• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Nintendo does the Nintendo DS Archive for the Switch, I don't see them porting the Sinnoh games to the system unless the games are remade.

Okay, bear with me here, but what if, in Gen 4 remakes, fishing minigame. And I mean a real one, not just "cast line into point and wait until fish then press a and battle."
Hmm. A fishing minigame sounds nice as it would add some diversity to gameplay, and but I'd like it if traditional fishing (as in, you can fish wherever) was also an option.

Also, bring back shiny chain fishing. I never took advantage of it in gen 6.

As long as Feebas being catchable in the game isn't based on random values that you can only know by looking it up, then sure, implement the fishing minigame.

As long as Feebas being catchable in the game isn't based on random values that you can only know by looking it up, then sure, implement the fishing minigame.
Oh my God... I wanted to forget about that. It's one of the reasons I had to cheat to complete the Gen III Pokédex (the other is lack of events and having no one to trade with).

EDIT: And in Gen IV, too.

Oh my God... I wanted to forget about that. It's one of the reasons I had to cheat to complete the Gen III Pokédex (the other is lack of events).
Eh, if this is still the case, I might just breed my Milotic and then transfer the Feebas to the remakes.

Eh, if this is still the case, I might just breed my Milotic and then transfer the Feebas to the remakes.
Considering they removed the random tile BS in ORAS, I guess they will remove that from the Gen IV remakes, too. Specially since it was way worse in Gen IV (4 tiles instead of 6 and the lake was bigger than Route 119's river).

I was joking with the whole fishing minigame thing (look, I've got an obsession, sue me) but actually now I kind of want it. It would add spice and could be used to find rare pokemon maybe with the better you do the more likely you'll find a rare pokemon.

Okay, bear with me here, but what if, in Gen 4 remakes, fishing minigame. And I mean a real one, not just "cast line into point and wait until fish then press a and battle."

Is this a JoJo Three Houses reference?

Is this a JoJo Three Houses reference?
latest

That obvious huh?

HMs can die in a hole. I like the suggestion someone had waaaaaay back in this thread about some of the gym leaders providing some kind of HM alternative, since a few of them seem to match up with the HM they unlock. At least it'd make more sense than a Pikachu on a flying bike or something.
Although I do understand the complaints about the HMs taking up moveslots, I hope the replacements for them will not be as insulting to the theme of the franchise as their Generation VII-VIII versions. Hopefully the Secret Techniques return, but become more similiar to field abilities and usable by every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just a select few. This will mean no wasted move/team slots, but still using Pokemon that you actually own. Also, I hope the roadblocks like trees and rocks stay in and not get replaced by NPCs.
The Moss and Ice Rocks should definitely stay, I've never seen the point of replacing their effects with the Leaf/Ice Stones in Sword/Shield.
Hopefully, Rotom's Room also stays, this time not needing an event item to unlock, instead of Rotom Catalog coming back.

Last edited:
The Moss and Ice Rocks should definitely stay, I've never seen the point of replacing their effects with the Leaf/Ice Stones in Sword/Shield.
It’s more convenient to just use stones rather than travel to a specific location for only one Pokémon. Also, I’d imagine with the way encounters work in gen 8, it’d be harder to battle close enough to the stone to get Eevee to evolve. I’d be fine if both methods worked, however.
Hopefully, Rotom's Room also stays, this time not needing an event item to unlock, instead of Rotom Catalog coming back.
I would much rather be able to change Rotom’s form whenever instead of having to travel to a specific room every time I wanted to do so. Though I don’t mind having both.

It’s more convenient to just use stones rather than travel to a specific location for only one Pokémon. Also, I’d imagine with the way encounters work in gen 8, it’d be harder to battle close enough to the stone to get Eevee to evolve. I’d be fine if both methods worked, however.
Don't forget how they left the Ice Rock in the middle of nowhere in Pokémon Black & White. In fact, in B2W2, both zone Eeveelutions were only obtainable in the post-game even though Eevee could be caught early on.

Fishing just isn't Sinnoh's thing, its roster is identical to Hoenn save for a few removals and the addition of Finneon. Also, the Ultra Space minigame annoyed me despite having a decent chance of something cool (a shiny or a legendary), so something with a 80% chance of being a Magikarp for sure would be more annoying.

I would be open to the idea of minigames that make the swamp or the snow easier to cross through.

Although I do understand the complaints about the HMs taking up moveslots, I hope the replacements for them will not be as insulting to the theme of the franchise as their Generation VII-VIII versions. Hopefully the Secret Techniques return, but become more similiar to field abilities and usable by every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just a select few. This will mean no wasted move/team slots, but still using Pokemon that you actually own. Also, I hope the roadblocks like trees and rock stay in and not get replaced by NPCs.
I also never liked the Rider thing in Alola, namely that we see yet again the good ol' Charizard! :cautious:
I wasn't aware that the Leaf and Ice stone now make Eeveee evolve. It makes more sense to keep the Moss and Ice Rocks, since what causes Eeever to evolve is adaptation to a certain environment!
As for Rotom, I really hope they keep it tight to the forms and develop Cheren's backstory and not incude any of the Rotom Dex and the other shenanigans.

But fish tho.

I could get on board with a fishing mini-game but only if the available rooster is increased. I disliked having to train Psyduck to have a Water type since I hated Floatzel's design and Lumineon wasn't that attractive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom