• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

One thing that has annoyed me with Raid battles is that I cannot run from the battle if I suddenly don't want to do the battle anymore, something goes wrong and I know we will lose, or I get stuck with terrible AI partners. Instead, I either have to reset the game or wait out the battle, which is rather inconvenient. So I'd add the ability to run from Raid battles, at least for non-online ones. Other Raid related things that I would add is more AI partners that aren't hot trash, the ability to pick your AI partners for Raids if you are offline, which would avoid situations like walking into a Raid against a Psychic type with Hawlucha and Salazzle as partners, and perfect accuracy against the opposing D/Gmaxed Pokemon, at least for contact moves.

Edit: I'd also add a permanent indicator showing how many Pokemon have fainted in battle as well as how many turns are left as I don't think any right now.

Last edited:
One thing that has annoyed me with Raid battles is that I cannot run from the battle if I suddenly don't want to do the battle anymore, something goes wrong and I know we will lose, or I get stuck with terrible AI partners. Instead, I either have to reset the game or wait out the battle, which is rather inconvenient. So I'd add the ability to run from Raid battles, at least for non-online ones. Other Raid related things that I would add is more AI partners that aren't hot trash, the ability to pick your AI partners for Raids if you are offline, which would avoid situations like walking into a Raid against a Psychic type with Hawlucha and Salazzle as partners, and perfect accuracy against the opposing D/Gmaxed Pokemon, at least for contact moves.
honestly just say you'd delete Martin from the game LOL

Martin's bad, but it's really the Wobbefett that I hate. At least Martin has a decently reliable attacking move.
i'm actually in a raid with one right now and yeah, it's quite literally useless. @_@

def would support adding more reliable AI partners. it'd be interesting if they would have the chance to dyanamax as well, to make things a bit more interesting!

Yeah, I really don't understand why the Run option is even there if they're not going to let us use it.

Regarding the AI partners, I read an idea on another site that maybe they could set it up so that you could spend Watts to improve their Pokémon - giving them better coverage moves and held items the more you invest. Obviously there's just no saving Wobbuffet though. (Actually, considering that Alfie is a Cabbie, I really wonder why he's not using a Flying type?)

Glimwood tangle needs to be an actual forest and not a 10 second route. I was imagining it to be fomtjing like Eterna Forest and it ended up being a glorified hallway.

maybe a secreat magical passage in the forest itself, a secret dimension? how does it look on the map?

do we have more room for more expansions in future?

Forest Scepter and Ocean Trident?
Or Forest of Magic?

Bottle Caps and Gold Bottle Caps work on any level
Mints can be bought with money, as well as BP
Watts can by Transferred for BP, and vice versa
EV checker like the IV one
AI raid partners with Pokemon that can take a hit. The first time someone sent out a Magikarp, it was kind of funny. After that it was tedious.
Transfer items to Home
Expand basically all areas. They're all kind of just corridors. Biggest offender is the Dark Gym town.
Fly to individual sections of the Wild Areaa
Go down slopes in Wild Area with the bike. Invisible barriers are so frustrating.
Difficulty modes.
EXP toggle
Surf Bike earlier
Buy all berries at the berry shop.

Mints can be bought with money, as well as BP
Watts can by Transferred for BP, and vice versa
I would not be a fan of this. Given the ability to date warp for infinite watts, that would destroy the value of items obtainable from the battle tower and eliminate its purpose. Which I get some folks wanting to do but I like the battle tower and the resultant economy of sub-perfect IV shinies which gives interest to the game to myself and others who may not want to shiny raid all day.
EV checker like the IV one
Though it's not in number form, the game already shows you EVs so that's kinda already there just fyi.
AI raid partners with Pokemon that can take a hit. The first time someone sent out a Magikarp, it was kind of funny. After that it was tedious.
Transfer items to Home
OMG yes please.
Expand basically all areas. They're all kind of just corridors. Biggest offender is the Dark Gym town.
Agreed other than Dark Gym being the biggest offender. I like the homage to old school beat em ups, but nonetheless yes very much so.
Fly to individual sections of the Wild Areaa
Go down slopes in Wild Area with the bike. Invisible barriers are so frustrating.
Not personal pet peeves of mine, but wouldn't object to them for sure.
Difficulty modes.
EXP toggle
I'd be very interested in these things, yes please.
Surf Bike earlier
Why not instead be able to actually surf on Pokemon? Sorry but the surf bike is really dumb imho, it makes almost no sense how it's supposed to operate and it's a big step back from surfing on pokemon, so rather than see it earlier I'd rather see something better, just mho.

Seconded. I'm sitting on quite a few caps because I don't want to level too many Pokémon to 100 and potentially ruin the DLC but some of my buddies could use them.

I can't figure out who I hate more between the AI raid partners and that girl who trades you an Everstone Haunter in DP.

Last edited:
You can at least soft-reset the Max Raid AI partners.
I highly recommend doing this if you feel your partners are going be too much of a hindrance. It's saved me so much time because usually in 1-3 reset(s) I get a good-enough group.

in an update i would make it so the main character would stop wearing dumb clothes specifically for biking. like... i customized my main character for a reason and i can't see that 90% of the time because whenever i traverse the wild area, i have to see that ridiculous getup instead. just slap on a helmet or something in place of a hat if i have to wear anything bike-related and some kneecap protectors and i'm set.

Last edited:
It should've been in the base game. Many areas are too shallow for a $60 game imo.

are you sure? I saw two more... also you only see a little, Island of armor could have more then we think.
like little islands, underground and hidden things.

the Crown tundra looks like a open map with a lot of underground in it...

they can make cave systems and other stuff.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom