• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia War of the Elements v7 Do-Over - Endgame - 06/22/2020

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Once again, 18 players enter the fray in War of the Elements, the game that has returned for a 7th edition! ...Or rather, a do-over of the 7th edition, given how disastrously it went the first time around. Hopefully, the issues have been rectified now.

For those of you who don't know how it works:

Each player is given a role that includes 4 moves.

The 18 players who sign up are divided into pairs, each with their own Conversation. No other OC is allowed.

Every Phase, the pairs will send in 3 attacks for each of the two players in it. These can be all the same move, three different moves or any combination thereof. Once every three Phases, they will also get one extra attack each, using 4 during the phase instead of 3. This will occur during phases 3, 6, 9, etc.

When the phase is over I will send results of each of your attacks back to you, in the form of “Earthquake on Max1996: Normally/Super/Not Very Effective” (Or “Did Not Affect”, if an immunity was hit).

This Type Chart is used for reference.

1590061910007.png

Using the results of your moves, you will also send me a list of guesses as to who is what Type.
The pair(s) who guess all initially unknown Types correctly win(s) the game.

Players:
  1. @Rainbow Cloud
  2. @HumanDawn
  3. @DarthWolf
  4. @Midorikawa
  5. @Lone_Garurumon
  6. @Space
  7. @Tood
  8. @Jinjo
  9. @dawn dusk
  10. @FinalArcadia
  11. @prog rocker
  12. @CyanideCrystal
  13. @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
  14. @DawningWinds
  15. @MegaPod
  16. @Crystal Onix
  17. @Zorchic
  18. @ThatAsianInTheCorner

Subs:
1:

Spectators:
1: @ZinnLav
2: @chib can't life

MoD: @Snowy

If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host.

Last edited:
What are the changes between the first 7th edition and this one? Except the no OC.

The players are divided up into pairs, getting their own Conversation for discussing and submitting moves. No other OC is allowed.

Wow, that sounds so much more fun! It helps to make the game pace faster too. I'm in! Are the pairs of 2 or 3?

The players are divided up into pairs, getting their own Conversation for discussing and submitting moves. No other OC is allowed.
We've decided that (Me, Max and Snowy) this is a possible new approach to keep the interactivity between players, while not making it game breaking.
Naturally I want to see how this plays out, so I'm back in.

I'd join, but you said you wanted to reuse the Pokémon and movesets and that would give me an unfair advantage. I'll spectate again I guess.
I reselected Dark and Grass (due to those being outed at the end of the first try) and took measures to avoid having the same player-Type pair, but noted.

Back
Top Bottom