• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Go catches the Morpeko they’re set to encounter, do you think it’ll be his second official team member?

Eclipsical

NEXT TIME... A NEW BEGINNING!
Reaction score
Since Morpeko is set to debut, Go is likely to capture it. Besides the fact that it’s a Galar Pokémon, it’s a Pikachu-clone, and they will probably want to continue the trend of Ash’s companions having the Pikachu-clone (Dawn with Pachirisu, Iris with Emolga, Bonnie with Dedenne, and Sophocles with Togedemaru). Plus, it’s highly marketable and Morpeko’s Hunger Switch ability and overall theme allows for some interesting personality traits and easy food-based jokes.

Another factor is that it could paralyze some of his potential captures which could make some of the harder ones easier to catch, which might give him more incentive to have him as an actual team member. Of course, that is just my reasoning, though.

I'm skeptical. At first we wondered if Scyther would be a second full member because he put up a fight in his capture and then was used in Gou's first battle, but it didn't.
Then Cubone got a bonding capture, but didn't get the role either.

True, though the fact that this is a Galar Pokémon makes me believe it would have a higher chance. Despite the fact that this series is breaking the formula with all of the past generation captures and such, they still have to advertise the 8th Generation and the new Pokémon. It is possible they’ll pull another fast one and have Morpeko stay at the lab, but I feel it’s less likely since Morpeko is new and marketable.

No because of cubone

I feel like Morpeko is different simply because it’s a newer, more unique, more marketable Pokémon. Cubone has been in the anime before and even if it has a more interesting personality than most of Go’s Pokémon it’s still not on the same level of marketability and popularity a current generation Pokémon that has two forms, a unique ability, and more potential for personality and story. It is possible they’ll just put Morpeko in the lab but I feel like it’d be a bad decision considering that it’s fairly popular.

Eh....depends if they plan to have Marnie show up.

Ash has almost always had a Pokémon that one of his rivals shared so I feel like that would also apply to Go. Unless Marnie shows up more often than any of Ash’s other rivals, I don’t think it would really affect Go’s chances.

I can only hope not. It might serve a purpose for a few episodes, but it would just eat and get angry most of the time.

Yeah. Pikaclones are always prominent on the main cast. Morpeko and Galarian Farfetch'd should be his first core team members

I can only hope not. It might serve a purpose for a few episodes, but it would just eat and get angry most of the time.
You mean like Iris' Emolga?

Yeah. Pikaclones are always prominent on the main cast. Morpeko and Galarian Farfetch'd should be his first core team members

Galarian Farfetch’d I feel could go either way. It is very possible that Go could easily catch it in it’s first appearance, though, if Ash catches it, it would probably be later on since it appears very close to when Ash catches Sobble. It’s personality was described to be very headstrong and challenging Ash and Go to a battle so I could see Farfetch’d being a recurring character in their Galar visits until Ash finally catches it, like how Sandile followed Ash around Unova and battled him a couple of times until Ash caught it. There is the fact that Riolu already covers the fighting type, so we’d have to see if they’re going to have Ash catch Pokémon with similar typings.

Apparently Oddish is his second member now?

Go has carried around other Pokémon before, like in the Cubone episode when he had four or five other Pokémon with him. Raboot is his only team member he keeps around permanently. Besides Raboot, he most likely carries around more in case that he needs them.

Go has carried around other Pokémon before, like in the Cubone episode when he had four or five other Pokémon with him. Raboot is his only team member he keeps around permanently. Besides Raboot, he most likely carries around more in case that he needs them.
I wonder if he has some rotation plan.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom