• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Four Mafia! [ENDGAME]

Introduce Hammer votes? (Majority of votes on a single player would end the phase)

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, with Town having 15 HP like the Mafia it just made it very difficult for Mafia to kill one Townie. Has different HP for different Pokemon been tried before?

Has different HP for different Pokemon been tried before?
In past games a couple players started with slightly less HP, but that being said I think I could take this into consideration for the next iteration, if I do follow through with it. Thanks :)

I did like Shedinja in Gen III because the 1HP style made you the weakest in the game really, and should have forced a change in gameplay style. (But then ZinnLav took 1HP vote damage and died :p)

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, I had fun.

What improvements what you personally recommend?

I don't really know too much about balancing, but I do agree with what others said about giving the Mafia stronger attacks. There was only one death at night, and according to what I can tell, this was because HD was certain Piko was scum due to a mod error and told everyone to attack him.

How were the roles?

They seemed alright.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Bronzor is the worst Gen IV Pokémon.
I'm honestly surprised that I didn't take a single point of damage after Day 1.

In past games a couple players started with slightly less HP, but that being said I think I could take this into consideration for the next iteration, if I do follow through with it. Thanks :)

I did like Shedinja in Gen III because the 1HP style made you the weakest in the game really, and should have forced a change in gameplay style. (But then ZinnLav took 1HP vote damage and died :p)

Wow! 1HP? That's scary... If you wanted to be faithful, Shedinja could have only been KO'd by a super-effective move! At least Shedinja was OP or something? Or maybe use Shedinja as a "second life" Pokemon were if Ninjask dies in losing all of its HP, then Shedinja takes over.

Congrats Town and Patrycjator and thanks to the Mafia for a good game :)

Thanks also to @Nivlacッ and @Magnificent Entertainer for hosting and creating this game :)

This is Mafia games in general. Scum never stand a chance if town can coordinate. That’s why Mafia infiltrating the lines of communication, providing misinformation, and potentially becoming trustee hubs of information is critical for a Mafia victory.

One thing I will say, having played in two of the previous games in this series and experienced this firsthand in my crushing defeat of town last time. Do not underestimate how much town’s power dwindles as the game drags on. Town starts out with plenty of voting fire power and can take out most of a player’s HP in the first day, but as time goes on, and town loses more and more players, they not only lose voting power, but also attacks and abilities.

The serial killer was supposed to be the wildcard in the game, but Mido and HD work far too well together (my second favorite Mafia game alliance, losing only to myself and Elieson). Honestly, if HD had been scum, there would have been a much higher chance Town would lose.

That said, were there mechanical or balance issues with the game overall? I honestly do not know. I helped out Calvin perform a recalibration of the mechanics in the immediate follow up to my massive victory in Gen Three Mafia, the largest of which was modifying/removing the scum kill, which was completely unbalanced in the absence of actual town lynching power.

The game’s core mechanics are sound, and very creative, but, unfortunately, due to the complexity, it is more difficult to balance. The game has been Town lopsided (Gen 1 and Gen 4) but it has also been Scum lopsided (Gens 2-3). It is constantly evolving to try to find a better formula, and it has come leaps and bounds since Gen 1 Mafia.
HD did a great job solving the game and town would have been in a lot of trouble had he been scum. What happening in Gen III mafia was still on my mind in this one and the irony of taking the same risk in mass claiming to another player was bothering me during most of the early game.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yeah it was a fun game and I enjoyed my role.

Probably echoing as others have said that the mafia seemed a little under powered in the game and perhaps needed more powerful attacks to make up for the loss of their nightkill.

How were the roles?

Good though town was mabye a bit too strong

Just to again thank the hosts for a fun game.

Did you enjoy the game?
Definitely! It was fun to be a bit of a talking point early on, as well as see one of my scumreads pan out and help HD coordinate a Town victory. I also enjoyed trying to pull that gambit with my type claim, even though it was a flawed idea from the start, lol.

Well, I agree with the whole buffing Mafia idea. Without standard kills (which is what made the last version’s Mafia so OP iirc) they should at least each get a damaging move.

How were the roles?
They were pretty cool! I like how you found a lot to work with outside of “standard” mafia roles, such as with Riolu’s steadfast ability.

Hmmm...would you consider letting me help create the setup for Gen V? I have...some ideas :3c

Did you enjoy the game?
I did, I'm never very good on team Mafia though and haven't played an OC game in awhile, hard to do OC as Mafia too.
Perhaps reducing player health to 10HP from 15HP, removing OC because it makes Town far more overpowered and I'm definitely for banning type claims at the least, even with OC it means people can't claim that, but can still figure things out from moves and what was super effective or not.
How were the roles?
I liked Spiritomb being on the Mafia team but with it's unique typing and no weaknesses it was easy to find out. As with Dialga & Palkia being the only Dragon types besides Giratina & Garchomp, we lost as soon as we were hit by a Dragon Type move from Garchomp. My fake claim of Water worked for a bit but would fall apart the moment someone tried to use a move strong against water.
Nothing else I haven't said above. I do hope to play future versions of this game though.

Wow! 1HP? That's scary... If you wanted to be faithful, Shedinja could have only been KO'd by a super-effective move! At least Shedinja was OP or something? Or maybe use Shedinja as a "second life" Pokemon were if Ninjask dies in losing all of its HP, then Shedinja takes over.
Shedinja was only able to be hit by super effective moves... and votes.

I think this isn't the first time I had a role that sort of serves as a Cop in these games. My role in Gen III was able to check if a player was a Pokémon native to Hoenn or not.

I disagree with as others have said about buffing Mafia, as soon as you ask someone to claim who they hit they have to lie or reveal they did like 5hp damage or something.

Haven’t said congrats town! Yet. So congrats town!

If I knew mafia had no nightkill I would have played differently, but I had fun. It was actually fun being a helpful SK instead of a anti everyone one. I should make that a role now actually.

I think It being of and type claim8g being allowed kind of broke the game for mafia. Heck even if I hadn’t come out I probably would have been caught thanks to that. I think type claim8mg should definitely be banned. Way too difficult to counter, and a little more power to mafia too.

Back
Top Bottom