• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Universe Championship Season 7 - Nomination Thread

Who should be Bulbagarden's representative in MU's Mafia Championship?

• Jinjo

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • HumanDawn

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Midorikawa

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • ExLight

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominations have ended and a poll will go up momentarily with our three nominees, Jinjo, HumanDawn and Midorikawa!

In that case, ExLight is being included in the poll. Congratulations ExLight on being the fourth nominee!
Voting is now open and will be open until noon PDT on April 22!
Remember, you can vote for up to two nominees.

Last edited:
So since I cant vote in the poll (bulba isnt my homesite) I thought I'd give my opinion here

You probably all know that champs is like a sea of posts from hell (on day one my game reached 4k posts last year iirc) so I just wanna make sure the nominees know what they're getting into. It tends to not be very much fun, the other players tend to be obstinate and uncooperative, leading to many scum victories. But onto the nominees. I think all the nominees are pretty good to pretty great players, but idk how well they'd be able to play in this environment. The setup this year is almost completely vanilla which I know many people from bulba loathe, there are only two power roles in each game. Activity wise I feel like the only one who even has a snowball's chance of keeping up would be Ex, since he posts hundreds of times without trying very hard, whereas I dont think I've ever seen the other three nominees make it past fifty to seventy ish posts in a game. I also know a lot of bulba hates minimum post requirements, and there's a mandatory 10 post requirement per day phase for all champ games that y'all ought to know about. What I'm trying to say really is that you can be super great at mafia but if you can't put up with all this then you probably shouldn't go, and in my opinion Ex would be the only one who could bear the insanity.

So since I cant vote in the poll (bulba isnt my homesite) I thought I'd give my opinion here

You probably all know that champs is like a sea of posts from hell (on day one my game reached 4k posts last year iirc) so I just wanna make sure the nominees know what they're getting into. It tends to not be very much fun, the other players tend to be obstinate and uncooperative, leading to many scum victories. But onto the nominees. I think all the nominees are pretty good to pretty great players, but idk how well they'd be able to play in this environment. The setup this year is almost completely vanilla which I know many people from bulba loathe, there are only two power roles in each game. Activity wise I feel like the only one who even has a snowball's chance of keeping up would be Ex, since he posts hundreds of times without trying very hard, whereas I dont think I've ever seen the other three nominees make it past fifty to seventy ish posts in a game. I also know a lot of bulba hates minimum post requirements, and there's a mandatory 10 post requirement per day phase for all champ games that y'all ought to know about. What I'm trying to say really is that you can be super great at mafia but if you can't put up with all this then you probably shouldn't go, and in my opinion Ex would be the only one who could bear the insanity.

yeah that's one reason why i nominated him

i can probably keep up but i try to make all my posts -quality- which might not be that useful in a quantity based game

Hi everyone. I haven't been around here at all for several weeks but I just want to say that I'm glad we have a great pool of players to choose from this year.

Thank you! This is my second time actually being the representative, but I had to back out before the game even began.

Excellent! HumanDawn, I've sent you the representative information/forms by MU PM, since I believe I still don't have the correct perms to do so here :)

Excellent! HumanDawn, I've sent you the representative information/forms by MU PM, since I believe I still don't have the correct perms to do so here :)

I think I sent you everything that should be needed from my side :)

I’m still scarred From the year I participated. I think the more annoying thing was them judging activity as towniess, and if you had things like a job you weren’t very towny because you were less active. And if quarantine is still going on for places during this, man its going to really suck for those that are still working.

@HumanDawn Congrats

@ExLight You too.

Hi guys

HumanDawn’s Championship game has been scheduled :)

GAME 11 (JUNE 15, 36/12, 4 PM EDT EOD)
Colin (Super Mafia All-Stars)
CreatorX (TORN)
DarkRula (GRcade)
Elbereth Gilthoniel (17th Shard)
GoalkeeperBoss (Chief Delphi)
Grumproro (The Avocado)
Hectic (Warwick Mafia Society)
hey_monkey (ResetEra)
HumanDawn (Bulbagarden)
inky (Comic Fury)
Nilsson (PokerNet)
Pilica (Wolfia Discord)
Psycho666Soldier (The Center)
twomillionbucks (BoardGameGeek)
Wisdom (Maffia Sverige)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: Join the Mafia Universe Discord Server!

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern - i.e. tomorrow. It will feature 4 former winners. There will also be podcasts on the following Sundays.

It will go live here, if you are interested:
View: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: Season 7: General Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom