• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Serena poster: real or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BohdanKing

Reaction score
What do you think, truth or fake?
quomgc36lq051.png

That's obviously fake, look at the outlines, and the hue is slightly off, it looks like it was cropped then pasted in.

Also, wouldn't she be in a more active pose? Or at least holding a rotom phone? And why is it the exact same piece of promotional material, only with Serena in it?

Last edited:
That is incredibly fake. I'll give them credit for giving Serena a pretty good new outfit, but they clearly pasted it right in the middle of the official poster. As much as I'd like to see a proper female lead in PM, I don't think that they'll suddenly bring Serena back out of nowhere to fill that role.

That's obviously fake, look at the outlines, and the hue is slightly off, it looks like it was cropped then pasted in.

Also, wouldn't she be in a more active pose? Or at least holding a rotom phone? And why is it the exact same piece of promotional material, only with Serena in it?

Aside from that, the dead giveaway that its fake is that Pikachu and Raboot are missing, especially Pikachu as the mascot would be on a real poster.

Aside from that, the dead giveaway that its fake is that Pikachu and Raboot are missing, especially Pikachu as the mascot would be on a real poster.
Something felt off about it other than Serena looking pasted in, but I couldn't pinpoint it until now! Pikachu would surely be there if it were real.

You must be new at this, TC. That's clearly fake. Some made a picture of Serena in Journeys' art-style, and inserted it into the poster for the series.

That said, I wouldn't mind a return. With all this globetrotting and the occasional old character, it's possible. Though in her case I'd say it's fairly low.

Though I would like an episode or two about her in a Contest. It bothers me greatly they set that up and NEVER did anything with it. Heck, for a while there I wondered if we'd get some Ash-free specials about it. Serena competing in Contests and having misadventures with Hoenn characters would've practically wrote itself...

Yeah, this is fake. Serena is not coming back in the Pokemon Anime.

In fairness, this current series gives her, as well as other past companions, their best chance of returning. Not as permanent characters, mind you, but for a handful of episodes or so. The world traveling angle makes that possibility much more realistic.

Doesn't make the poster itself any less fake, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom