• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

• 4Kids actually asked the production team to add an scene to Movie 4 where Sam and Oak's connection was made clear, which had the same animation the rest of the movie had.
  • Movie 4's teaser was done in a kinda bad CGI, and it shows the plot of Pikachu's Peekaboo with Celebi appearing at the end.
  • Eevee wasn't shown evolving on-screen until 2010.
  • In the Latin American version, some of Misty and Brock's returns have premiered on Pokémon Day (February 27th): BW116 on 2014, SM042 & SM043 on 2018 and Movie 22 on 2020.
  • Ash's Original series outfit has been seen at least once in every series except XY. His AG outfit also shared that record until XY appeared and unlike the OS outfit wasn't seen again in neither SM or SS.
  • Companion girls have never had an outfit with long sleeves as their main outfit, except Iris.
  • Ash's rivals have only appeared in 2 endings: Let's Join Hands (from 2013, which means that for 15 years none of Ash's rivals appeared in endings) which shows Paul and Gary and Notebook of the Heart which shows Gladion.
  • The openings that covered the league arcs (Aim to be a Pokémon Master, Ready Go, Pokémon Symphonic Medley and The Greatest Everyday) followed a tradition: showing all or almost all of the legendaries and mythicials known until that generation. This tradition was abandoned in BW, likely because the number just kept on growing.
  • If you ignore the movies and assume every day-to-night transition was shown on-screen, Ash's Kalos journey lasted 127 days.

Last edited:
There is a strange picture with shows the main characters of Pokemon anime drawed by Mato the mangaka who drew Pokespe from the RBG saga trough RuSa.

23ecbc34404a016c71fe2f5c2f8b8c8a.jpg

Unlucky for me the picture does not show Team Rocket Trio

Something that occurred to me when I watched the latest episode (don't think anyone brought it up in the review thread):

Littleroot Town was said to have no Pokémon Center in "Get the Show on the Road". Ash even asked a local about it. Well, seems that a Pokémon Center was built sometime after that (probably an oversight on the writer's part but I'd like to believe it was built sometime after AG001). Not only that, it's very similar in design to the Pokémon Center of the neighbouring Oldale Town:

Oldale.png

Littleroot.png

Another Pokémon Center trivia:

The design for the Pokémon Center in DP002 got reused no less than two episodes later in DP004. Down to the very detail (and no, it's not the same Pokémon Center. The environment is clearly different). I'm not sure if this ever happened before or since. I mean they do it with background characters, but not with Pokémon Centers as far as I know.

Center 002.jpg

Center 004.jpg

I mean I've always found it ridiculous that pretty much every single Pokemon Center in the anime looks different because that kinda implies that they're each built by a different construction company. So the fact that those two Pokemon Centers from early DP actually resemble each other feels like a good thing to me because it shows consistency in design.

In the original Origin of Love and Youth Hoso (Training Daze in English), we briefly see Nyasu telling Sakaki the story of him being dumped by Madonnya (Meowzie) and that the reason he is joining the Rocket Gang is so that he become worthy of her love. This makes her eventual final rejection of him in Nyasu's AIUEO (Go West Young Meowth) even sadder :cry:

A spanish from spain dub for the Jirachi and Deoxys movies does not exist.

And I don't know if Pokemon 4 ever was even dubbed in Spain.

I remember renting Pokemon Heroes tho but never finding it on the internet, not even at Pokemon TV where they jumped straight from movie 3 to movie 8.

1. Hey, has, um, anyone else noticed that, um, in addition to just how very few of the Pokegirls actually wore sleeves on their signature outfits, as an earlier poster saw fit to point out, it was, um, also not until the time of the Sun and Moon series that there was a main Pokémon girl who didn’t wear an outfit that showed off just how...shapely that their legs were? Why, even the young little Miss Bonnie and the rather considerably shy Miss Lillie were both known to show off their legs.

2. Have villainous Pokémon crime organizations slowly begun to drop in terms of threat level? I mean, Team Rocket might still be running around out there, causing trouble in any way that they can, but, from as far back as the Original series to the days of the XYZ episodes, the evil organizations that were all gradually introduced right into the main anime storyline were all known to be a genuine threat and they each all had an insidious endgame goal that made them a force to be reckoned with, as well one that needed to be dealt with before it was too late. But, um, ever since the Team Flare menace was, at last, finally taken care of, their um, their ‘successors’; both the groups of Team Skull of the Alola region and the up and coming Team Yell of the Galar region, have all been shown to be nothing more than a nasty group of colorful punks and pranksters who are all just somehow happy to be stuck being loyal to one single person, with only both a fancy gimmick and a symbol to their name to actually call themselves villains. What happened?

3, Have you guys ever noticed that, the releasing episodes being pushed to the side, Ash has actually captured more dragon-type Pokémon than Iris has ever been shown to? In fact, he has had exactly five different Pokémon of this very same type under his care, all while the self-proclaimed “dragon master’, Iris, has only been shown to capture three of them at best

Last edited:
  • Companion girls have never had an outfit with long sleeves as their main outfit.

reminds me of this:

705E5382-BB7C-422D-A436-833AA3D15D0B.png

• I vaguely remember before XY came out, it was rumored Ash’s female companion was supposed to be based on Shoko Nakagawa who’s partner was supposed to be Sylveon
  • The reporter lady from M03 makes a return in XY
FC401E66-EA86-4450-9833-9A951BAAE43C.jpeg

E071DD84-37BA-447B-A83A-5132BA43DA4A.jpeg
  • The Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes were supposed to center around Volcarona; their rumored plots were leaked online a while back

• The Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes were supposed to center around Volcarona; their rumored plots were leaked online a while back
I thought the Meteonite was supposed to serve Volcarona's role as the bringer of warmth and light in the anime. What you've heard may be just a rumor.

During the start of the series, Crispin Freeman was one of the early script adaptors for the show during the 4Kids run. It's revealed he did this due to the voice acting side of things not being union.

View: https://twitter.com/poke_retro/status/1024409401350868993?s=21

Speaking of 4Kids, at least three characters got their old voices back or kept their VA's once TPCI took over control of the dub.

Giovanni who Craig Blair originally replaced Ted Lewis as during the TAJ episodes of Diamond & Pearl but Ted was eventually brought back once DuArt took over dub production, Raoul Contesta who again was voiced by Craig Blair for most of the TAJ and DuArt episodes he was in but after Craig left Mike Pollock got the role back in Sinnoh League Victors and Gary who... well Cathcart was already him in the 4Kids era so they kept him on once he jumped ship with TPC.

Last edited:
I can't recall where I originally learned it from, but apparently, Takeshi Shudo has said that the reason why Brock left Professor Ivy was because he found out that she was a lesbian.

EDIT: Turns out this is just an urban myth. My bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom