• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN027: Legends of Heroes! Dande's Greatest Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I found interesting (and somewhat disappointing) is that Lance couldn't hit Charizard at all when they were both Dyamaxed. I want to know how much experience Lance had with Dynamaxing before this episode because the way they portrayed him made it look like he only knew the basics while Leon knew the specifics (like how to use Max Airstream to get out of Max Strike's range).
You're totally right. They made Lance look like a toal rookie which he clearly isn't!

They could at least make this upcoming match a draw but I' m afraid it'll be the same result as always... Gigantamax-Charizard dominating while his opponents seems to have never heard of Dyna/Gigantamax in the first place...

We already knew from the preview but it's still interesting seeing Raihan before any of the other Galar gym leaders. It makes me wonder if the theory of him being Ash's rival for this series will prove correct. I can see a number of advantages to that; Raihan's rumored to be near-champion strength in the games so he'd work better than Bede or the others in that way, he shares a goal with Ash of wanting to defeat Leon, and his weather team gives him a specific battle style to work with. Of course that's just speculation this early; he may not even meet Ash in this episode.

Still, Leon getting another appearance so soon is making it clear they're serious about making him the big rival for this series. Here's hoping it goes well and he doesn't lose in the second round with the mysteriously anime-only Tobalason as Ash's last opponent in the championship...
I couldn't figure out a way to fit Ritchie in there, I am very sorry.

We already knew from the preview but it's still interesting seeing Raihan before any of the other Galar gym leaders. It makes me wonder if the theory of him being Ash's rival for this series will prove correct. I can see a number of advantages to that; Raihan's rumored to be near-champion strength in the games so he'd work better than Bede or the others in that way, he shares a goal with Ash of wanting to defeat Leon, and his weather team gives him a specific battle style to work with. Of course that's just speculation this early; he may not even meet Ash in this episode.

Still, Leon getting another appearance so soon is making it clear they're serious about making him the big rival for this series. Here's hoping it goes well and he doesn't lose in the second round with the mysteriously anime-only Tobalason as Ash's last opponent in the championship...
I couldn't figure out a way to fit Ritchie in there, I am very sorry.

I think that they're saving up all of the Galar gym leaders for the endgame of the series. I have a theory that all of the Galar gym leaders (and characters like Marnie, Bede, & Hop) are in the top 100 of trainers and that we'll only start fighting them once Ash gets near that tier.

Oh dear, another "Oh my God...look how great Leon is just because we decided to promote him at all costs and although he did poorly against Lance at first and then resorted to Gigantamax because we decided that he's the only one who's good at that special feature" -episode

Frankly, I don't expect to much from this episode. I just hope Raihan is treated better than Lance and given a fair chance.

You are no position to talk.

but I' m afraid it'll be the same result as always... Gigantamax-Charizard dominating while his opponents seems to have never heard of Dyna/Gigantamax in the first place...
It’s bound not to turn out this way since Raihan is equally experienced with Dynamax. He’s a Galar gym leader after all.
Lance probably has less experience due to spending more of his time in Kanto/Johto rather than in Galar, where he can use it in every battle.

——-

On a minor note, I'm looking forward to hearing the anime's Dynamax theme (or the Gym leader remix, specifically the one that plays when Gyarados Dynamaxes). That one's got me replaying to again and again.

It’s bound not to turn out this way since Raihan is equally experienced with Dynamax. He’s a Galar gym leader after all.
Lance probably has less experience due to spending more of his time in Kanto/Johto rather than in Galar, where he can use it in every battle.

——-

On a minor note, I'm looking forward to hearing the anime's Dynamax theme (or the Gym leader remix, specifically the one that plays when Gyarados Dynamaxes). That one's got me replaying to again and again.

I'm expecting it to be the opposite of Lance and Leon's match in that Charizard has the upper hand on Duraludon (in raw power) at first rather than being evenly matched, showcasing the "nearly as strong as a champion" bit for Raihan.

However, they'll be on more even footing when Dynamaxed to show Raihan's experience with the power (Leon obviously wins though).

Main thing I'm seeing is that Raihan is ranked 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom