• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

Yes. I’m sure that I want enough content in a $60 game to justify the higher price tag.

the price is depending on other factors... like what are the games made of... metals and steel are more expensive this days then in the past... but now fuel went down... the price actually could change. They also hired a lot of workers and corona isn't out of play taking how many people loose jobs.

taking it they theoretically would sell more games with lower price, then could ship more and less expensive

are you sure? I saw two more... also you only see a little, Island of armor could have more then we think.
like little islands, underground and hidden things.

the Crown tundra looks like a open map with a lot of underground in it...

they can make cave systems and other stuff.

IDEK if that would justify the $30 for the DLCs. That's like half the price of the games and also without the hardware + engine development cost involved.

IDEK if that would justify the $30 for the DLCs. That's like half the price of the games and also without the hardware + engine development cost involved.

you need to pay people, the CEO needs to get his millions... also there are the carriers and henchmen, people for advertisment... remember a game is a game, luxury... but if they would want to make bigger sales and outclass the competition

the price is depending on other factors... like what are the games made of... metals and steel are more expensive this days then in the past... but now fuel went down... the price actually could change. They also hired a lot of workers and corona isn't out of play taking how many people loose jobs.

taking it they theoretically would sell more games with lower price, then could ship more and less expensive
you need to pay people, the CEO needs to get his millions... also there are the carriers and henchmen, people for advertisment... remember a game is a game, luxury... but if they would want to make bigger sales and outclass the competition
1. Not all sales are physical.
2. Non-GameFreak studios and previous GameFreak entries have been less than $60?
3. The GameFreak studios are still small, the reason for less content and overworked people.
4. The profit margins are enough to include more content in the game without starving anyone. Literally the highest grossing multimedia franchise in the world is in no danger if it includes full towns instead of glorified hallways in the games.

the price is depending on other factors... like what are the games made of... metals and steel are more expensive this days then in the past...
The casing is made from plastic, and I doubt there's all that much metal in the ROM itself. Plus, there's still physical Switch games that sell for under 60$, so clearly they don't need to charge 60$ to make up for the material cost.
They also hired a lot of workers and corona isn't out of play taking how many people loose jobs.
Yes, it is out of play, because development for these games happened long before Corona.
the CEO needs to get his millions...
CEOs don't "need" millions, and they sure as heck don't deserve them when their businesses employ child labor.

1. Not all sales are physical.
2. Non-GameFreak studios and previous GameFreak entries have been less than $60?
3. The GameFreak studios are still small, the reason for less content and overworked people.
4. The profit margins are enough to include more content in the game without starving anyone. Literally the highest grossing multimedia franchise in the world is in no danger if it includes full towns instead of glorified hallways in the games.

interesting if they sell the game by the same price in every country? or is t evaluated in the country currency taking into account minimum and average wage?(amount of people that earn near the minimum or those that earn near the average wage in those countries, to sell more games or only costs of production and % of potential earnings?)

Last edited:
The casing is made from plastic, and I doubt there's all that much metal in the ROM itself. Plus, there's still physical Switch games that sell for under 60$, so clearly they don't need to charge 60$ to make up for the material cost.

are you sure? you know how much tech and elements has your phone? if digital sale and digital copy then it would be ...

CEOs don't "need" millions, and they sure as heck don't deserve them when their businesses employ child labor.

really? when was the last time you checked how many does each company member and worker earn?

ps. I apologize the moderator and others that we did go over the subject of this forum.

are you sure?
I've seen the dimensions of a Switch cartridge, so yes, I'm sure, you can't fit that much material in it, and I can link you to a physical copy of Minecraft that only costs 30$ when sold new, so yes, I'm sure that you don't need to charge 60$ for the materials.
if digital sale and digital copy then it would be ...
It would be.... the same price. Look at it on the estore. It's still 60$.
really? when was the last time you checked how many does each company member and worker earn?
Oh, well if the company members are paid well, then I guess I'm totally fine with a CEO "needing" millions while he employs child labor.

Wait, no, I'm not.

Why not instead be able to actually surf on Pokemon? Sorry but the surf bike is really dumb imho, it makes almost no sense how it's supposed to operate and it's a big step back from surfing on pokemon, so rather than see it earlier I'd rather see something better, just mho.
Agreed completely, it is such a shame you can't ride your own Pokemon that look like they can carry you on water/in the air instead of relying on Flying Taxi and Rotom Bike.

Agreed completely, it is such a shame you can't ride your own Pokemon that look like they can carry you on water/in the air instead of relying on Flying Taxi and Rotom Bike.
The flying taxi at least makes sense, but what made Game Freak come up with the “Rotom Bike should be how you surf on water in the Galar region!” idea? Was this ever touched upon in an interview of some sort?

The flying taxi at least makes sense, but what made Game Freak come up with the “Rotom Bike should be how you surf on water in the Galar region!” idea? Was this ever touched upon in an interview of some sort?
I don't know if it was discussed in an interview, but my best guess is that the merge of the biking and surfing mechanics was for simplicity. With the surfing Rotom Bike, GameFreak doesn't have to create another model for whatever the player would surf on and there is a smooth transition from riding to surfing, i.e. the player can go straight into the water without any sort of model switch etc.

I don't know if it was discussed in an interview, but my best guess is that the merge of the biking and surfing mechanics was for simplicity. With the surfing Rotom Bike, GameFreak doesn't have to create another model for whatever the player would surf on and there is a smooth transition from riding to surfing, i.e. the player can go straight into the water without any sort of model switch etc.
So in other words, they were just being lazy. :rolleyes:

So in other words, they were just being lazy. :rolleyes:

This itself is a lazy assumption.

When developing a game, it's good to try to be economical where possible. Consider that the Wild Area is a centerpiece feature of these games - in such a wide expanse, most players are going to be traveling by bike a lot of the time. Since there are areas like the Lake of Outrage and the Axew's Eye that can only be accessed by crossing the water, as well as Pokémon Dens situated in the middle of lakes, it makes good sense to have a smooth transition from land travel to water travel. Integrating the "surf" mechanic into the bike streamlines mobility so that players don't have to dismount their bikes and summon a dedicated Pokémon or deal with a sequence of text boxes whenever they want to go on water.

What I do find strange about the Rotom Bike is its "lore," for lack of a better term. By comparison, the Corviknight Taxi service and even the rail systems are built into the setting in a way that makes sense and adds a degree of worldbuilding - you can easily see how these services would play a significant role in Galar's day-to-day lifestyle, as well as the region's commercial economy. But despite the prominence of Rotom-based technology in Galar, the Rotom Bike is not actually something well-known - in fact, the one you receive is the first of its kind, invented by some random "scientist" (who uses a Doctor skin for some reason) who finds himself twice being menaced by Team Yell. It's bizarrely circumstantial, when it would make perfect sense for one of Galar's many corporations to capitalize on the demand that people exploring the Wild Area would naturally create for bikes. You could easily tie it in with Rose's business conglomerate, especially since it's League staffers who host the Rotom Rally. Simply have Macro Cosmos issue new bikes to Gym Challengers for free upon reaching a certain checkpoint in the Gym Challenge (and then upgrading it for water travel at a later checkpoint), while selling them on the market for non-Challengers.

Last edited:
I started playing the game recently and I just find the wild area incredibly boring. Like there's a whole lot of nothing there and it's not even visually exciting. Raids are also very very slow.

if they bring scorching sand move, then we will get a ground move that cause a burn and hope it defrozens the user too...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom