• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime's return

I just hope that they aren't rushing too fast by lifting the state of emergency in so many areas. Granted, I worry about places in the U.S. trying to reopen before they honestly should too, but if they jump back into production too soon, that could still put the cast/production crew members in danger. I'm just hoping that these kind of decisions don't backfire and result in more people getting sick or worse another wave for the virus.

I just hope that they aren't rushing too fast by lifting the state of emergency in so many areas. Granted, I worry about places in the U.S. trying to reopen before they honestly should too, but if they jump back into production too soon, that could still put the cast/production crew members in danger. I'm just hoping that these kind of decisions don't backfire and result in more people getting sick or worse another wave for the virus.
Something like that just happened in South Korea this week.

^ Exactly.
Countries trying to reopen are having a surge of new cases and deaths because of it.

The Virus doesn't care about economies or livelihoods. Protect lives now, fix the economy later.

I am perfectly content to wait for new episodes and movies just as long as it takes so as many people survive this as possible.

Playing devil's advocate for reopening economies, there are other issues to think about as well regarding reopening the economy. The news might not report this openly, but there are mental health issues and suicides with an extended lockdown and the incidence of these has increased significantly since the lockdowns were initiated. A lot of people are out of work since the lockdown began, which can lead to not only the mental health issues and suicides I mentioned earlier, but also increases in drug and alcohol use and abuse which can result in accidental deaths. In addition, the incidence of spousal abuse has also increased significantly since the lockdown was enacted. Can all of that be ignored? While, we should not go too quickly in reopening, we also can't be too slow about reopening either, or the lockdown will cause more problems than the virus ever would.

Playing devil's advocate for reopening economies, there are other issues to think about as well regarding reopening the economy. The news might not report this openly, but there are mental health issues and suicides with an extended lockdown and the incidence of these has increased significantly since the lockdowns were initiated. A lot of people are out of work since the lockdown began, which can lead to not only the mental health issues and suicides I mentioned earlier, but also increases in drug and alcohol use and abuse which can result in accidental deaths. In addition, the incidence of spousal abuse has also increased significantly since the lockdown was enacted. Can all of that be ignored? While, we should not go too quickly in reopening, we also can't be too slow about reopening either, or the lockdown will cause more problems than the virus ever would.

While there are concerns with the lockdown, particularly with financial and mental stresses, I disagree that all of that would cause more problems than the virus ever would. The economy crashing or not reopening sooner isn't worse than more people getting sick or dying. I'm not saying that all of those problems can be ignored, but reopening places too soon could easily lead to another wave, which would basically put us back to square one. There would still be these problems to deal with on top of more people getting sick.

A second wave would be incredibly brutal for hospitals at this point and would most likely result in another longer shutdown, especially when many hospitals and other essential businesses are struggling without having enough safety supplies during this first wave. Not to mention testing is still pretty difficult to do from what I understand. There isn't really an easy solution since this is a problem no one was really ready to deal with. Ideally, governments should provide financial resources for people to get their basic needs met during this emergency situation in order to ease at least the financial stress people are dealing with, but that sadly isn't really going to happen. at least not in the U.S. I understand the financial stress behind closing the economy. A lot of people can't pay rent or find a new job in the mist of all this chaos. However, there's far more risk than reward in reopening the economy too fast. The last thing we need right now is a second wave and rushing back into things before it's safe would put a lot of people in danger.

Something like that just happened in South Korea this week.
^ Exactly.
Countries trying to reopen are having a surge of new cases and deaths because of it.

The Virus doesn't care about economies or livelihoods. Protect lives now, fix the economy later.

I am perfectly content to wait for new episodes and movies just as long as it takes so as many people survive this as possible.
Same here. Specially when Nicaragua (who is north of Costa Rica) is experiencing the worst case scenario, not helped by Ortega being worse than Trump or Bolsonaro... I mean, people are dropping like flies on the streets (really).

I'm not saying that Japan will go through something similar (partly because they don't deny the pandemic and their health system is functional), but you have to wonder how bad the situation could be if measures are not followed.

tl;dr Better be safe than sorry.

Some leaders in some countries (including my own), Read the most, only care about the economy. They dont understand that without people, you dont have an economy. Since when is money more important than human lifes? Oh wait, some humans are selfish beings. Some countries didnt really go in lockdown at all, they want a thing called group immunity for future generations, but there died more people now, so its better to adapt the life style and wait for a vaccin. This is my opinion and you can dissagree of course.

Last edited:
Some leaders in some countries (including my own), Read the most, only care about the economy. They dont understand that without people, you dont have an economy. Since when is money more important than human lifes? Oh wait, some humans are selfish beings. Some countries didnt really go in lockdown at all, they want a thing called group immunity for future generations, but there died more people now, so its better to adapt the life style and wait for a vaccin. This is my opinion and you can dissagree of course.
People should not be put in danger. My country is also lifting the lockdown.
I can wait for these episodes.

We not sure when these Pokémon anime comes back and which date might be.

There is no stopping the virus, even if they develop a vaccine, it will not be 100% effective. The virus has already started to mutate and there could already be at least 3 different versions already. The whole point of the lockdown was to “flatten the curve”. From the very beginning, it was never about keeping people from getting it, because the majority of people will eventually. It was about not bombarding health care systems and giving them the best chance of saving those that can be saved. However, many hospitals are now practically empty and there are health care workers being laid off with most non-emergent or elective procedures being put on hold.

but the fact is, it hasn’t been as bad as they anticipated. The fact is, as many as 70%of people that contract the virus, remain asymptomatic or very mild symptoms. while I do think measures should still be taken for the elderly and the at risk population, I do think now is the appropriate time to cautiously resume regular life. Dedicated shopping times can remain for the at risk.

I hate how the only coverage is doom and gloom, no one covers how to better prepare yourself. Everyone should be trying to boost their immune system, but no one talks about how to do it.

I hate how the only coverage is doom and gloom, no one covers how to better prepare yourself. Everyone should be trying to boost their immune system, but no one talks about how to do it.

If I may make a suggestion on to how to boost your immune system or make it less likely to have a negative reaction to the virus since it hits those with preexisting conditions far harder than healthier individuals, one could simply exercise and eat better. One positive effect of the lockdown for me, and for my family, is that we've all been eating better. Also, my father is a teacher and he has said that his students have been noticing the same thing. It is also something I will continue even after the lockdown is lifted entirely. I have also begun regular exercise and have been noticing positive results. Maybe the health of the general population is why some areas in the country, and the world, are more heavily affected than others.

As for the animé's return, I have a feeling that, at least for Japan, it will likely return mid to late June or so. I don't have any empirical evidence of that, just a feeling. For me, the issue is going to be the effect on the English dub since the dub is produced in New York and Los Angeles. I don't know how hard hit LA is, but I know that New York was, and may still be, considered ground zero for the virus and that it has been hit harder than anywhere else in the U.S. so far.

If I may make a suggestion on to how to boost your immune system or make it less likely to have a negative reaction to the virus since it hits those with preexisting conditions far harder than healthier individuals, one could simply exercise and eat better. One positive effect of the lockdown for me, and for my family, is that we've all been eating better. Also, my father is a teacher and he has said that his students have been noticing the same thing. It is also something I will continue even after the lockdown is lifted entirely. I have also begun regular exercise and have been noticing positive results. Maybe the health of the general population is why some areas in the country, and the world, are more heavily affected than others.

As for the animé's return, I have a feeling that, at least for Japan, it will likely return mid to late June or so. I don't have any empirical evidence of that, just a feeling. For me, the issue is going to be the effect on the English dub since the dub is produced in New York and Los Angeles. I don't know how hard hit LA is, but I know that New York was, and may still be, considered ground zero for the virus and that it has been hit harder than anywhere else in the U.S. so far.

that’s definitely a great start! I’m fortunate that I had already begun living a healthier lifestyle before this all began. I’ve lost almost 70 pounds since August 2019 and feel much better. I’d be far more concerned if I hadn’t already taken steps to improve my health.

Other ways to guard yourself against Covid-19 would be to supplement vitamins D, C and zinc. And get adequate sleep. The main one is the vitamin D though.

So what's news on Thursday?

When there's an announcement about when the Tokyo will be lifted and re-air date?

It say some about in new magazine scan, TV Tokyo’s supposedly putting something out tomorrow at 6 PM JPN Time.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom