• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

Splitting an episode into multiple segments is a common feature of anime series aimed at children (Yokai Watch, Doraemon, Chibi Maruko-Chan). However, those series are more episodic in nature. (Aka, you can pretty much watch those series out of order and you won't be lost)

Pokemon is a plot-driven anime, so an a,b episode structure doesn't really work, unless they are planning on further shying away from episodes with connected plots...

Correct, in fact Doraemon was my favourite series a long time ago.

The reason why said " come on" is because Pokemon it's not a series that would need that. Specially knowing that even some full epsiodes are rushed. It's something different and Im glad for it since it means more space for more important episodes.

As I said in the episode threat this could be good or really bad. We will have to wait...

Splitting an episode into multiple segments is a common feature of anime series aimed at children (Yokai Watch, Doraemon, Chibi Maruko-Chan). However, those series are more episodic in nature. (Aka, you can pretty much watch those series out of order and you won't be lost)

Pokemon is a plot-driven anime, so an a,b episode structure doesn't really work, unless they are planning on further shying away from episodes with connected plots...
They’ve explicitly said that they want to move to a more episodic approach and that’s why there won’t be multi episode arcs. Their excuse: the new time slot. I'd rather they move back to the old time slot if the newer one means a loss of storytelling.

They’ve explicitly said that they want to move to a more episodic approach and that’s why there won’t be multi episode arcs. Their excuse: the new time slot. I'd rather they move back to the old time slot if the newer one means a loss of storytelling.

I've got an even better solution: switch the timeslots of Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

The Friday evening timeslot is totally wasted on Yokai Watch, and I don't get why TVTokyo is keeping Yokai Watch in that prime spot.

I've got an even better solution: switch the timeslots of Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

The Friday evening timeslot is totally wasted on Yokai Watch, and I don't get why TVTokyo is keeping Yokai Watch in that prime spot.
Apparently they’re perfectly fine with the change (and even embracing it, till the level of making the series episodic now), so I'd expect more of such episode formats. This may also be the reason they show the Ash and Go intro every episode.

That's what I started thinking later. Tobias wants to play hard ball you play right back. He pulls a Darkrai, you pull a Dynamax; he sends one of your Pokémon to sleep, you send one of his to it's Pokéball (with a superpower Z-Move), that's the Chicago Pallet Town way.

How about Darkrai vs Mega Lucario? Ash can use their sura connection to wake him up

Well... it seems that Serena's Voice Actress hasn't had a role since 2016, so she might be retired too. Which means 2 companions won't return in that case.

???

Mayuki Mikaguchi had minor roles in 2017 with the manhua-adapted anime Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku and Fox Spirit Matchmaker, as well as in The Reflection, an anime co-created by Stan Lee.

She also voiced a side character in the Pazudora (Puzzle & Dragons) anime series; I can't find where her episode is, but it's definitely after 2018.

Finally, she also voiced a minor character in the 2020 anime series Drifting Dragons.

Of course, those were only minor roles (which is why the English version of her Wikipedia page didn't bother listing them), but she is definitely still active.

Japan doesn't like replacing VAs.
While I can see it as a respectful kind of thing, it does kinda seem to create a potential issue especially with super long running series and even in the possibility of something happening to a VA. But I suppose that’s more so coming from a Western mindset.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom