• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a remake of Diamond and Pearl is coming after the SWSH DLC. It will be a remake, not a sequel. A lot of people never played those games, it's been more than 10 years since their release, it could even be their 15th anniversary when they'll release. So , for that reason I think the remake is more possible than a sequel. Therefore, I think sequel will came in form of DLC's. That's how they are gonna do it. But I think it will depends on if the DLC for SWSH have been success.

I'm sure a remake of Diamond and Pearl is coming after the SWSH DLC. It will be a remake, not a sequel. A lot of people never played those games, it's been more than 10 years since their release, it could even be their 15th anniversary when they'll release. So , for that reason I think the remake is more possible than a sequel. Therefore, I think sequel will came in form of DLC's. That's how they are gonna do it. But I think it will depends on if the DLC for SWSH have been success.

I never considered the thought of a DP sequel in DLCs, though I think it'd be more likely that they release DP remakes in a standard remake form, then release DLC containing some additional content focused on the differences between it and Platinum. Though of course I'd prefer that content included either in the game itself or in the postgame.

I never considered the thought of a DP sequel in DLCs, though I think it'd be more likely that they release DP remakes in a standard remake form, then release DLC containing some additional content focused on the differences between it and Platinum. Though of course I'd prefer that content included either in the game itself or in the postgame.
Seeing the design of Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor, I’m predicting that Sinnoh DLC might pull a Deoxys and give us locations focusing on stuff like Arceus and Darkrai, like the location-based events from the 2D era, just more fleshed out. I think they'll try to put in the Platinum elements in the base game's post game episode, like the Delta Episode.

Seeing the design of Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor, I’m predicting that Sinnoh DLC might pull a Deoxys and give us locations focusing on stuff like Arceus and Darkrai, like the location-based events from the 2D era, just more fleshed out. I think they'll try to put in the Platinum elements in the base game's post game episode, like the Delta Episode.

TBH, that'd be pretty awesome. Maybe the "Platinum Episode" could expand more on the Distortion World, while also weaving in the Cresselia/Darkrai storyline, whereas DLC could shed further light on the Event Legendaries + Arceus.

My hope is that if/when we get a remake of DP, they introduce even more evolutions / regional evolutions with it (unpopular opinion, but I also like baby Pokémon as well). It’s not out of the realm of possibility since they’ve started adding new Pokémon/forms mid generation now, but it would probably be limited to just a few.

(unpopular opinion, but I also like baby Pokémon as well)
I kinda want a pre-evo for Turtonator....

At any rate, I'd be fine with more baby Pokémon as long as they aren't treated like the gen 4 babies. No incenses involved in breeding them and only a handful of complex evolutions, so limited friendship and "level up knowing [x] move" evolutions.

My hope is that if/when we get a remake of DP, they introduce even more evolutions / regional evolutions with it (unpopular opinion, but I also like baby Pokémon as well). It’s not out of the realm of possibility since they’ve started adding new Pokémon/forms mid generation now, but it would probably be limited to just a few.

Gen 4 introduced a lot of extensions to evolutions (ie. baby Pokémon, further evolutions in the line) so it feels like such an appropriate place to have regional variants. It's as if the whole region is conducive to evolution and change as a whole.

Gen 4 introduced a lot of extensions to evolutions (ie. baby Pokémon, further evolutions in the line) so it feels like such an appropriate place to have regional variants. It's as if the whole region is conducive to evolution and change as a whole.
Yeah exactly! Plus Rowan’s field of study was Pokémon evolution. I feel like there’s definitely a lot of potential.

On a side note, I really wish we get the regular cross generation evolutions back. Not the ones exclusive to regional forms (Though some of them will be fine;too) but actual stuff like Sylveon which doesn’t depend on region. The Galar games gave me hope about it when Sirfetch'd was revealed, but then they just went and made an almost identical Galarian Farfetch'd to make it into a regional evolution.

Now you left me wanting a baby Arceus in the vein of Cosmog. :wynaut:

Not to mention that the Battle Zone/Area is somewhat treated as a different region so it can be expanded both in terms of space and Pkmn available.

On a side note, I really wish we get the regular cross generation evolutions back. Not the ones exclusive to regional forms (Though some of them will be fine;too) but actual stuff like Sylveon which doesn’t depend on region. The Galar games gave me hope about it when Sirfetch'd was revealed, but then they just went and made an almost identical Galarian Farfetch'd to make it into a regional evolution.
I like your idea but I also would like to see more West/East variants of already known Pkmn and perhaps a couple of new...with more and more significant gender differences.

Edit: I was thinking on why ASOR didn't had the Battle Frontier from Gen. III and (joking) that due to Wallace being flamboyant, there was no more room for Dome Ace Tucker and that we would find out that Spenser and Ramos are family but then it hit me: I don't think that GF could handle a Battle Frontier like the one we had in Emerald. That one was simply gorgeous and huge with NPC, different facilities. I don't believe we have seen something quite like its scale on 3DS games (nor perhaps in Galar). Taking into consideration how the Galar games look like, an area that size would either have to be shrunken and so it would feel worse than the original or it had to have some cut stuff just to fit in without having to make "gates" to load. This to say, that I don't expect GF to replicate Platinum's Battle Frontier unfortunately.

Last edited:
You know what they can do with the bike? They can give you a bare bike where you use it as normal, but you can take to certain NPCs who will upgrade your bike with the ability to perform an HM-related task. We already see that with Sw/Sh where it could be ridden on the water. How about an upgrade that enforces its wheels with tons of steel to crush breakable rocks that are in your way? How about a set of spikes on the wheels that allows you to climb certain cliff walls? Maybe a hidden fan on the bike can blow away all the fog in the area.

You know what they can do with the bike? They can give you a bare bike where you use it as normal, but you can take to certain NPCs who will upgrade your bike with the ability to perform an HM-related task. We already see that with Sw/Sh where it could be ridden on the water. How about an upgrade that enforces its wheels with tons of steel to crush breakable rocks that are in your way? How about a set of spikes on the wheels that allows you to climb certain cliff walls? Maybe a hidden fan on the bike can blow away all the fog in the area.
Um, what? Why do we need even more insults to the theme of the franchise in Diamond/Pearl remakes again? I do agree that climbing cliffs, smashing rocks and clearing fog shouldn't take up move/team slots, but why can't they implement them in the form of field abilities for Pokemon that you actually own?

Um, what? Why do we need even more insults to the theme of the franchise in Diamond/Pearl remakes again? I do agree that climbing cliffs, smashing rocks and clearing fog shouldn't take up move/team slots, but why can't they implement them in the form of field abilities for Pokemon that you actually own?

I agree with this point especially with it not taking up move slots. However, I am not sure if the Ride Pager is the way to go either since I am not a big fan of that (and the whole ride share thing seems tied to Alola). I can't think of a way to reconcile it.

I was watching a video on how apparently in Gen 1 badges allowed players to obtain skills. Maybe this mechanic could be revisited.

They could just keep the old system, but instead of HMs teaching a battle and field move all in one, make it field move only. Or even just turn HMs into TMs that can be forgotten at any time like any other TM.

Any system where I don't have to keep bringing my Pokemon constantly is a good system to me, just keep it convenient.

I just had a thought: how about pokemon have abilities that are locked to types without taking up a move slot. For example, only water types can surf but surf doesn't take up a move slot. And if you don't want a water type in your party, you can still use it even if it's in your box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom