• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Happy Birthday to J. David Brimmer/Michael Alston Baley.

Known for his memorable deep voice, you could say he's New York's own Paul St. Peter.

He joined the series during the 4Kids era on Episode 47 of the Kanto series as he played Dr. Proctor but it's the DuArt era that featured his two notable roles as gym leaders: Crasher Wake in Diamond and Pearl and Wulfric in the XY series. He also features in the Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky anime special as Dusknoir and as Mannes in the Black/White: Victini movie.

Outside of Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh fans will remember him well as Odion in the original Duel Monsters series and he was also Zodd in both the original Berserk anime series and the Golden Age movies which bought back many of the same actors from the show.

His other roles include Suberoa Zinnerman in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Dave McKenzie and Chorum in Lastman, Eye Patch in FLCL Progressive, Mr. Wu in Three Delivery, Polaris in The Little Panda Fighter, Zanramon in the 4Kids TMNT series and Boss in Mazinger Z: Infinity.
==================================================================================
Griffin Puatu voiced Hop in this month’s Twilight Wings Episode.

View: https://twitter.com/griffinpuatu/status/1239944586270633987?s=21

Last edited:
The Corviknight in the trailer sounded like Cathcart (specifically his Croconaw voice). I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.

The Corviknight in the trailer sounded like Cathcart (specifically his Croconaw voice). I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.

That's what I was thinking too, it sounds like his Croconaw and Aggron voice. It also sounds a bit like Electivire too (I know he doesn't voice Electivire). I have to rewatch the clip again when I get home.

I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.
And ding ding, you're somewhat right.

Goh's actor is Zeno Robinson.
www.twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1253466521415774208

And judging by Sarah's Tweet Natochenny's tweet, Professor Cerise is voiced by Ray Chase.
www.twitter.com/sarahnatochenny/status/1253468661496647680
Super happy to see the series will be a LA/NY co dub and extra happy for both Ray and Zeno. Zeno's already been an absolute trooper of a VA having been in stuff like Cannon Busters, Gundam and My Hero Academia and this is another big franchise to add on his list... and Ray, well he needs no introduction, why he's Noctis, Roy, Bruno and The Master of Masters.

Last edited:
Well here we go folks. Pokémon Journeys has finally debuted in Canada... and well uh, hoo ha ha… it's something alright.

First up say goodbye to DuArt and hello to the folks at Iyuno Media Group (they distributed A.I.CO. and Revisions for Netflix though they were dubbed by other companies, this is their first major English dub done by them) who are the new dubbing company for the show. Also say hello to Cherami Leigh who joins the show as Chloe (Koharu's English name) and to Michelle Ruff and a welcome back to Megan Hollingshead (Nurse Joy's original VA). Yes my folks, welcome to a new era of the Pokémon dub. We're in for one crazy ride.

View: https://twitter.com/poke_retro/status/1259159599648837632?s=20

Back
Top Bottom