• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

I meant that since most of your predictions end up being wrong, now I'm worried that you're also wrong this time and that you've jinxed this delay.

Oh darn that's a good point. RIP anime. But apparently some of the production staff is still working on episodes (at least that's what was implied on Dogasu's site), so the hiatus will probably end this year.

Oh darn that's a good point. RIP anime. But apparently some of the production staff is still working on episodes (at least that's what was implied on Dogasu's site), so the hiatus will probably end this year.
Recording is one of the only thing that can't really be done from home, so it's not surprising production keeps going to some extent.

Also I doubt any country will be able to last for more than a few continuous months on lockdown anyway.

Apparently someone at Game Freak has covid-19, but the company is still working, albeit from home:

So much for the games being affected. Hopefully continual work on the games has no negative impact on the anime and hopefully this employee recovers. Coronavirus seriously needs to go away.

Apparently someone at Game Freak has covid-19, but the company is still working, albeit from home:

So much for the games being affected. Hopefully continual work on the games has no negative impact on the anime and hopefully this employee recovers. Coronavirus seriously needs to go away.
I am glad they are still be payed and can keep themselves busy with the things they love. I think we will need to think in an another way in the future about our behaviour and maybe change it

I'm just relieved that they're working from home and are taking measures to make sure their employees are safe. That's exactly what I was hoping for instead of them working on the games as per usual. The fact that they've been doing a lot of those safety measures since the end of January is also comforting. I'm sure that it's more difficult to work on game development at home instead of in their offices where they can go talk to different people and possibly have better equipment, but it is obviously for the best. I'm sure it's also good for them that the situation hasn't impacted their work since they're still able to get paid. Hopefully they're all able to stay safe and the employee who contacted the virus will make a full recovery too.

So when do you guys think the anime will return? I'm thinking either late 2020 or July.
With the English dub slated for release on June 12th, I'd say production would probably continue at around that point, maybe earlier than that, but it's just a guess.

With the English dub slated for release on June 12th, I'd say production would probably continue at around that point, maybe earlier than that, but it's just a guess.
Yeah but they’ve stopped production in Japan it won’t be easy for them to started back up while the English dub just edits some scenes, music and voices.

Aren't they in Japan still at least doing stuff like story boarding and animating from their homes?
I really, really doubt it. It may seem like it's just "drawing" but professional animation is not the kind of job that can be done alone at home. Honestly even if it was, I doubt they'd chose to do that.

I really, really doubt it. It may seem like it's just "drawing" but professional animation is not the kind of job that can be done alone at home. Honestly even if it was, I doubt they'd chose to do that.
Not to be that guy, but I know from first hand experience that the anime industry isn't that foreign to the "working from home" style of production. Just last year Wit Studio was looking for animators online to do freelance animation for some AoT episodes, and that's just one of the many cases where I've seen an anime studio do something like this. I don't exactly know what is OLM's stance on this, but I'm pretty sure they've worked with some overseas animators as ADs in a couple episodes, so they might be prepared to keep production afloat to some capacity even if they can't work in person.

I think people forget that OLM has a studio in Malaysia (OLM ASIA) which is solely dedicated to the Pokemon TV Series. This person, an OLM Asia Staff Member, confirmed that some staff are still working but from home. Actually some staff want to do the Storyboard from home as well. It just takes 3 weeks.

View: https://twitter.com/fiqah_yasin/status/1252193579599925249

Don't forget that they can all easily do video conference calls through many different means. The only real hindrance I can see honestly would be doing the voice work as it's unlikely most of the VA's have the proper equipment to do that from home. But most things such as animation, video editing, etc could be finished from home.

So what episode did they end up airing today? Did they start over from the beginning of this series? Or some other standalone episode?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom