• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

heads up:A frickton of bot accounts with similar names just invaded the Pedia. Might want to get to banning those.

I just noticed this a few minutes ago here:

A line towards the bottom of the Swablu's description reads, "This Pokémon can be Shiny if hatched in a different game to the game it was received in."

I tried to edit the page to fix the grammar error ("...if hatched in a game different from the game it was...," rather than, "...different game to the game..."), but the line does not appear on the edit page. I then noticed that this line repeats in the description of the other "egg" Pokemon.

It appears that this line is predetermined and the wording is recorded elsewhere. How do I fix this?

Also, I think that the English nickname of the only Farfetch'd available in Pokemon Blue and Red, "Dux," is perhaps worthy of mention in Farfetch'd's trivia section due to the "farfetched" nature of Frank Dux's claims--I don't think this is likely a coincidence. However, I am not confident in my ability to edit this information onto the page in proper format.

Should it be noted that Eevee is the only Pokemon that received a gender difference after Gen IV (other than Pokemon that were introduced in Gen V and later)?

I also noticed that Cynthia's Glaceon in B2W2 is female, despite having a 7:1 male to female ratio. I know that starting with Gen VI, NPC's Pokemon are not always either the same gender as its trainer (minus Bugsy, Saturn, Will, Grimsley, Gen 2 Janine) or the more common gender for species with uneven gender ratios, but in Gen V, is Cynthia's Glaceon the only NPC Pokemon to break the above system? In other words, are there any other NPC's in Gen V that have Pokemon whose genders are either different than their own (again, minus the few NPC's whose whole teams are the opposite gender, other than Saturn's Kadabra which is male but that is because its species have a 3:1 male to female ratio) or the less common gender for a species with uneven gender ratios? If not, should that be included in Cynthia's trivia section?
Edit: it just came to my mind that Elesa in BW is another exception, since she has a male Emolga. Are there any others in Gen V?

Last edited:
I didn’t know where else to go. On Bulbapedia, I was just accused of insubordination without evidence by an admin who blocked me for a week and revoked my talk page access and email capabilities. They didn’t use the edit summaries to explain reversions, but blamed me for not using the talk page. How was I supposed to use the talk page if they were going to block me mid-post and cut me off from getting to reply to them in any manner possible? I had no idea that they were going to escalate it in such a manner. They repeatedly accuse me of edit warring after a single reversion, but never holds themselves accountable when they take part. They just left a diatribe on my talk page that I cannot respond to, scolding me for decisions that I did not make. The user who blocked me has just as much a responsibility to use the talk page as I do, but they didn’t until after they found a way to win the conflict. They claim I don’t listen to admins, but the admin who blocked me is the only one that’s ever had a problem with me. I am not responsible for the admin’s actions, but this admin distorts reality in order to make me look like a bigger problem than I am. They justified their block by making assumptions about other readers from a phrase they took out of context and called it nonsense. Well if course it’s nonsense when you take a sentence fragment out of context. The admin, Force Fire, stepped way out of line and I am appealing the block for this reason

Last edited:
It's probably a change with the site itself, because I looked through the history and didn't see any template changes, but something's really screwed up how templates display on Pokemon pages:

It's probably a change with the site itself, because I looked through the history and didn't see any template changes, but something's really screwed up how templates display on Pokemon pages:
This has now been fixed.

Can someone make a page for a list of unrevisitable locations in Pokémon games?
I can't add new pages to the wiki right now (I probably haven't made enough edits yet), so I was wondering if someone who is allowed to add new pages could do that?

I don’t know how important this is but could it be beneficial for at least the manga and the anime perhaps the games to show their current movesets. It shows the moves used in their most recent appearance but could it have the 4 last moves it used

Back
Top Bottom