• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
EXd-JAGVcAAwUzv

Summary translation:

At Professor Sakuragi's home, today is yet again another normal day of life. Under these circumstances, family member Wanpachi found an injured Mamepato and took it back home. In the process of taking care of Mamepato, Koharu and Sota are deeply attracted by its cute looks. Wanpachi doesn't seem to like it that much...

Last edited:
EXd-JAGVcAAwUzv

Summary translation (courtesy of AshandSerena on Twitter):

At Professor Sakuragi's home, today is yet again another normal day of life. Under these circumstances, family member Wanpachi found an injured Mamepato and took it back home. In the process of taking care of Mamepato, Koharu and Sota are deeply attracted by its cute looks. Wanpachi doesn't seem to like it that much...

Wait, why are you crediting AshandSerena when I was the one who did the translations for this episode's summary

Also, based on the summary, Pidove might have become an invasive species in Kanto /s

I've been waiting for a Koharu episode, but this doesn't excite me. Especially as the focus is on Yamper rather than her, and the first Gengar episode has already established their bond. Pidove is cute, but come on.

Hopefully the break makes the writers trim down the fat later on.

Better than *insert generic Kanto wildlife having its 100000th appearance here*
First, Koharu needs a second Pokemon. The chances of Pidove being worth keeping are low (come on, why that one of all choices when she's probably only going to make one or two captures?), but there's a Jigglypuff on the poster that would best fit Koharu. This episode is drawing out her development, which is worsened by her lack of screentime.

Second, just focusing on Flying types for this specific episode, I don't see why Doduo would have been generic compared to Pidove; it hasn't had any major role since late Kanto. What about Togetic? There is precedent to the Togepi line being in Kanto, and Togetic's has barely even appeared since AG. Lastly, Rookidee is at least new.

Pidove is at a disadvantage for being an unevolved regional bird, which Ash trained, with nothing much to offer other than cuteness. It's already made an appearance this series and many more before then. Go already has Pidgey, Spearow, Tailow and soon enough Fletchling. They're all pretty boring and it doesn't matter if this time Koharu is involved.

That Koharu possibly gets Pidove, doesn't exclude Goh from having Unfezant at some point. Only thing this might point toward is that every Pokemon Goh and Koharu get and Ash also owns, might not see a return with Ash then, unless they can be different than the species caught by Goh or Koharu - so far it potentially means Swellow can't appear under Ash.

Even so, i am excited about this episode, since it potentially pushes Koharu in the direction of her goal, becoming a Pokemon Doctor (Which automatically opens a path for a Brock appearance at some point as well).

Oh boy, a Koharu episode...

Um, she's still keeping her name, right? Or do we know what she's called in the dub yet? :confused:

Summary and Staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Life goes on as usual in the Sakuragi household, the home of Pokémon professor Sakuragi, when the family Pokémon Wanpachi suddenly discovers an injured Tiny Pigeon Pokémon called Mamepato and takes it to the family's house. The professor's children Koharu and Sota fall completely for the Mamepato as they nurse it back to health, but it seems Wanpachi isn't entirely happy about that...?

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

This episode excites me the most! We could finally see a more compassionate side of Koharu with her looking after an injured Pokemon. We know deep down she cares about them after all.
I think I understand what her problem is. Like Go said, Koharu used to loved Pokémon. But as she got older, people kept labeling her as someone who’s insanely in love with Pokémon like Go or her father. So now she wants nothing to do with Pokémon or people who like Pokémon.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Wow! Top tier staff! We can expect this episode to be a good one! Koharu fans, you're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom