and to be with my partner Pkmn by my side in one of the benchs while hearing the fountain's water. It's mostly what makes me turn on my game after 999,99 hours.
I also love the Bellchime trail: the quietest place in the game and the scenery with the Bell Tower is just soothing.
Next comes Ilex forest with it's mystery ambience and shrine and then Viridian Forest, both in HG (I was so happy to see this last one come back in its entirety unlike in Gen. II).
In terms of towns and cities, I like Violet and Ecruteak due to their history, Cherrygrove and Sandgem because of their cosy size and beaches.
When it comes to buildings, I just love to visit Slateport's and Lilycove's museums, namely the first due to the S.S. Anne background music, ship models and information displayed.
To relax, I also like Sinnoh's league entrance namely at night...Evergrande comes next and Aspertia's lookout is also cool and inspiring.
To have fun, I like to go to Roxie's Gym but I feel most comfortable in Erika's Gym (any version) and Gardenia's in Diamond.
Last but not least, I like every hometown (except from Alola) from the games that I played because of the memories it brings, namely Pallet and New Bark.

In Kanto/Johto, it's Mt. Silver, of course. I don't really care about the interior, but the snow-covered mountainside always has me in awe, climbing and fighting my way up to face Red.
I absolutely love Bellchime Trail in HeartGold/SoulSilver, even though it's just a super short path. It looks way more gorgeous than a DS game has any right to be TBH.
I really like visiting the Oliviana Lighthouse and enjoying the view you have from that one platform, and the music is really cool too.
And well, Route 47 is probably my favourite route in Johto because of these high cliffs and waterfalls.

Route 115 in Hoenn because it's where I would always have my secret base, almost feels like home and I've always loved how "hidden" the back part of the route is.
Route 119/120 in Hoenn because there's no other place in the Pokémon games where nature feels as untamed and powerful as there.
Route 123 in Hoenn because it's such a huge route with so much to discover, and I always spent a lot of time growing berries. Also, the music is an absolute bop.
Honestly, just all of Hoenn.

Moving to Sinnoh, I love everything between Floaroma Town and Eterna City. Floaroma and the meadow are just really pretty, Route 205 and the Valley Windworks have this really adventurous atmosphere + music, and I was so excited when I first discovered that "secret" way to the Ironworks. And Eterna Forest itself is probably my favourite forest in the series (the Platinum version at least), it's so calm and beautiful, and I love the shadow effect.
The whole northern part of Sinnoh. I know it's a pain in the ass to get through Route 217, but the feeling of danger and adventure remains unmatched. The music is incredible. And I don't know, there's just something really fascinating about this area, similar to Route 119/120 in Hoenn.
Obviously, Mt. Coronet. What a huge fucking mountain that is, so many ways to get lost, and the outdoor parts really made me feel like I was climbing it all by myself, far away from all civilisation. And the music! Probably my favourite from the entire series.
The Distortion World. I really don't think I need to explain this one. Unreal!
Route 224. This route really does feel like a miniature version of the entire region, and even just getting there through the eastern part of Victory Road was an adventure in itself. There's just something about places that feel completely untouched and cut off from the rest of the world.
And well, the entire post-Elite Four island. I love how it has a completely different climate in Platinum, I love that touch of danger, I love the funky music. And I seem to be one of the few people who actually loooved exploring Stark Mountain. There's just something about these seemingly endless stairs and super high walls.

I can't really think of any places from later generations, probably due to lack of nostalgia to a certain degree, but I will say that Kalos as a whole is one gorgeous region, even more so than Alola and Galar IMO. There may not have been much to do in Kalos, but at least it was beautiful on a surface level. That really is gen. 6 in a nutshell, huh?

So yeah, in conclusion, I proudly stan Hoenn and Sinnoh, and I have a thing for hidden/secluded/cut-off places that you don't really have to go to and that create the feeling of being far away from the nearest city.

My all-time favorite place to visit in the Pokemon World is the Lake of Rage in the Johto games. The first time I saw it the lake and surrounding trees just gave me the vibe of the spot I had grown up vacationing in over the summer; I enjoyed navigating the mazes of trees and enjoying the view of the lake. I imagined what it would be like to stand there and look around watching the forest Pokemon leap across the trees.

Some honorable mentions would be the trio of Melemele Meadow, Seaward Cave, and Kala'e Bay. It was my first playthrough of the Alola games and I was revisiting Melemele Island. I was wandering through the meadow when I found that little entrance that leads to Seaward ave. It was so magical finding that little spot, and making m way down to emerge to a beautiful hidden beach that I remembered seeing from up on Route 1. I always love going back to that spot when I get the chance to.

Ruins of Alph give me the chills in a good way (especially the radio tune). I just want to discover more, but can't.

For something more relaxing, National Park is probably the peak.

Ecruteak City is my favorite place in any Pokemon game. The whole autumn atmosphere is lovely, and Bellchime trail is especially gorgeous. Other places in Johto I love are Olivine City and Violet City.

In Hoenn, I really like Route 117. It's short and pleasant. The daycare and the flowers make it seem so cheerful. I really like the Kalos Pokemon League and Laverre city as well. SwSh also has a lot of nice scenery in its towns that make me want to revisit them. I also like Driftveil and Oreburgh because of their catchy music.

I also like revisiting gyms. Going through the puzzles again is kind of fun sometimes.

Opelucid City (White): Opelucid was the first city I saw in a Pokemon game, trapped inside the gym in someone else's save file. I didn't know how to delete it at the time, so I managed to puzzle my way out of the gym and found myself in the beautiful old architecture of Opelucid with a bittersweet tune playing. Opelucid also has ties to lots of old legends, and that added to the charm of the place. I still stop to listen to the music whenever I fly there.

Undella Town: I always end up hanging around here after I complete BW's main campaign. I love the relaxed, chill theme when it's not summer. It makes me feel like, although life's difficult and its purpose is uncertain, I've got all the time in the world to figure it out, and there's no pressure on me to do anything more than sit on the beach and watch the waves.
Of course, Cynthia's there in the spring, too, for a fiendishly difficult battle (especially because of my low IV team...)

Honourable mentions: Evergrande City, the Dreamyard, and Johto Route 47/48 for the music.

I also like revisiting gyms. Going through the puzzles again is kind of fun sometimes.

So I'm not the only one who does this, then...

PS to my original coment: Vermilion City, namely at sunset and by the harbour, always gives me goosebumps and make my eyes "moisty". It were nostalgia really gets me to travel to my childhood...Blue, Yellow, Gold, LG and then HG...starting with wanting to be a master and catch them all to just have a set of PKMN companions and have adventures...(and yet there's nothing built on that plot of land :LOL: ).

(...)
The whole northern part of Sinnoh. I know it's a pain in the ass to get through Route 217, but the feeling of danger and adventure remains unmatched. The music is incredible. And I don't know, there's just something really fascinating about this area, similar to Route 119/120 in Hoenn.
(...)

I also like that zone but only for the blizzard. To relax there, I prefer Lake Acuity and sleepy Snowpoint.

N's Castle in BW2.

There's just something about it that gives me goosebumps (in a positive way) whenever I visit it.
I totally forgot that place. I haven't played B2 in a while but that's one of my favourite spots because of the fancy music and sense of nobility. So much dreams and ideals, the dispersion of Plasma members and N.

Off the top of my head...

- Laverre Town in Kalos, because it is so magical and relaxing, and I love the musical theme there
- the abandoned thrift store in Ula-Ula, Alola, because it's spooky and the home of Mimikyu
- the wild area in Galar, because of the Scottish-themed song (so epic) and the lots of Pokemon there
- Also, Stow-on-Side in Galar, because of the music and the mystical feel of the ruins and such (I'm a sucker for ancient ruins, both in fiction and IRL)
- All Unova, especially during Autumn or Winter, because it looks beautiful, especially for a DS game that "flirts" with 3D graphics

Last edited:
Route 10 in Unova!! That music!! The cliff landscape... and the fact that it's the first place you can find Rufflet/Vullaby!!

Ever Grande City in Hoenn. Once again, that music. And the overall aesthetic. Even if there's next to nothing there! It's also where I go to have Linoone use Covet on many a Luvdisc...

Generally visiting these places reminds me of the times I first visited them.

There are many others, but these ones really stand out!

desert areas with sand, always wndered why not bigger or most region once.

The same with icy region.

Unova Routes 12, 13, 14, 15, 20 in autumn, and 23, the Marine Tube, and the hidden back alleyway in B2W2 Castelia:

28-alley.png

In Sword & Shield, I quite like parking myself under one of the rock arches in the Stony Wilderness or underneath the Motostoke bridge, especially when it's raining.

Kanto
  • Cerulean and Fushia's theme is Top tier, and the zoo is cool.
  • I'd probably menction some of the Sevii Islands if I hadn't played through them only once...
Johto
  • The safari Zone and its customization options.
  • Olivine Lighthouse
  • Pokeathlon Dome, one of my favorite features
  • Ruins of Alph.
Hoenn
  • Littleroot Town is nostalgic.
  • Battle Frontier.
  • Route 113, Fallarbor Town and Route 114, very atmospheric.
  • Jagged Pass
  • Safari Zone
  • Sky Pillar
  • Pacifirlog Town
  • Sootopolis City & Fortree City, also very atmospheric.
  • Slateport City, Ever Grande City & Vendanturf Town, specially because of the music.
  • Route 110, the Cycling Road.
  • Lavaridge Town, but only in Gen 3 when you can use the termals.
Sinnoh
  • Floaroma Meadow
  • Trophy Garden
  • Valor Lakefront
  • Distortion World obviously.
  • Fight, Survival & Resort Area and some of their routes.
Unova

• White Treehollow
  • Celestial Tower
  • Humilau City
  • Join Avenue
  • Lacunosa Town
  • Marine Tube, amazing.
  • Nimbasa City
Kalos
  • Aquacorde Town
  • Route 4
  • Lumiose City, the best city ever, fite me.
  • Parfum Palace
  • Geosenge Town & Route 10
  • Laverre City & Route 14
  • Anistar City
  • Couriway Town
  • Snowbelle City
  • Route 20 & Pokémon Village

Alola
  • Aether Paradise
  • Altar of the Sunne/Moone
  • Brooklet Hill
  • Heahea Resort and its beach
  • Malie City, Malie Garden & Route 11
  • Melemele Sea

Galar
  • Route 8
  • Ballonlea & Glimwood Tangle
  • Slumbering Weald
  • Circhester because Snom
  • Motostoke

Just to add that I also love this place in Virbank due to be somewhat hidden and because it has Koffing's mark, so it's a place to hangout with the two girls:
Virbank_City_Spring_B2W2 (2).png

And the best place to feel nature that it's better than any (super) secret base, due to it's simplicity, changes over time and feels cosy:
HIDDEN GROTTOES
Hidden_Grotto_interior_Spring_B2W2.png
Hidden_Grotto_interior_Summer_B2W2.png

Hidden_Grotto_interior_Autumn_B2W2.png
Hidden_Grotto_interior_Winter_B2W2.png

Meteor Falls - absolutely beautiful to look at (barring Emerald), and you can encounter wild Bagon deep inside the cave.
Mt. Coronet - love the huge maze inside, its role in the storyline, and the music at the upper floors is quite atmospheric, too.
Victory Road (Black 2/White 2) - so many different environments and a great Pokemon selection.
Other locations in the games I love exploring are: Seafoam Islands (FR/LG), Mt. Ember, Icefall Cave, Ruin Valley, Sevault Canyon, Union Cave, Ruins of Alph, Ice Path, Hoenn Safari Zone, Shoal Cave, Ilex Forest (HG/SS), Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Dragonspiral Tower, Fallarbor Town, Sootopolis City, Humilau City, Lentimas Town, Opelucid City (White/White 2).

Parfum Palace - Because it's Pokemon's Palace of Versailles. I love, love, love Western European architecture from the 18th century and before. I only wish Parfum Palace could be remade in 3D instead of the tacky 2.5D graphics of X/Y.

Ruins of Alph - Because it's cool. And the music.

Circhester City - I love the Roman bath reference. Plus, the music, Snom, and it's cold, and I like it cold. =P

I'm struggling to remember favourite locations from my childhood games, but the Wild Area in SWSH is absolutely fantastic. I love how varied and open it feels in a game which otherwise has been so painfully painfully linear and full of stupid contrived roadblocks. It feels so much like what I always wanted my pokemon adventure to be like as a kid, so running around this big open area with the pokemon right there in front of me hits me hard in the childhood nostalgia wish-fulfilment feels. I've clocked 70+ hours in Sword and still haven't got around to beating Leon, because I will take any excuse to ignore the stupid railroad-y plot in favour of dicking around in the Wild Area.

Ballonlea is my favourite location by far in terms of pure aesthetics, but I really wish it was bigger or that there was like... literally anything to do there other than the gym. I go there, I admire the pretty glowing mushrooms and the adorable precious inkay friends, I get bored and go do something else.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom