• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon everyone else likes that you dislike

Snorlax. It's a combination of a design I really can't get behind--I usually prefer my Pokemon either sleek and animal-like or cool-looking monster, of which Snorlax is neither in my opinion--and overexposure. Munchlax is far superior in my opinion. If DPPt remakes come, I might use one, and I can bet you there'll be an Eviolite on that sucker if I do.

Munchlax is far superior in my opinion
*happy crying in the distance*

Infernape. It's design is weirdly complex and and it continued in the trend of "fire/fighting starter is the most popular". It's not fun to draw and makes it clear that I just really don't like fire starters with the exception of litten and scorbunny

It's uh... pretty easy for me to list Pokemon that I dislike that are otherwise popular.

Charizard
Pikachu
Lucario
Garchomp
Eevee and most other Eeveelutions sans Sylveon and Flareon.
Gallade
Goodra
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Ash-Greninja (I'm meh over regular Greninja)
Blaziken
Arceus

I was tempted to put the Pikaclones here, but they always just struck me as more divisive if anything, so I don't think they count

-Greninja - It is ugly, horrible, disgusting, awful, overexposed, and just... Don't get me started on Ash-Greninja.
-Infernape - The worst fire/fighting starter.
-Snom - I mean, Greninja and Infernape was Pokémon's fault, but why is Snom so popular? It is not cute. Its face looks weird. It's got not one, but two 4x weaknesses. It has almost no redeeming qualities.

Last edited:
I don't totally hate Pikachu, but I personally find them overused at best, even though I do love the heart-shaped tail-cut (for both regular and Cosplay Pikachu) and Raichu's chipped tails.

Even though I am an Eevee fan, I am not a fan of Switch games' Eevee. I find the NDS/3DS Eevee fitting better with their design language.

Charizard and Pikachu, hands down. I'm happy if others like them, don't get me wrong, but I personally sigh everytime I see them since they're, more than not, the focus of promotions/special cards/etc. Especially Pikachu, which is a given since Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot of course, but still.

the main one that comes to mind:

Vivavolt and Scizor, I know so many like them, due to my strong dislike of bugs, I'll never like them, I'm sure there are another two or three popular bugs I missed

also majoirty of the Dragons, I know so many love them, I get so annoyed of them, too over popular and over design

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom