• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if...

What if Koharu actually started to travel with Ash and Go? Would she be less of a whiner, and what would her goal be?
No clue, but it'd be good for her to travel around at least. She's bound to start travelling with them eventually, probably when her school's out on break. Maybe Ash & Gou could help her with some summer project or something?
From another post of mine:
It would be a pretty cool plotline if Koharu decided to be a research assistant under Sonia's wing (an actual research assistant like Gary was, unlike the angle they had given for Ash and Gou which seems to be dropped now), and gives her incentive to travel alongside the boys while documenting her observations and studies.

What if Go stumbles upon a book which contains stories highly similar to trainers who went to extreme lengths to capture legendary Pokemon and failed due to unethical methods? (I’m thinking including the movie stories too). I’m not saying anything good/bad about Go here, but it would be nice if he ended up with some introspection on the actual implications of capturing Mew and exactly how capturing all Pokémon will get him closer to the goal.

What if Go stumbles upon a book which contains stories highly similar to trainers who went to extreme lengths to capture legendary Pokemon and failed due to unethical methods? (I’m thinking including the movie stories too). I’m not saying anything good/bad about Go here, but it would be nice if he ended up with some introspection on the actual implications of capturing Mew and exactly how capturing all Pokémon will get him closer to the goal.
Him getting help from legendary hunters in the past would be an incredible thing. Awesome idea!!

Kinda like that one book from Sinnoh that talked about what I think is Cresselia's backstory? If so, they could use the Canalave Library for that story.

What if Gary wasnt an ass at the beginning of Ash journey?

Depends. If they're still friends like they were as kids, I can see Ash's "rivalry" with him be more amicable, but also a bit more depressing. For one, Ash wouldn't be able to defend himself against feelings of inadequacy when comparing himself to Gary with things like "sure he's good at Pokemon, but he's an asshole."

It would be like two good friends competing against each other, but one is desperately trying to catch up to the other. I think it'd be the equivalent of the SS protagonist and Hop, but we'd see Ash's (Hop's) perspective. The perfect trainer-in-the-making v. the afterthought.

Depends. If they're still friends like they were as kids, I can see Ash's "rivalry" with him be more amicable, but also a bit more depressing. For one, Ash wouldn't be able to defend himself against feelings of inadequacy when comparing himself to Gary with things like "sure he's good at Pokemon, but he's an asshole."

It would be like two good friends competing against each other, but one is desperately trying to catch up to the other. I think it'd be the equivalent of the SS protagonist and Hop, but we'd see Ash's (Hop's) perspective. The perfect trainer-in-the-making v. the afterthought.
Well, it can't be more depressing than Calem/Serena and opposite-gender rival, right?

I also think it could have been ended up a case of someone with resources vs someone that's talented, kinda like Kaiba and Yugi

Well, it can't be more depressing than Calem/Serena and opposite-gender rival, right?

Admittedly, that one was pretty forgettable...I guess that's depressing in itself. I guess Hop made a more lasting impression on me than Calem/Serena did.

Admittedly, that one was pretty forgettable...I guess that's depressing in itself. I guess Hop made a more lasting impression on me than Calem/Serena did.
Since I don't have a Switch yet I don't have all the details, but I do remember Calem/Serena were (accidentally) guilt-tripping you for beating them.

1. I still stand by my belief that my talking Persian idea is a good one that can work, I just want to be clear on that

2. What if there was a villains team that was actually in the business of trying to eliminate Pokémon?

3. What if Ash and Misty’s first meeting actually played out a little bit differently-

Like say:

What if when Misty first pulled out both him and Pikachu from the river’s waters, Ash, under the assumption that he was now dead, actually addresses the young red-head as a beautiful angel, which is more than enough to make Misty start to blush just a little bit. And then, when Ash learns about the nearest Pokémon center that he could take Pikachu to, he immediately grabs the nearest form of transportation that he could find: a nearby bike, and then starts to ride it away, telling Misty that he would return it to her someday, whenever he possibly could. However, in this particular scenario, when Ash is finally too far away out of hearing range to hear her, it is Misty who actually begins to say “But, that’s not my bike...”. Later on, when Ash is finally back on the road for his Pokémon journey, the real reason for why he and Misty would start to travel with each other is because of Ash’s claims that it would not be very ‘gentlemanly’ of him to allow a ‘young lady’ to travel through the woods on her own. Misty then begrudgingly allows it, but only because she knows that Ash will just keep following her anyways

4. What if Ash had a slightly younger sister?

became Ash Rivals and would work as a team to colect badges against him once, and take a role as a Masked trainer in the league to officially battle and change pokemon, with Meowth learning Pay day and new moves and becoming better in battle or even gaining a new form

What if we redesign Go but without changing his objective of catching Mew.

Listen:

First of all Go met Mew when he was 6 years old after saving Pikachu then Pichu, this encounter made Go realize that this Pokemon is so rare that catching it must be like achieving a big championsip. Set on that Go started obsessing with Mew so much that he got in trouble in school with kids who laughed at him for thinking he was simply daydreamer.

The only person who believed in Go was Professor Sakuragi who entrusted Go with helping with his new laboratory.Go discovered trough some documents that Mew had the genoma of all Pokemon even the legendaries Also he learned that some of those legendary Pokemon where able to comunicate with humans trough thelepaty.

Then one day he realized that Lugia was coming to Vermilion, so it was the perfect chance to ask Lugia directly about Mew. He jumped on Lugia and he found non other than Ash, first of all he was surprised but then started to not like Ash thinking he may be a rival who wanted to catch the legendary Pokemon for itself.

However Ash smiled back at him and Go feel something different, unlike with other people. Then Go asked Lugia about Mew but Lugia left them on a field of flowers. Ash asked Go why he asked Lugia about Mew and Go responded that he wanted to catch Mew but he is realizing that this is impossible. Ash then said that he cannot surrender he has to fight for his dreams, and that if he wishes and puts some effort he will meet Mew someday.

Go was not believing what he just hear: Someone told him that his dream was possible, he could not be more happy. Then after returning at the lab he suggested to Sakuragi that Ash can help to his research and he can go arround the world with him since he still can not fight wis his Pokemon and Ash has a knowledge of the other regions and is also a good fighter.

Ash said that he has no problem and that would help him with the PWT that is about to begin in a month. Ash also said that he had many encounter with legendaries and also explained that when he was riding Lugia he hear his voice. Asked by Sakuragi and Go he revelaled that the words Lugia said was "He is coming".

Well to be fair this is more a redesign of the series, tomorrow I will explain how Go met Scorbunny and how he will discover a way for meeting Mew.

Last edited:
What if we redesign Go but without changing his objective of catching Mew.

Listen:

First of all Go met Mew when he was 6 years old after saving Pikachu then Pichu, this encounter made Go realize that this Pokemon is so rare that catching it must be like achieving a big championsip. Set on that Go started obsessing with Mew so much that he got in trouble in school with kids who laughed at him for thinking he was simply daydreamer.

The only person who believed in Go was Professor Sakuragi who entrusted Go with helping with his new laboratory.Go discovered trough some documents that Mew had the genoma of all Pokemon even the legendaries Also he learned that some of those legendary Pokemon where able to comunicate with humans trough thelepaty.

Then one day he realized that Lugia was coming to Vermilion, so it was the perfect chance to ask Lugia directly about Mew. He jumped on Lugia and he found non other than Ash, first of all he was surprised but then started to not like Ash thinking he may be a rival who wanted to catch the legendary Pokemon for itself.

However Ash smiled back at him and Go feel something different, unlike with other people. Then Go asked Lugia about Mew but Lugia left them on a field of flowers. Ash asked Go why he asked Lugia about Mew and Go responded that he wanted to catch Mew but he is realizing that this is maybe impossible. Ash then said that he cannot surrender he has to fight for his dreams, and that if he wishes and puts some effort he will meet Mew someday.

Go was not believing what he just hear: Someone told him that his dream was possible, he could not be more happy. Then after returning at the lab he suggested to Sakuragi that Ash can help to his research and he can go arround the world with him since he still can not fight wis his Pokemon and Ash has a knowledge of the other regions and is also a good fighter.

Ash said that he has no problem and that would help him with the PWT that is about to begin in a month. Ash also said that he had many encounter with legendaries and also explained that when he was riding Lugia he hear his voice. Asked by Sakuragi and Go he revelaled that the words Lugia said was "He is coming".

Well to be fair this is more a redesign of the series, tomorrow I will explain how Go met Scorbunny and how he will discover a way for meeting Mew.

This would honestly be a very good plot. Way nicer than the one that we received. Nice work!

Thanks a lot @Kitasuki I appreciate it.

Well here comes the second part, in this I will do episode 3

Episode 3

In this episode Go tells Ash that Mew presence can cause some Pokémon to act weird, some of them go to a mysterious place and some others have a violent reaction. At this moment Ash asks Go what Pokemon does he have a nd Go says that Mew will be his first and last Pokémon. Ash suggests to Go that is better to have more Pokemon than one cause he will have more chances to catch Mew cause there is a probability that Mew wants to test him by fighting .

Go thinks about it and Sakuragi offers the Kanto starters to him. Go still have doubts and says to Ash that he is the one who is going to catch Mew not him, so he will do it his way. Ash says that it's ok but asks Go that he can have more friends if he catches more Pokemon , which Go responds rudely to Ash that he does not need friends the only thing he needs is Mew. Ash says that what is the point of meeting Pokemon if he cannot be friends with them and live with them. Go refuses to listen to him anymore.

At that moment Sakuragi Bulbasaur escapes trough the Laboratory window, Sakuragi says that he has not done that before and Go hearing those words starts running after him. At Vermilion city multiple Ivysaur and Bulbasaur are walking towards the big tower. At the top of the tower they see some of them are about to evolve. Go get's a litle dissapointed cause this have any relationship with Mew however a flock of Fearows appears.

Ash tries to help with Pikachu but Go says that is impossible cause Fearow are Pokemon who always attacks Grass and Bug Pokemon cause it's their nature so it's better to let them be. Ash gets mad at Go saying how he can be so negligent , and that he cannot abandon Pokemon that need help.Go starts feeling disapointed with himself.

Ash manages with the help of the Bulbasaurs and the Ivysaurs to repel the Fearows however a big clash with Hyper Beam and Solarbeam sents Ash flying almost falling out of the tower, before he falls Go lends his hand to Ash and saves him. Pikachu destroys the flock with a gigantic Thunderbolt attack.

Once at the lab the boys return with Bulbasaur now an Ivisaur. Sakuragi compliments them for unveiling the Ivysaur mystery. Ash thanks Go for saving him and that he is still a good person and that is all he cares. Go says to Ash that it's true that nature can be cruel sometimes but he is sorry for turning his back on the Bulbasaur.
Ash says that he has not to worry since they are friends .Hearing those words Go gets sad and runs to his room.

Ash is confused about what happened, however Sakuragi explains that Go has had problems in the past with other boys and maybe having someone who cares about him is something he feels uneasy about.

Ash says that he will show to Go how wonderful the Pokemon World can be so Go will be happy. Sakuragi says that tomorrow he will send him and Go to Galar cause he wants them to investigate about Gygamax and Dynamax and the Wild Area will posibly help Go to see how the Pokemon world reallys is. Also he has bought tickets for the Exibition match between Leon and Lance. Ash is really happy with that.

However in the Galar region non other than the dastardly Team Rocket Trio is there. But with what objective?
"Wobuffet, Mime Mime"

So yeah that's how I will change episode 3 changing Go personality and bit and also moving out Team Rocket for a bit. The next will be the episodes 4 to 8 since all of those will be set into Galar Region, transforming Galar into a mini arc.

I will do two more of this the Galar Arc and Episode 6 now episode 9 in this series. Then I would made another episode on how I would have changed the other episodes, As you can see Im not doing a big change in the series, I'm working with elements we already have in the series.

Sorry for the TL: DR

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom