• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Well, I guess that Masahiro Sakurai should've include Bulbasaur instead of Ivysaur as a playable character under the training by its Pokémon Trainer for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. That's all.
Well, Bulbasaur was not considered at all if I recall correctly (the one that was considered-but-cut was Blastoise). They chose Ivysaur because they wanted a fast but weak fighter (Squirtle), a medium one (Ivysaur) and a strong but slow one (Charizard). At least that's what I gather from observation.

Anybody know how to deal with Mr. Game and Watch's new Final Smash? Its rather annoying.

I feel like the ARMS rep is gonna be Min-Min or Twintelle. Min-Min is one of the most popular fighters from ARMS. I do hope its not Spring Man cause he's just...Too basic. There's not much that stands out about him compared to other fighters.

Also, I do hope that if Fire Emblem can get another rep, Pokemon can get another one. Cinderace is a prime candidate since it is among Galar's most popular Pokemon.

I rather have Raboot for some variety in terms of evolution line position. It would also be nice having something else.

I feel like the ARMS rep is gonna be Min-Min or Twintelle. Min-Min is one of the most popular fighters from ARMS. I do hope its not Spring Man cause he's just...Too basic. There's not much that stands out about him compared to other fighters.
You're saying exactly what I thought about Ryu being leaked for Smash. I clinged to the hope that it was going to be Ryu from Breath of Fire, but no, it was Mr. Crossover himself.

I rather have Raboot for some variety in terms of evolution line position. It would also be nice having something else.
Yes, but that would be the third fire starter in the game, which is something tiring for me.

I really couldn't care less for ARMS, so this character reveal brings me no excitement. However, I am glad to see they went with a first party franchise and I hope they keep that up and add more first party characters than third party characters for this final pass.

I'm actually glad to see Arms get representation in the character list. I don't know anything about the game (fighting games really aren't my thing outside of Smash) so the whole choosing Min-Min over Spring Man and Twintelle doesn't mean anything to me, but I'm glad to see that Nintendo's new IP is getting a bit of love.

By the way, to those wanting a Xenoblade character, there's still hope. Neither Xenoblade* nor ARMS got any reps at first because Sakurai saw them too late, and could only include them via Mii costumes.

*I meant a new Xenoblade character, I didn't forget about Shulk.

I really couldn't care less for ARMS, so this character reveal brings me no excitement. However, I am glad to see they went with a first party franchise and I hope they keep that up and add more first party characters than third party characters for this final pass.
Did they mention anything about this being the final pass.

Did they mention anything about this being the final pass.

I don't know that it was ever confirmed, it just seems to be something that is nearly a given. Surely the prospect of a whole another Fighter's Pass after the first one, when they were only really thinking of making another character or two is a lot. Plus, this fighter's pass has a sixth character added. I bet that's intended to be the finale, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom