• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
People's brains don't work to begin with, nobody indicates at roundabouts, that's what causes the crashes.
I hate crossing the road at a roundabout, takes at least 5 minutes because you need the entire intersection clear, can't tell what direction everyone is going.
And here i was thinking perth drivers were the worst in the world. At least they indicate at roundabouts here. Mostly.

Yeah, but you’d be incorrect saying that about traffic lights, whereas I’m not incorrect in saying that about roundabouts. :p
I wouldn't, boss. Traffic lights are extremely dangerous places. Always be on your guard when entering them. Because some maniac is going to run a red light.

Both of those are trucks, but there are plenty of examples within the last 18 months of dangerous drivers at traffic lights. I've nearly been caught off guard by them a few times (At least before my car broke)

Let me finish by saying I would rather have a roundabout than traffic lights.

Maybe Perth just has shittier drivers, at least people here, while they don't indicate at roundabouts, they know how traffic lights work.
If there are no lights, it's far more dangerous, there's a pedestrian crossing (aka, drivers give way to foot traffic) in front of the shopping centre carpark entrance, the number of times I've almost been hit is staggering, and I've seen others almost get hit. There's probably like 20 signs marking the crosswalk, stop, slow, and watch out for traffic signs, all get ignored.

18.jpg

I wouldn't, boss. Traffic lights are extremely dangerous places. Always be on your guard when entering them. Because some maniac is going to run a red light.

Both of those are trucks, but there are plenty of examples within the last 18 months of dangerous drivers at traffic lights. I've nearly been caught off guard by them a few times (At least before my car broke)

Let me finish by saying I would rather have a roundabout than traffic lights.
I mean, trucks in general are shitty, but if you think combining trucks and roundabouts is a good idea, I’m not sure how your thought process works. Trucks have a wide turning radius and very often end up taking up more than one lane in a traffic circle. Like I said earlier, a semi truck crushed a motor cycle, almost killing the rider (who literally had to dive off the moving motor cycle in order to not get crushed). This happened right in front of me.

I mean, trucks in general are shitty, but if you think combining trucks and roundabouts is a good idea, I’m not sure how your thought process works. Trucks have a wide turning radius and very often end up taking up more than one lane in a traffic circle. Like I said earlier, a semi truck crushed a motor cycle, almost killing the rider (who literally had to dive off the moving motor cycle in order to not get crushed). This happened right in front of me.
I didn't say combining trucks and roundabouts is a good idea.

TBF, trucks are the kind of vehicle that you absolutely need but they're a pain to have on the road. At least in cities.

I know a few Australian governments have tried restricting the times they can move but I don't think that was too successful.

The point is, trucks on roundabouts is far worse than trucks at traffic lights.

Again, traffic lights actually require at least one actual mental lapse for people to fuck up. I’m not saying that doesn’t happen, because it does, but it actually requires a person to be negligent in some way.

Roundabouts are much more complicated, and, especially with trucks, don’t actually require mental lapses for people to fuck up. Everybody could be doing what they think is correct, and yet shit still happens because traffic circles, particularly multi lane traffic circles with multiple exits, are a mess in and of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom